75 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes, I want the Colts to select Jordan Love at selection #13
    • No, I do not want the Colts to select Jordan Love at selection #13

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

So in your mind nobody should draft a QB in the top 15. Every player is a risk in the draft. There is no sure thing.

Jerry Juedy is as about as sure of a prospect at WR that any team is going to get. Love has potential but there is just too many flaws to draft him that high. 

20 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Love has all the measurables and skills to be a traditional type QB. Just because he has scramble ability doesn't mean he's an off-script QB. Love played in an air raid system, but that doesn't mean he's only and air raid QB. Mahomes played in an air raid system, but Reid is not only air raid.. With a good OL, a QB doesn't have to play outside the system. 

And I think it's silly to assume what Reich wants. He inherited Rivers in LAC and played within McCoy's system prior to being fired. Then played within Pederson's system in Philly for two years and didn't call plays. If anything, it could be Ballard who is dictating system, and he's an Andy Reid fan.

We shall c but i don't think they make a move for Love or any other qb. Go with Brissett and i think they draft one like in the 2nd or 3rd.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, Fluke_33 said:

The colts should trade the 34th pick for the 32nd and take whatever qb is left.

trades like that do happen for qbs... its a thing.  lamar jackson went there

the 5th year option is worth a lot i guess 

12 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Colts are showing interest so that 4 QBs go before pick 13... My guess old CB has 9-10 blue chippers...outside the QB position. Masterclass misdirection, tomfoolery, gamesmanship... 

and smoke signals, smoke screens and smoke stacks . 

5 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Colts are showing interest so that 4 QBs go before pick 13... My guess old CB has 9-10 blue chippers...outside the QB position. Masterclass misdirection, tomfoolery, gamesmanship... 

You take QB over any position falling even if it means trading up for one.

On 3/2/2020 at 5:37 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t get why so many are undervaluing a QB so bad when we were not that good this year. I guess no one wants to win a SB.  A team is nothing without a QB. Ballard can preach all he wants that he doesn’t want to be about one guy but every team needs a good QB. A team can’t function without one. There are about to be even more young studs in the AFC this year. We need to be able to compete with all these young QB.

Nobody's arguing about the importance of a good QB.  What people differ on is the label being put on these prospects.  Some believe they are franchise-worthy whereas others do not.  THAT is the argument.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This poll is a lot closer than I thought, only 40-34 in Love's favor. I did vote yes but I can see why some would say no as well. I voted yes based on we do not trade for Carr is why I did. If we trade for Carr it would've been a no.

All things being equal, I'd take Carr over Love.  Is Carr dynamic?  No.  He's very solid and you know what you're getting.  Love could be very dynamic or he could be a bust.  There's a lot of margin for error with him.  If I'm taking a big risk, I'm taking the guy who I know what I'm getting.  Continue to build the team around him (maybe get his former #1 WR back in FA???) and he can help you for at least 7-8 more years.  He's only 28 and I think a lot of people don't realize that.  He faded in Oakland after they traded some very good players away and I think he was never Gruden's QB that he wanted, he was just there when he got there.  Give Carr a fresh start, some good pieces to work with, and some fresh coaching from QB gurus on this team and I think he can revert to that MVP-caliber form we saw a few years ago before the Colts ended his season.

6 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

All things being equal, I'd take Carr over Love.  Is Carr dynamic?  No.  He's very solid and you know what you're getting.  Love could be very dynamic or he could be a bust.  There's a lot of margin for error with him.  If I'm taking a big risk, I'm taking the guy who I know what I'm getting.  Continue to build the team around him (maybe get his former #1 WR back in FA???) and he can help you for at least 7-8 more years.  He's only 28 and I think a lot of people don't realize that.  He faded in Oakland after they traded some very good players away and I think he was never Gruden's QB that he wanted, he was just there when he got there.  Give Carr a fresh start, some good pieces to work with, and some fresh coaching from QB gurus on this team and I think he can revert to that MVP-caliber form we saw a few years ago before the Colts ended his season.

Yeah I think Carr is definitely above average on my scale. Maybe with us he can even be good because of our O.Line. He will never be Andrew Luck who was very good if not great but he doesn't have to be IMO as long as Ballard puts a good team around him. To your point he is not even 30 yet either and we know what we are getting on a PRO level. Many people forget in 2016 that Carr was in the race for MVP. His W-L record is bad only because he has played on some crappy teams in Oakland. He threw for 4000 yards last season and had 21 TD's to only 8 INT's.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think Carr is definitely above average on my scale. Maybe with us he can even be good because of our O.Line. He will never be Andrew Luck who was very good if not great but he doesn't have to be IMO as long as Ballard puts a good team around him. To your point he is not even 30 yet either and we know what we are getting on a PRO level. Many people forget in 2016 that Carr was in the race for MVP. His W-L record is bad only because he has played on some crappy teams in Oakland. He threw for 4000 yards last season and had 21 TD's to only 8 INT's.

Spider 2/3 Y Banana...

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO, Luck did live up to his "generational" tag coming out of the draft. Carr's QBR last year was as good or better than 3 of Luck's 6 years. Not saying Carr is better, but Luck has been on better teams. I remember the 2016 game, when Carr outplayed Luck by a very large margin. They went up by a bunch, started playing safe, and we almost had an epic comeback (except for a few INTs from Luck).

