Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Meet the two-head monster

CR91

To my knowledge and to the best of my memory, the Colts have NEVER had a backfield with this kind of talent and potential.  We've been a pass first type of offense for so many years and now with Mack and Taylor, we can run the damn ball on anyone and everyone, then we the opponent keys on the run game, we'll use the pass to  game to it's fullest advantage, because we have a proven QB and an upgraded receiving corps to move the ball through the air, too.

I'm really excited to see these two guys put up some big numbers this season!

52 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

To my knowledge and to the best of my memory, the Colts have NEVER had a backfield with this kind of talent and potential.  

Marshall Faulk and Zack Crockett

Edgerin James and Dominic Rhodes

Joseph Addai and Dominic Rhodes

Those are the best combos I can remember the Colts having at RB.  Mack is in Addai skill range but hasn't done enough for his name to be mentioned with Faulk or Edge.  Taylor has yet to play a down.  I hope they are the best duo the Colts have ever had, but not yet  

5 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Usually one is strong and the other fast but Mack and Taylor are both really fast. Defenses won’t get a break to have 2 guys that dangerous who aren’t tired in the 4th quarter. 

Not to mention a true FB in Nix, Ballard is truly aiming for the top rushing attack next year, its gonna be damn hard for defenses to account for everyone

58 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Those are the best combos I can remember the Colts having at RB.  Mack is in Addai skill range but hasn't done enough for his name to be mentioned with Faulk or Edge.  Taylor has yet to play a down.  I hope they are the best duo the Colts have ever had, but not yet  

Curtis Dickey and Randy McMillan.   The Colts weren't any good back then but they had a pretty nice RB tandem for a few seasons.

41 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

Not to mention a true FB in Nix, Ballard is truly aiming for the top rushing attack next year, its gonna be damn hard for defenses to account for everyone

Don't forget Hines.   I'm thinking he will be catching lots of passes from Rivers.  

2 hours ago, Superfly said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I prefer a dominant run game versus passing game.

Nothing more demoralizing to a defense that can’t stop the run game.

I’m excited with our RB situation.

I just like the idea that if you can't beat them with one, you beat them with the other.  I can only say I prefer whichever one is moving the chains.  

Plus a strong run game is a huge component in running down the clock.  

I am skeptical of Taylor as a player because it always seem like Wisconsin backs never live up to their billing, but I hope he does.  

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I remember Alan Ameche and Lenny Moore.  They were awesome.  FB/HB era. 

49 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

When Colin is Right!

Colin started here in the Portland market. Always liked him. He studies, he uses sound logic most of the time,. I don't agree with him always, but he is not an empty head trying to stir controversy. 

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

To my knowledge and to the best of my memory, the Colts have NEVER had a backfield with this kind of talent and potential.  We've been a pass first type of offense for so many years and now with Mack and Taylor, we can run the damn ball on anyone and everyone, then we the opponent keys on the run game, we'll use the pass to  game to it's fullest advantage, because we have a proven QB and an upgraded receiving corps to move the ball through the air, too.

I'm really excited to see these two guys put up some big numbers this season!

Norm Bulaich and Don Nottingham

This has to be one of the best RB rooms in the NFL.  We’ll probably end up cutting Williams or Wilkins and they’ll end up being at least a #2 somewhere else.  

Hey, I just looked and Williams isn’t on the roster.  Was he let go?

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

This has to be one of the best RB rooms in the NFL.  We’ll probably end up cutting Williams or Wilkins and they’ll end up being at least a #2 somewhere else.  

Hey, I just looked and Williams isn’t on the roster.  Was he let go?

Unsigned UFA

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Colin started here in the Portland market. Always liked him. He studies, he uses sound logic most of the time,. I don't agree with him always, but he is not an empty head trying to stir controversy. 

I like that he's a Colts fan, but I cannot stomach him for more than a few minutes.  He comes across as too egotistical and talks in absolutes and thinks he is correct on everything.  I take a pass on Cowherd.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Norm Bulaich and Don Nottingham

LOL!  I do remember those two.  Nottingham was from nearby where I grew up, and went to Kent State.  He was the 'Human Bowling Bowl'. 

Both of those guys were decent RBs (more like FBs) for a short time.

20 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

LOL!  I do remember those two.  Nottingham was from nearby where I grew up, and went to Kent State.  He was the 'Human Bowling Bowl'. 

Both of those guys were decent RBs (more like FBs) for a short time.

Yes...the human bowling ball !

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I like that he's a Colts fan, but I cannot stomach him for more than a few minutes.  He comes across as too egotistical and talks in absolutes and thinks he is correct on everything.  I take a pass on Cowherd.

I would take him over guys like Skip Bayless or Max Kellerman any day. 

20 hours ago, Stephen said:

Yea turned off after 21 seconds and wondered  why I wasted  so much time

It was a bad movie.   I remember watching it as a little kid when my big brothers watched it.  

I also remember sneaking behind the couch and watching Benny Hill as well.  :thmup:

Archived