Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I mean come on guys he had 3.9 ypc today in a game that the Colts manhandled the team at the line of sceimmage.  None of you rah rah guys noticed him running into tackles on many carries or his tentativeness going lateral to the line?

he moves the pile no doubt and that is great and we need it.  But watch his carries again if you can.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Were we watching the same Taylor?   Because I thought he looked tantalizingly fast, talented, and physical for a rookie RB.   Also looked better catching the ball than I ever expec

Taylor should have gotten the ball on that 4th and 1.

And the history of bad threads from the ol Nickster continues...  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is funny is my initial post said he could be our next Dickerson because of his speed and strength, some people have a reading comprehension problem. I never said he was Dickerson. Then he gains 100 Yards in his 2nd game and people aren't happy. Comical to me.

He runs absolutely nothing like Eric Dickerson.  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is funny is my initial post said he could be our next Dickerson because of his speed and strength, some people have a reading comprehension problem. I never said he was Dickerson. Then he gains 100 Yards in his 2nd game and people aren't happy. Comical to me.

I get you

In a different Thread people got upset because I said the PC injury changed the way FR called the game

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nickster said:

I mean come on guys he had 3.9 ypc today in a game that the Colts manhandled the team at the line of sceimmage.  None of you rah rah guys noticed him running into tackles on many carries or his tentativeness going lateral to the line?

he moves the pile no doubt and that is great and we need it.  But watch his carries again if you can.

Basically he was at 4.0 which I will take all day, it was like 3.99 = 26 for 101.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I get you

In a different Thread people got upset because I said the PC injury changed the way FR called the game

But people HAVE to be negative and over critical or they might have to enjoy something and can’t pretend to be the smartest person in the room...

• Like 2

Basically he was at 4.0 which I will take all day, it was like 3.99 = 26 for 101.

You would take less than League average with the Colts interior line?  Ok then.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

But people HAVE to be negative and over critical or they might have to enjoy something and can’t pretend to be the smartest person in the room...

I enjoyed the hell out of the game.  Just so far am not impressed with this dudes running.  The undrafted FA for the jags has been much better statistically.

If I am a RB in the league and averaged 4 yards a carry for my career I would be happy and so would my team. 

Well me to man, I’d be a millionaire and retire at 30. But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s blow league average.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Nickster said:

You would take less than League average with the Colts interior line?  Ok then.  

He went from 2.4 the first game of his pro career to 3.99 his second game. Why don't we give it another couple of games before passing final judgment?

• Like 1
Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

He went from 2.4 the first game of his pro career to 3.99 his second game. Why don't we give it another couple of games before passing final judgment?

Who says I’ve passed final judgement?

Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

Yeah, his YPC will probably be somewhere between 4 and 5. Combine that with his receiving ability, being a bellcow back, a goal-line back, and you have a complete RB with huge potential to carry this team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

A Win is a Win

This is one of the best all-around performances I have seen the Colts play in a long time = defense, offense, and SPteams. Coaching was great today too. We play like we played today the rest of the year, we will be tough to beat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is one of the best all-around performances I have seen the Colts play in a long time = defense, offense, and SPteams. Coaching was great today too. We play like we played today the rest of the year, we will be tough to beat.

Yep, we are 1-1 now instead of 0-2 (which is huge), and we get to face the Jets next week who may actually be the worst team in the NFL. Big swing for us after today. Hopefully we keep the momentum going.

• Like 2

The coach in me did see some negatives but nothing major and/or detrimental 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, we are 1-1 now instead of 0-2 (which is huge), and we get to face the Jets next week who may actually be the worst team in the NFL. Big swing for us after today. Hopefully we keep the momentum going.

It is gigantic. 1-1 and 0-2 is a huge difference and history back that up. We showed today that we are good. Big win :thmup:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The coach in me did see some negatives but nothing major and/or detrimental 

I am usually a gambling type of a guy but I was glad to see Frank settle for FG's on 4th and short. I also like the fact that Rivers threw less than 30 times and we rode JT. Smart football and Rivers arm stayed fresh late.

