75 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes, I want the Colts to select Jordan Love at selection #13
    • No, I do not want the Colts to select Jordan Love at selection #13

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AZColt11 said:

Well on that I have no idea.  Just saying I think 13 is too high IMHO.  But if that's what Ballard decides to do, then so be it, and I'll root like hell for the guy.  

Honestly  I think  Love is smoke screen. We will probably  draft some middle  round qb nobody's  heard of

1 hour ago, twfish said:

He won't be there at 13. It amazes me how some of you undervalue a QB even if you don't like them. Remember how baker was supposed to be a fringe 2nd rounder then bam he went #1 overall.

I don’t get why so many are undervaluing a QB so bad when we were not that good this year. I guess no one wants to win a SB.  A team is nothing without a QB. Ballard can preach all he wants that he doesn’t want to be about one guy but every team needs a good QB. A team can’t function without one. There are about to be even more young studs in the AFC this year. We need to be able to compete with all these young QB.

Considering his combine performance and all of the hype he is receiving you have to wonder why he would make it to 13?   If he does what does that really say about him as a high draft prospect?  Maybe Ballard goes in a different direction too.  I think FA will give us a better idea on what to expect.  

Firstly, I think just sitting and waiting until 13 for a quarterback is a very passive move. If you absolutely love a guy why take the risk that the Dolphins or Chargers will grab them or someone lower down leaps above us. Especially with multiple 2nd round picks in our pocket.

Secondly, I'm just not enamored with Love. We clearly need to sort out our QB situation but I'm not sure he's the guy.

I will trust Ballard and co if they go in that direction though.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Honestly  I think  Love is smoke screen. We will probably  draft some middle  round qb nobody's  heard of

I would say its more of a smoke screen to get Herbert if it is a smoke screen. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

like Mahomes.... 

Mahomes is such an outlier though. If we draft Love, I hope he pans out like Mahomes, but Mahomes was a one in a million success story. It’s extremely unlikely he’ll come close to Mahomes, and if he doesn’t, the entire board will be upset

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

Mahomes is such an outlier though. If we draft Love, I hope he pans out like Mahomes, but Mahomes was a one in a million success story. It’s extremely unlikely he’ll come close to Mahomes, and if he doesn’t, the entire board will be upset

For every example like Patrick, there are easily a dozen examples in the opposite. 

24 minutes ago, twfish said:

I would say its more of a smoke screen to get Herbert if it is a smoke screen. 

There has been no rumor of the colts wanting either QB. The only reason we know he has  been at so many of his games is all of that is public info.  If we start hearing actual leaks that’s when we can wonder if there putting our smokescreens. If it stays quiet and we hear nothing then something is going down.

This is the time to be aggressive not passive. Being passive is for losers.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t get why so many are undervaluing a QB so bad when we were not that good this year. I guess no one wants to win a SB.  A team is nothing without a QB. Ballard can preach all he wants that he doesn’t want to be about one guy but every team needs a good QB. A team can’t function without one. There are about to be even more young studs in the AFC this year. We need to be able to compete with all these young QB.

You can still draft one later. So many QBs are successful in later rounds. Most 1st round QBs dont pan out. But a 1st round lineman usually does do what makes the team better instantly first. Look at the browns history of 1st round QBs lol. I say who ever you draft has a better chance to be successful if the rest of the team is good. Draft Gordon Hurts or Eason later and let them battle it out with Kelly and JB, best man gets the job. Cut Hoyer for gods sake...

6 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

No, Mahomes really isn't an outlier. He was a QB many thought was a 2nd round project. A team scouted him, did their due diligence, placed their bet, and their hard work paid off. A lot of QBs in the top 10 (stats) weren't drafted in the top 10, and many who were drafted top 10 were seen as reaches. It's all a gamble.

I'm not expecting Mahomes, but all the Love bashing is pretty funny. The kid obviously has talent and had a great combine. The same people would have been bashing Mahomes. And a good portion of those poo-pooing Love are singing from the JB fan club section. JB was incredibly underwhelming as a college prospect (Q the "he's a great leader" and "doesn't throw INTs" chorus lol). And some are just trying to hold on to any narrative that keeps JB as QB1.

I watched a really good video a while back. The stats show QB going in the first round are actually having greater success then in the past. Nfl coaches are changing their offenses so these quarterbacks are doing what they did well in college. Instead of trying to change them. Go watch Mahomes in college. That KC offense looks the exact same.

Love and Herbert actually have a greater chance to succeed then Burrow because they are going to organizations with good GMS and owners. I think the dolphins have a really good coach and TUA should be ok if he can stay healthy. So much hinges on what team these QB go to.

10 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

You can still draft one later. So many QBs are successful in later rounds. Most 1st round QBs dont pan out. But a 1st round lineman usually does do what makes the team better instantly first. Look at the browns history of 1st round QBs lol. I say who ever you draft has a better chance to be successful if the rest of the team is good. 

No... 

42% of 1st round QBs end up having at least 1 pro-bowl season in their first 5 years. The only positions to have a higher pro-bowl rate in the 1st are S (51%) and TE (46%). 

Using a team like the Browns or Bengals as an argument is lazy. Manning would have likely failed if drafted by either.

25 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

For every example like Patrick, there are easily a dozen examples in the opposite. 

