Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GM's End of Season Press Conference

Dingus McGirt

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Summing it up, in advance.

"We love Jacoby Brissett.  He's a great leader in the locker room, and a great human being.  He's our starting quarterback going forward."

This works just fine to the point where you just can't pass up on a guy on your draft board. Here is hoping anyway.

4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Everyone keeps saying Irsay better get used to empty seats.  If Jacoby shows even a slight improvement, Chase shows a slight improvement in the kicking game( which he already has), then the Colts will probably go 10-6 and make the playoffs.  People will show for a playoff team

some of the games we won could have easily gone the other way too.  it would take a lot going right to make the playoffs with the third or 4th best qb in the division 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

"We love Jacoby Brissett.  He's a great leader in the locker room, and a great human being.  He's our starting quarterback going forward."

Or, he should just say... " gotta keep choppin' wood"

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Everyone keeps saying Irsay better get used to empty seats.  If Jacoby shows even a slight improvement, Chase shows a slight improvement in the kicking game( which he already has), then the Colts will probably go 10-6 and make the playoffs.  People will show for a playoff team

You are overly optimistic ... they may stop the bleeding on season ticket holders, but they won't be picking up many either.  Single game sales will be down as well. I usually go to ~3 games a year; I might go to 1 if JB is QB and I have talked to others of thinking similarly. 

• Like 1

Just now, esmort said:

You are overly optimistic ... they may stop the bleeding on season ticket holders, but they won't be picking up many either.  Single game sales will be down as well. I usually go to ~3 games a year; I might go to 1 if JB is QB and I have talked to others of thinking similarly. 

I understand.  I live and Tennessee and i have seen first hand that people stopped believing in Mariota and stopped going to the games.  But in the end JB is still the best, realistic option next year, if you want to compete.  No rookie will come in and do any better, espeically if JB can improve. 

Everyone keeps saying prepare for JB being the starter.  The reason is that he is the best option for next year.  Now that doesn't mean that they don't draft a QB, but that QB won't be the best option for next year.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I understand.  I live and Tennessee and i have seen first hand that people stopped believing in Mariota and stopped going to the games.  But in the end JB is still the best, realistic option next year, if you want to compete.  No rookie will come in and do any better, espeically if JB can improve. 

Everyone keeps saying prepare for JB being the starter.  The reason is that he is the best option for next year.  Now that doesn't mean that they don't draft a QB, but that QB won't be the best option for next year.

If Brissett is the starting QB for 2020, Ballard should be fired. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

the schedule isnt gonna be weak as hell every year like it was this year. also the division is gonna get better Tennessee already is improving alot the Texans could get even better with an improved O line 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He said as of right now Brissett but they are not going to stick with him no matter what.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CamMo said:

With these comments about the defense, I'm thinking Malik is going to meet his replacement soon.

Our free safety is the guy getting beat off the line of scrimmage as described?

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

hooker wasnt bad he just wasnt special either.  i think people are turning against him due to where he was drafted

doubt we would be talking about him if he was a late pick

not even a late pick, heck round 2.. top 15 though.. I don't deny that critique, but this notion that he's bad is just ... nope.

• Like 4

Just now, The Fish said:

Our free safety is the guy getting beat off the line of scrimmage as described?

No idea where you are in the stream, mine isn't live. But he just finished talking about Willis and Hooker in mine.

52 minutes ago, esmort said:

This is me too. I renewed Tuesday night. The main reason I almost didn't renew was thinking how hard it will be to sell the other games if JB is the QB, and the team opens the season playing the same way it did the last 10 games of 2019.

The deciding factor on renewing was with the home opponents. Packers, Vikings, Ravens, Bengals. Jets, Titans, will all have lots of fans at LOS, so those tickets have a good shot at selling. That means I likely go to Jaguars and Texans.

Also, the CBA is expiring after 2020 season, and there is no way I renew and hand over my money for them to "hold onto" if there is a chance of a lockout of strike.

• Like 1