18 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I enjoyed the hell out of the game.  Just so far am not impressed with this dudes running.  The undrafted FA for the jags has been much better statistically.

Its hard to say what kind of RB we have. 

With Mack, he had the opportunity to sit behind a potential HOF RB in Frank Gore for a year or two if i remember correctly.

Taylor has been way too hyped which isn't fair to him. The forums and the media have praised this pick like crazy. 

It really would have been nice to see that 1 - 2 punch at RB... But in the end, its just really hard to trust Macks durability. 

Im getting off topic. 

For Taylor I have the patience to see if he can learn. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am usually a gambling type of a guy but I was glad to see Frank settle for FG's on 4th and short. I also like the fact that Rivers threw less than 30 times and we rode JT. Smart football and Rivers arm stayed fresh late.

Maybe it is because of the coaches I grew up around and/or the type of Offense I was taught I am not a gambler 

I was very happy to take the FGs on 4th and short as well. 1.) We are building Blankenship's confidence in the 2nd game of his career, 2.) We are putting up points against a team that's worse than us, and 3.) We are putting pressure  on and destroying the Vikings confidence the more points we pile on. Great in every way.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Its hard to say what kind of RB we have. 

With Mack, he had the opportunity to sit behind a potential HOF RB in Frank Gore for a year or two if i remember correctly.

Taylor has been way too hyped which isn't fair to him. The forums and the media have praised this pick like crazy. 

It really would have been nice to see that 1 - 2 punch at RB... But in the end, its just really hard to trust Macks durability. 

Im getting off topic. 

For Taylor I have the patience to see if he can learn. 

people are actually saying Eric friggin Dickerson.

mack wasn’t a high draft pick,  these guys on here are all weird about this kid.  He hasn’t shown much in the running game imo.  He is running behind incredible run blocking and basically looks very average to me right now.  He does get push at the end of runs but doesn’t get much more than what is blocked Right now IMo.  

101 yds on 26 behind Nelson and the boys is not impressive imo.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I was very happy to take the FGs on 4th and short as well. 1.) We are building Blankenship's confidence in the 2nd game of his career, 2.) We are putting up points against a team that's worse than us, and 3.) We are putting pressure  on and destroying the Vikings confidence the more points we pile on. Great in every way.

I agree 100%. I think Frank realized he should've kicked the FG last week to go up 10-0, up 10-0 we probably win. I honestly think we underestimated the Jags but only time will tell.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Giants may now be worse than the Jets with the loss of Barkley.

• Like 1

I agree 100%. I think Frank realized he should've kicked the FG last week to go up 10-0, up 10-0 we probably win. I honestly think we underestimated the Jags but only time will tell.

I will say the Jags got rid of a lot of their "dirty laundry players" that didn't want to be there. Now they have a team that buys into Doug Marrone's system. They will be a team to watch this season. the real test will be whether they continue to fight hard all season, or fade into obscurity.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Giants may now be worse than the Jets with the loss of Barkley.

That could be true, I forgot he tore his ACL today. That team will have to completely rely on Daniel Jones, and he was iffy with Barkley. That could be rough! hahahaha 

• Like 1

I will say the Jags got rid of a lot of their "dirty laundry players" that didn't want to be there. Now they have a team that buys into Doug Marrone's system. They will be a team to watch this season. the real test will be whether they continue to fight hard all season, or fade into obscurity.

Until DM costs them a game

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

people are actually saying Eric friggin Dickerson.

mack wasn’t a high draft pick,  these guys on here are all weird about this kid.  He hasn’t shown much in the running game imo.  He is running behind incredible run blocking and basically looks very average to me right now.  He does get push at the end of runs but doesn’t get much more than what is blocked Right now IMo.  

101 yds on 26 behind Nelson and the boys is not impressive imo.

We get it, you are not a fan of JT.  Your point is duly noted.

• Nadine locked this topic