You'd prefer JB over Burrow... lol

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No... 

42% of 1st round QBs end up having at least 1 pro-bowl season in their first 5 years. The only positions to have a higher pro-bowl rate in the 1st are S (51%) and TE (46%). 

Using a team like the Browns or Bengals as an argument is lazy. Manning would have likely failed if drafted by either.

You'd prefer JB over Burrow... lol

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

Not saying your wrong. But I strongly believe this QB class is weak. JB sucks and I want him out asap. But I rather have DL Kinclaw Brown or LB Simmons than an overhyped QB. Or trade for more picks. I believe any QB is gonna benefit from the trenches and D getting stronger. We have a strong Oline, and Kelly has stayed out of trouble and Im 100percent sure he is better than JB. I rather get Carr or Foles than draft a 1st rounder after Burrow, Tua, and Herbert are gone. I like Love but trade back for him or pass.

From reading threads, most people who opposed Love at 13 did so because they hoped he would fall and we’d grab him at pick 34.   I was once one of those people.

Not any more.

If you love Love then you either take him at pick 13 or you’re not taking him at all.   Someone else will take him soon after. 

So....   13 or bust.   And if Ballard likes him at 13, then so be it. 

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No, Mahomes really isn't an outlier. He was a QB many thought was a 2nd round project. A team scouted him, did their due diligence, placed their bet, and their hard work paid off. A lot of QBs in the top 10 (stats) weren't drafted in the top 10, and many who were drafted top 10 were seen as reaches. It's all a gamble.

I'm not expecting Mahomes, but all the Love bashing is pretty funny. The kid obviously has talent and had a great combine. The same people would have been bashing Mahomes. And a good portion of those poo-pooing Love are singing from the JB fan club section. JB was incredibly underwhelming as a college prospect (Q the "he's a great leader" and "doesn't throw INTs" chorus lol). And some are just trying to hold on to any narrative that keeps JB as QB1.

I think most people know we need an upgrade at QB. I see now maybe a few people still wanting JB to start next season. 

To the OP's question it is a tough question to just say yes or no to Love at #13. I would say yes because I think he has a higher ceiling than JB and I like him better than Herbert and Tua, Having said that I would still rather trade for Carr or sign Rivers. I am just not a Herbert or Tua fan. Burrow is going #1 so he is out of the discussion.

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

let's look at what your link says... it actually says the opposite of your point. 

Now let's look at little closer at the QBs.

Of the 122 QBs drafted in the last 10 years only 25 have been starters for at least half of their career.

The first round gives you a 63% chance of finding a starter.

The second round gives you a 27% chance, the third a 17% chance, then it really plummets from there with 8% in the fourth and 6% in the 7th.

In the last 10 years, 38 QBs have been drafted in the 5th and 6th rounds and not one has become a starter.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think most people know we need an upgrade at QB. I see now maybe a few people still wanting JB to start next season. 

To the OP's question it is a tough question to just say yes or no to Love at #13. I would say yes because I think he has a higher ceiling than JB and I like him better than Herbert and Tua, Having said that I would still rather trade for Carr or sign Rivers. I am just not a Herbert or Tua fan. Burrow is going #1 so he is out of the discussion.

Forget Rivers 23 tds to 20 ints... Carr or Foles I could roll with...

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

let's look at what your link says... it actually says the opposite of your point. 

Im not saying our starter QB is getting drafted lol. But I know between Kelly or a FA sign on and improving the team by drafting a sure starter we can compete for the playoffs. Kelly is way better than people think and i like Carr or Foles behind our line.

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

Forget Rivers 23 tds to 20 ints... Carr or Foles I could roll with...

Carr has always been my 1st choice since everyone has been talking about QB's in here for the last 2 months. I think he is above average and would fit our offense nicely. We have the O.Line to protect him. Is he Andrew Luck, NO but he is above average and an upgrade over JB. He is only 28 years old as well which is a huge key. A team could build the next 5-7 years around him. We would have to trade for him though. Raiders would probably want a couple of high draft picks.

My take is this...

I'm not sure why a lot of fans on here are so quick to write off Kelly. 

When he was in the preseason he showed flashes of something special to EVERYONE in Colts nation paying attention. Oh but it was against 4th stringers....

Recently, a lot of attention in the football world has been paid to ex Colt Phillip Walker in the XFL, including some on here hoping he gets another shot in NFL. Newsflash, Walker is playing basically against 4th stringers in the XFL....

Why is Phillip praised for playing well against 4th stringers and Kelly is not?

Why is Phillip worthy of getting another NFL shot and Kelly getting scrapped?

I think us as a team falling off the cliff last season was honestly a curse. If the Colts would have won just 3 more games none of this drafting a QB nonsense would even be happening at all. Yes, we would still most likely think JB wasn't that good, however I believe we would have also been kind of excited to potentially see our other QB get a real shot based on not having a draft position within striking distance of one of these flavors of the month QBs.

It's like having a car in the garage, you've driven a couple times cautiously, yearning to open it up, but set it aside and it got dusty. Then a new car comes along that's not dusty and you see it drive by and you start wishing you had that car all the while forgetting about the car you already OWN that you have yet to open up.... 

It's a stupid mindset. We should ALL be hoping Kelly gets a real shot before we all write him off.

Archived