Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Top 5 Graded Colts Week 1

DaveA1102

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Turay was the highest rated edge rusher in week one. He is ready to break out. He might end up with double digit sacks.

Turay was PFFs highest rated player in the league. Mack #2 RB.

Brissett was #10 QB with 78.6

TY #9 WR 84.7

Nelson #6 OG. Glow #8

Ant #9 OT

Hooker #7 Safety

Houston 16 EDGE 78.9

Leonard #55 LB 51.7. Seems fair, he looked rough.

• Like 5

It looks like the 2 premier UFA DT's next year are Michael Brockers and Ndamukong Suh.  The 2 premier DE's are Derek Wolfe and Ezekiel Ansah.  I guess Dante Fowler too.  Probably don't want Suh, but I wouldn't mind any of the others even though they are a little older.  Not sure if there are very many quality NT's in the draft this year that would fit Ballard's vision of a NT for this defense.  I may be wrong so please fact check me :)

3 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Turay was PFFs highest rated player in the league. Mack #2 RB.

Brissett was #10 QB with 78.6

TY #9 WR 84.7

Nelson #6 OG. Glow #8

Ant #9 OT

Hooker #7 Safety

Houston 16 EDGE 78.9

Leonard #55 LB 51.7. Seems fair, he looked rough.

That failed strip-tackle was just ugly.  That was his bread and butter last year forcing fumbles.  I'll chalk it up to 1st game "rough"ness like you suggest.  I don't expect to see that bad a tackle from him again this year.  Thought Walker had a far better game than Leonard.

2 hours ago, bigt said:

It looks like the 2 premier UFA DT's next year are Michael Brockers and Ndamukong Suh.  The 2 premier DE's are Derek Wolfe and Ezekiel Ansah.  I guess Dante Fowler too.  Probably don't want Suh, but I wouldn't mind any of the others even though they are a little older.  Not sure if there are very many quality NT's in the draft this year that would fit Ballard's vision of a NT for this defense.  I may be wrong so please fact check me :)

Are you basing this after the first weeks grades???

2 hours ago, bigt said:

I think Raekwon Davis, Alabama, could play NT on this Defense. Of course, he will be in next year's draft

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Really hope so. We are a dominate pass rusher and NT away from being an elite defense once our rookies mature. 

For a team that was really good in run D last year, you're obsessed with NT. Especially for someone that admits to not actually watching games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bigt said:

Auburn actually has 2 great interior DLineman that will have 1st round grades in 2020. Derrick Brown would've went in the Top 10 this year but went back to school, he's a lock for the Top 6-7 picks in 2020, his teammate Nick Coe is nasty too. Coe will probably be an early Day 2 pick. 

7 hours ago, wig said:

For a team that was really good in run D last year, you're obsessed with NT. Especially for someone that admits to not actually watching games. 

I have to watch the games after they happen on game pass. And this defense has shown it can be pushed around at DT on occasion. 

I've been saying all offseason this is Turay's breakout year. I watched him closely during preseason ball and the man is much better than he was last year... and I thought he played really well at times then. 

Double digit sacks after starting with one and a couple qb hits in week 1 is in order... I can't help but think he won't benefit from Houston and a young defensive line that keeps getting better with experience. 

This team might not make the playoffs this year, but they are going to be fun to watch... and we are going to see some young guys grow into studs that will make us a top 5 contender going into next season. Book it. 

19 hours ago, bigt said:

Lorenzo Neal Jr - Purdue