Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Biggest dissapointment today...

TimetobringDfence!

The biggest disappointment is the entire team this entire season. They suck! They lost to the Dolphins! They remind me of the Redskins. They are getting really good at losing...just like the Redskins. They are embarrassing to watch....just like the Redskins! Poor season ticket holding fans. You got hosed just like the Redskins ticket holders! I’d say well maybe next year.......but I said that last year. What an embarrassment!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The biggest disappointment was that Eberflus couldn't adjust to the Bucs losing their best receiver and we still gave up like... 400 yards in the air and close to 40 points. The secondary looking confused and not on the same page for the full game was incredibly frustrating too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

The biggest disappointment was that Eberflus couldn't adjust to the Bucs losing their best receiver and we still gave up like... 400 yards in the air and close to 40 points. The secondary looking confused and not on the same page for the full game was incredibly frustrating too. 

That’s mostly on the safeties and they have been that way for a month.  Some of that is to be expected with Willis being a rookie but I am not seeing why people are so high on Hooker.  I see a guy who constantly takes bad angles and is out of position on deep passes which is what he supposed to protect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s mostly on the safeties and they have been that way for a month.  Some of that is to be expected with Willis being a rookie but I am not seeing why people are so high on Hooker.  I see a guy who constantly takes bad angles and is out of position on deep passes which is what he supposed to protect.

Hooker has played pretty well this year from what I've seen. The problem is that safeties(especially free) are incredibly hard to evaluate because they are not really in the frame a lot of the time and only get seen when they take a bad angle or whiff on a coverage. They don't get seen for the other 40 snaps where they do their job and make the QB not throw into their coverage. 

For whatever it's worth, this game was especially bad and there were multiple plays where Hooker indeed seemed out of position or took bad angles, etc. I don't think this was a good game for him. 

The OL did fine. TB is the 2nd best rushing D, so anyone that expected us to be able to run all over the place either didn't know TB, or simply has unrealistic expectations....

Posted the below in another thread... But below are the two reasons we lost today.

1) D play calling was horrible. Everyone knows Winston can pick soft zones apart, especially when he steps outside of the pocket. We should have seen more man today. And why we didn't blitz more vs a QB that has been sacked almost the most in the NFL is beyond me. 2nd half adjustments sucked. He was without his staring RG, and his LT went out during the game. And we only get ONE sack?

2) Our passing game was up and down and didn't do anything when it mattered late. Sorry, but we need more than two TDs in the air when:

a) you're playing the 2nd worst passing D in the league

b) you playing the 2 best rushing D

c) you're playing a team who is top 5 in both points and passing

And again, plenty of open guys missed, and several bad passes in key moments. The throw behind Doyle near the end, and the "front" shoulder pass to Pascal late were awful. Same sheet, different game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Hooker has played pretty well this year from what I've seen. The problem is that safeties(especially free) are incredibly hard to evaluate because they are not really in the frame a lot of the time and only get seen when they take a bad angle or whiff on a coverage. They don't get seen for the other 40 snaps where they do their job and make the QB not throw into their coverage. 

For whatever it's worth, this game was especially bad and there were multiple plays where Hooker indeed seemed out of position or took bad angles, etc. I don't think this was a good game for him. 

Maybe that’s it it but I’ve seen a lot of bad from Hooker and little good.  Maybe he’s just doing his job and like a good olineman you don’t normally notice it unless they do something wrong.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The loss today is on the coaches. You have to make adjustments when your secondary is getting beat so badly. 

I’m not sure I can stomach watching us play the Saints... I have a feeling it’s going to be a 2011 style 63-3 type of national embarrassment. 

Bucs are more explosive then the saints.

Defense was the biggest disapointment.

As good as this defense hasn’t been this year they have not been able to step up when we have the lead.

Reich continues to coach not to lose in the 4th quarter. That Campbell screen pass was dumb. 

• Like 1

I agree the soft zone was weak and not working but dont believe the players we had available today were capable of playing man against their recievers. I know they have a good run D, but with our Oline we should be able to man up and get the job done. I feel like the run blocking was the worst of the season and Jacoby was under more pressure than normal. Brissett played well considering circumstances but he aint ever gonna be a shoot out QB period.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Maybe that’s it it but I’ve seen a lot of bad from Hooker and little good.  Maybe he’s just doing his job and like a good olineman you don’t normally notice it unless they do something wrong.

For whatever it's worth(no idea if you value PFF, but at least they have a system of evaluation and actually watch every player on every snap), PFF has him rated 80.9(before this game)... This is a top 10-15 safety in the league.  

1 minute ago, stitches said:

For whatever it's worth(no idea if you value PFF, but at least they have a system of evaluation and actually watch every player on every snap), PFF has him rated 80.9(before this game)... This is a top 10-15 safety in the league.  

Like I said maybe he’s doing better than I give him credit for, I’ll freely admit I am not a football coach or a scout.  I am just a fan and I am just telling you what I have seen.  Like I also said, maybe it’s like being a good olineman that most of the time people don’t notice you unless you do something wrong.  I am just saying, especially over the last three weeks, it’s happened a lot.  Maybe it’s really Willis making mistakes and Hooker is trying to cover for him but for some reason the safeties are not on the same page and it’s killing them.