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, Luck did live up to his "generational" tag coming out of the draft. Carr's QBR last year was as good or better than 3 of Luck's 6 years. Not saying Carr is better, but Luck has been on better teams. I remember the 2016 game, when Carr outplayed Luck by a very large margin. They went up by a bunch, started playing safe, and we almost had an epic comeback (except for a few INTs from Luck).

I am not sold on him being "generational" but at worse he was very good/borderline great. Since he's been drafted in 2012 out of all the other QB's that have been drafted since then I would say only Mahomes and Wilson have been better career wise. So that is only 2 guys. That does show how important Luck was to this team. However Luck never reached the Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Elway level or even Brees level for that matter.  

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sold on him being "generational" but at worse he was very good/borderline great. Since he's been drafted in 2012 out of all the other QB's that have been drafted since then I would say only Mahomes and Wilson have been better career wise. So that is only 2 guys. That does show how important Luck was to this team. However Luck never reached the Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Elway level or even Brees level for that matter.  

He never reached the elite level, that's for sure. I agree very good ish. I also think he landed in a better position than most though. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

He never reached the elite level, that's for sure. I agree very good ish. I also think he landed in a better position than most though. 

I often wonder what Luck's career would've been like had he played for Seahawks instead of here. They had a great run game and a great defense waiting for Wilson. We were in serious rebuild mode, Luck having Wayne still at the tail end of his prime did help.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, WarGhost21 said:

That is exactly what an outlier is. When most teams and draftnicks rate a guy that low, he’s drafted that highly, and then performs that well, that is an outlier. For every Mahomes you find like that, there are dozens of other QBs that are rated similarly that are overdrafted and bust. Personally, I don’t think JB is the answer, but neither is Love IMO. We need to complete the rest of the team with this draft and then next year bring in our QB in a much better year for the positions. The forum overall has convinced itself that the QBs this year are good because everyone doesn’t want JB back, but in all honesty it’s a mediocre class at the very best. Pick 13 on a mediocre QB when much better options are available is a mistake, no matter how high the value of QBs is. 

You can't  assume  next years qbs will be better.  They could  be worse. We need to get our QB now and complete the team next year

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I often wonder what Luck's career would've been like had he played for Seahawks instead of here. They had a great run game and a great defense waiting for Wilson. We were in serious rebuild mode, Luck having Wayne still at the tail end of his prime did help.

To be honest, I loved Luck and glad we got him, but I never thought he'd come close to Manning. I watched him pretty closely in college because they're a ND rival. He was very polished and talented, but didn't have the "it" factor for me.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

To be honest, I loved Luck and glad we got him, but I never thought he'd come close to Manning. I watched him pretty closely in college because they're a ND rival. He was very polished and talented, but didn't have the "it" factor for me.

I never thought he would be as great as Manning either but Manning is arguably the GOAT. I did think he would play 10 years or so and win us at least 1 SB.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never thought he would be as great as Manning either but Manning is arguably the GOAT. I did think he would play 10 years or so and win us at least 1 SB.

I wish we would have ridden it out with Manning. Then we could have tanked in 2016 and taken Mahomes in 17 :Nuke::explode:

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

You can't  assume  next years qbs will be better.  They could  be worse. We need to get our QB now and complete the team next year

I have been scouting on the side for 5 years now. Trust me, next years class is better, and it isn’t really a competition. There are two players in next years class I would take without question over Burrow, and another two I would take right after Burrow but before Tua and Herbert. The class is really good

7 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I have been scouting on the side for 5 years now. Trust me, next years class is better, and it isn’t really a competition. There are two players in next years class I would take without question over Burrow, and another two I would take right after Burrow but before Tua and Herbert. The class is really good

Who are the players past Fields and Lawrence? Trey Lance? 

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

I personally have Kellen Mond and Jamie Newman up there

I firmly disagree with the inclusion of Kellen Mond on that list. He's nowhere close to the prospect Herbert or Love are IMO. I might have to eat my words next year(we've seen much bigger jumps than this one), but I doubt he goes earlier than day 3. 

Check out Trey Lance, though... there is buzz around him being potential top 10 pick next year. 

Jamie Newman is interesting and very talented but I'm a bit worried about his prospects in that Georgia offense. It's an antiquated, old style run-based offense that IMO won't emphasize his strengths. I really hope they make some changes with it... 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I firmly disagree with the inclusion of Kellen Mond on that list. He's nowhere close to the prospect Herbert or Love are IMO. I might have to eat my words next year(we've seen much bigger jumps than this one), but I doubt he goes earlier than day 3. 

Check out Trey Lance, though... there is buzz around him being potential top 10 pick next year. 

Jamie Newman is interesting and very talented but I'm a bit worried about his prospects in that Georgia offense. It's an antiquated, old style run-based offense that IMO won't emphasize his strengths. I really hope they make some changes with it... 

Mond, at this stage, I agree. He isn’t that great. But, based on my projection for next season, I could see him shooting up the boards. I think he will be the Baker Mayfield/Joe Burrow of the class (a guy that nobody knows and comes out to dominate and gets drafted early). 

I really like Newman, his skill set is very very interesting. I personally think his move to Georgia will help his stock, as they have put out some good passers in recent years and his talent is among the best of those players. 

As for Lance, I haven’t heard much about him. I’ll have to go do some more research on him, but from what you say I hope I come away impressed

Archived