Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Williams promoted to 53

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Finally, been waiting for his call up for months. Like i posted on another thread so ironic it took his college teammate and understudy Chester Rogers injury for him to finally get his break. High draft pick just 2 seasons ago for Arizona has size,strong hands,speed,athleticism. Routes needed some upgrading

9 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Finally, been waiting for his call up for months. Like i posted on another thread so ironic it took his college teammate and understudy Chester Rogers injury for him to finally get his break. High draft pick just 2 seasons ago for Arizona has size,strong hands,speed,athleticism. Routes needed some upgrading

Couldn't be much worst than Rogers I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I would've guessed Deon Cain would've got the promotion.  I wonder if his knee is still an issue or what's going on there.

He was snagged off the practice squad by the Steelers. He still has one game to go. We will see if they decide to keep him or waive him. They should be getting healthy.

Pittsburgh isnt letting Cain go anywhere,Johnny Holton has 1 catch on 13 targets for them so Cain is leaping him to be 3/4 behind Washington, Johnson and then Juju (When Juju returns likely week 15). Cain is 2/2 for 40 yards and also drawn a long P.I. for them (He drwe them often in college and also drew a couple for us as well).

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

will will still have JB throwing him the ball so likely failure out of the gate. All these traits sound just like Cain though really. Let’s hope something clicks here. 

37 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Can we all just stop taking Low Blows on Brissett.  The best thing I have heard so far via twitter was that when we were winning it was in spite of Brissett and when we are losing it is because of Brissett.  Just let the man finish this season and then evaluate.

Are they really low blows, or maybe unfortunate truths ... if you are a WR from the PS finally getting your shot they have to be thinking that JB is probably not going to give them the best shot at a good audition.  Not like they don't see the other receivers stats and struggles this year and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a little complaining in the receivers room.

1 hour ago, esmort said:

Are they really low blows, or maybe unfortunate truths ... if you are a WR from the PS finally getting your shot they have to be thinking that JB is probably not going to give them the best shot at a good audition.  Not like they don't see the other receivers stats and struggles this year and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a little complaining in the receivers room.

It's a moor point this year. Hoyer throws to the other team and kelly will never get playtime unless Brissett  and Hoyer go down due to stubborn  coaching staff

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stephen said:

It's a moor point this year. Hoyer throws to the other team and kelly will never get playtime unless Brissett  and Hoyer go down due to stubborn  coaching staff

I think it would be a big mistake by Reich/Ballard if we are eliminated from playoff contention and Kelly doesn't get some playing time so that we can accurately assess what we have going into the off season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, esmort said:

I think it would be a big mistake by Reich/Ballard if we are eliminated from playoff contention and Kelly doesn't get some playing time so that we can accurately assess what we have going into the off season. 

The only playing time Kelly may get is next years training camp and or pre season.

Brissett will finish out starting this season and next season. 

Ballard more than likely will draft a QB this next draft.

I could be wrong but the odds are not swinging that way.

6 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Can we all just stop taking Low Blows on Brissett.  The best thing I have heard so far via twitter was that when we were winning it was in spite of Brissett and when we are losing it is because of Brissett.  Just let the man finish this season and then evaluate.

To be fair, he's played adequate to poorly in most games.  There have been a handful where he has played really well.  So, the criticism isn't really unwarranted in the midst of a 1-4 slide.  When teams lose, fans critique.  There's no reason to expect them not to, especially when there's a basis in reality for the claims.

53 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The only playing time Kelly may get is next years training camp and or pre season.

Brissett will finish out starting this season and next season. 

Ballard more than likely will draft a QB this next draft.

I could be wrong but the odds are not swinging that way.

It may happen that Kelly gets no playing time this season ... if he doesn't (after we are eliminated) I will begin to question Reich/Ballards judgement.  What do they have to lose by starting Kelly to see how he plays in real games once we are out of playoff contention?  If he falls on his face ... fine ... cut him, at least we will know what we have. I just really don't see the downside to letting him play in a couple games at the end of the season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, esmort said:

Big Mistake is coming up.... Wait and see. They will not pull Jacoby:angry:

Goodness stop with Chad Kelly stuff.  He is not the answer either.  Our franchise QB is not on the roster. Colts will be in NFL purgatory for years bc Luck retired.  The team was built to compete with him leading the way.  By the time a QB is drafted and developed the OL will have aged and we will be in the same boat.  It just didn’t work out for the Colts timing wise.  We enjoyed 15 good to great years but we won’t compete for SBs anytime soon 

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

I’m sure thats the reason.

it has nothing to do with lack of experience and potential legal problems.

They have known about the legal problems before they signed him and he was already suspended  by the league  for that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, esmort said:

It may happen that Kelly gets no playing time this season ... if he doesn't (after we are eliminated) I will begin to question Reich/Ballards judgement.  What do they have to lose by starting Kelly to see how he plays in real games once we are out of playoff contention?  If he falls on his face ... fine ... cut him, at least we will know what we have. I just really don't see the downside to letting him play in a couple games at the end of the season.

If we are out of playoff contention we would have some options:

1) Continue with JB, who is the starting QB on this team and looked upon as a leader, and provide him with more playing time to learn and develop in a real-game setting. Get him ready for next year.

-or-

2) Give the 3rd string QB a chance to play.

I wouldn't question Reich or Ballard if they went with option #1 for now, but truly evaluated JB vs. Kelly during the off season and preseason next year, if they felt Kelly could be a legitimate NFL QB (more than just talent, has to be the face of a franchise type of guy).