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The loss today is on the coaches. You have to make adjustments when your secondary is getting beat so badly. 

I’m not sure I can stomach watching us play the Saints... I have a feeling it’s going to be a 2011 style 63-3 type of national embarrassment. 

What do u expect the coaches to do when the talent isn't there? 

• Like 1

Here's another disappointment for me not only this game but this whole season - our absolute and utter inability to involve Campbell in the offense. This is the last time I get fooled by a gadget guy from college. If you take ~100% of your snaps on gadget plays or slot plays, there probably is a reason for it. Namely - you cannot win regular WR reps, which he seems to not be able to do now in the league too. It's so frustrating watching Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Micole Hardman, DK Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, Terry McLaurin(OMG McLAURIN!!!), etc all produce for their teams and we have undrafted guys and people off the streets play better than our second round pick. 

:wall:

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like I said maybe he’s doing better than I give him credit for, I’ll freely admit I am not a football coach or a scout.  I am just a fan and I am just telling you what I have seen.  Like I also said, maybe it’s like being a good olineman that most of the time people don’t notice you unless you do something wrong.  I am just saying, especially over the last three weeks, it’s happened a lot.  Maybe it’s really Willis making mistakes and Hooker is trying to cover for him but for some reason the safeties are not on the same page and it’s killing them.

There definitely has been some miscommunications on the secondary, not just the safeties but the corners too. I haven't watched all-22 for Hooker specifically either so my impressions are based on similar film viewing to what you see, so take it with a grain of salt. 

9 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree the soft zone was weak and not working but dont believe the players we had available today were capable of playing man against their recievers. I know they have a good run D, but with our Oline we should be able to man up and get the job done. I feel like the run blocking was the worst of the season and Jacoby was under more pressure than normal. Brissett played well considering circumstances but he aint ever gonna be a shoot out QB period.

My biggest disappointment of the season by far is the O line.  They  fire the guy who then  goes to the Dolphins. Mudd stays for a bit then leaves. This O line is not the same and that is so frustrating as a ton of assets have been devoted to the O line. I truly believe that is why they have not been able to close out games.  They cannot run the ball when they had to.  I never was a fan of Mudd and his philosophy.  How many times in the Indy/Manning years did they go up against a 3-4 team and get totally outclassed because they failed to pick up the blitz? Sound familiar??

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's another disappointment for me not only this game but this whole season - our absolute and utter inability to involve Campbell in the offense. This is the last time I get fooled by a gadget guy from college. If you take ~100% of your snaps on gadget plays or slot plays, there probably is a reason for it. Namely - you cannot win regular WR reps, which he seems to not be able to do now in the league too. It's so frustrating watching Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Micole Hardman, DK Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, etc all produce for their teams and we have undrafted guys and people off the streets play better than our second round pick. 

:wall:

I really wanted them to take AJ Brown over Rock in the draft.  With that said Rock looks to be developing but man so far Campbell has given them nothing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Im not bothering to watching that embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I really wanted them to take AJ Brown over Rock in the draft.  With that said Rock looks to be developing but man so far Campbell has given them nothing.

I loved Campbell. I thought he could be special. I thought we got a steal in him. Now... I'm not closing the door to him being a good receiver... he's been injured and he's a rookie in an offense without consistent passing game so hopefully he has better year next year, but the early signs are not great. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I loved Campbell. I thought he could be special. I thought we got a steal in him. Now... I'm not closing the door to him being a good receiver... he's been injured and he's a rookie in an offense without consistent passing game so hopefully he has better year next year, but the early signs are not great. 

Yeah I feel Campbell has been an incomplete if you were to grade him this year.  He’s been hurt too much to really grade him fairly.

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What do u expect the coaches to do when the talent isn't there? 

I know our talent pool is drained at this point, but we should have taken risks in 4th. More blitzes, press coverage. Sure the chances of getting burned were high, but the zone was already getting shredded anyway... We used to have toughness on defense just a month or so ago.

Interesting game in some respects. I didnt pick us to win but

it was a little closer than I thought it would be.  This game

is a great representation of how different offenses win or loose.

Some on here think having a great game manager that makes no

mistakes is the best way to win. Others say you need a QB who

will put the team on their back and throw open receivers even

if it means turning the ball over. The end result is quick hitting 

plays is demoralizing to the other team.  Chunk plays are not 

scaring anyone especially if you have a high flying offense on

the other side of the ball.  I really believe Frank burned his playbook

he had for Luck and now is just dink and dunk city. Its truly baffling.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Saints really need that game for certain advantages I think...i could be wrong on that.  

• Like 1

I think the pass D was the biggest disappointment today but my real issue is that we currently seem to be one of those teams that just find a way to lose and it's not just one area of that team that's culpable. It's a difficult rut to get out of.

On offense, everything should go through the O-line but we didn't seem to be confident enough to at least be balanced. I know that Tampa are supposedly much better against the rush that they are against the pass but shouldn't we be trying to inforce our identity on them? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lets just have fun the lasts three games. This was a fun game. Steelers are winning so we weren’t getting a wild card anyway.

I have fun watching the Colts every game. We win some, not others, but they are my team. Loved the long pass by Jacoby today. It made me smile. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Yes, it seems like whoever plays safety with Hooker is confused, while Hooker is out there making play after play.

:nose:

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Who in the secondary is any good?