Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Steelers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

He was being held still by 2-3 Colts players and then got blasted. If that was Doyle or Ebron...we would have wanted a flag there as well.

It was just a poor and unnecessary play to make.

Ehhhh he didn't really blast him, and the ref doesn't whistle until #53 has already started the tackle. What is meant to do? Stop mid air? 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

that totally believable he is way too conservative imo

That's always been his motto. Luck/Farve threw INT's just like that bc they play off instincts more than anything. 

Hoyer was feeling great, wanted to get his second TD, and made a dumb mistake. 

i want Brissett back in there, but it's not like we are doomed without him for the rest of the GAME. 

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

He was being held still by 2-3 Colts players and then got blasted. If that was Doyle or Ebron...we would have wanted a flag there as well.

It was just a poor and unnecessary play to make.

If you call that getting blasted then I don’t think you’ve ever played a contact sport haha

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

The throws Hoyer makes have better timing on them than Brissets throws. His reads are better although he didnt put enough velocity on the ball during that int,

The key will be can he sustain it.  Often times backup QBs come in and look really good and then as time goes on and other teams start to prepare for them they show you why they are backups.

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Ehhhh he didn't really blast him, and the ref doesn't whistle until #53 has already started the tackle. What is meant to do? Stop mid air? 

Yeah...but I think there's context...it's the end of the half...and they have basically ended the half by throwing a dump off short to a slow TE at midfield...whose momentum has basically stopped. 

Colts got the benefit of that with the Watson TD...and now get the other end. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The key will be can he sustain it.  Often times backup QBs come in and look really good and then as time goes on and other teams start to prepare for them they show you why they are backups.

Hopefully he won't have to sustain it passed this week 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He led with his helmet.    

Receiver was still churning legs. Leonard was leading with the shoulder. Incidental contact to the helmet in my opinion. But the leagues gonna make an example right? A love tap hit and they’ll come down hard. RBs getting they’re heads rocked off... nothing

• Like 1

Just now, shastamasta said:

Yeah...but I think there's context...it's the end of the half...and they have basically ended the half by throwing a dump off short to a slow TE at midfield...whose momentum has basically stopped. 

Colts got the benefit of that with the Watson TD...and now get the other end. 

Don't disagree that it wasn't perhaps needed, he just got unlucky that the 3rd tackler pulls him down into his path to make it look worse than it really was. Tacky call, but hey ho, don't give the refs chance to throw the flag and all that. They should have blown forward progress well before.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Don't disagree that it wasn't perhaps needed, he just got unlucky that the 3rd tackler pulls him down into his path to make it look worse than it really was. Tacky call, but hey ho, don't give the refs chance to throw the flag and all that. They should have blown forward progress well before.

they threw the steelers a bone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Im really just speaking on what i see right now.  im all for jacoby coming back but id like to see him improve on what i pointed out.

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Receiver was still churning legs. Leonard was leading with the shoulder. Incidental contact to the helmet in my opinion. But the leagues gonna make an example right? A love tap hit and they’ll come down hard. RBs getting they’re heads rocked off... nothing

That call was trash.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Im really just speaking on what i see right now.  im all for jacoby coming back but id like to see him improve on what i pointed out.

Brissett doesn't throw that pick six. I'm not so sure he throws the td to doyle either. Being that the steelers are number 2 in takeaways we need to protect the ball if we want to win

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Yep. Receiver still moving and churning his legs. Incidental contact. But hardly “blasted” like you so dramatically tried to make it seem for some reason

You might want to rewatch the play... Leonard made helmet contact as McDonald was falling backwards.  Incidental or not that's going to be a penalty period.  Leonard should have been better