Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck’s Newspaper Ad

mad dog curtis

A disappointment is he win a Super Bowl Championship with the Colts.

The story may not be over, I still say there is a 50% chance he returns next year and if not, a 75% chance he returns in 2 years.  Once he feels better, gets bored, and his competitive juices tells him to return or he will always think for the rest of his life, what if I returned, while still in his prime? 

4 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

The worst part about your generation isn't that they are quitters, it's that they think if they do anything they are an expert on success and need praise for everything they do.

Why do people act like there's a difference in generations?

Every generation has its share of hard-working folks, lazy folks, entitled folks, humble folks, respectable folks, disrespectful folks, etc...

The only real difference is the changing times.  The first generation to drive automobiles.  The first generation to watch television in their homes.  The first generation to use computers.  The first generation to use the internet.  The first generation to use smartphones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Why do people act like there's a difference in generations?

Every generation has its share of hard-working folks, lazy folks, entitled folks, humble folks, respectable folks, disrespectful folks, etc...

The only real difference is the changing times.  The first generation to drive automobiles.  The first generation to watch television in their homes.  The first generation to use computers.  The first generation to use the internet.  The first generation to use smartphones.

If you dont think there is a difference in generations, I dont know what to say to you. There is absolutely a difference.

Just now, GoatBeard said:

If you dont think there is a difference in generations, I dont know what to say to you. There is absolutely a difference.

I don't.

I've met retired people more immature and glued to their smartphones than teenagers and humble teenagers with a better work ethic than most middle-aged people.  Just look at this forum.  There are admittedly older members who act more childish and entitled than the supposed "spoiled" millennial members. 

If you think there aren't the same types of people across all generations and demographics, you're wrong.  :dunno:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't.

I've met retired people more immature and glued to their smartphones than teenagers and humble teenagers with a better work ethic than most middle-aged people.  Just look at this forum.  There are admittedly older members who act more childish and entitled than the supposed "spoiled" millennial members. 

If you think there aren't the same types of people across all generations and demographics, you're wrong.  :dunno:

Yes you've met them, but it's not half the old people you meet lol

Ask anyone who does the hiring at a large company.

4 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Yes you've met them, but it's not half the old people you meet lol

Ask anyone who does the hiring at a large company.

In that context, we're not supposed to discriminate based on AGE, sex, race, religion, etc. right?  I'm just saying maybe don't make generalizations about an entire group of people based on when they were born.  :thmup:

It always seems like previous generations think the younger generations are "soft, spoiled, hippies", while the younger generations blame older generations for everything that's wrong in the world.  It's not fair to either.

I don't know how old you are, but you probably wouldn't appreciate someone making a negative generalization about everyone born around the same time as you.  :hat:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

In that context, we're not supposed to discriminate based on AGE, sex, race, religion, etc. right?  I'm just saying maybe don't make generalizations about an entire group of people based on when they were born.  :thmup:

It always seems like previous generations think the younger generations are "soft, spoiled, hippies", while the younger generations blame older generations for everything that's wrong in the world.  It's not fair to either.

I don't know how old you are, but you probably wouldn't appreciate someone making a negative generalization about everyone born around the same time as you.  :hat:

Actually they said the same thing about us. I just believed them and took it as constructive criticism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't.

That’s why stereotypes are dangerous they don’t apply to everyone.

8 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Andrew Luck was like a long-awaited comet. We had heard about it for years and he was finally going to arrive, and we were going to witness his brilliance.

But he arrived on a dark, cloudy, foggy eve. In between the cloud breaks, we got to see his brilliance. He shone brightly. He was amazing, awe inspiring, and everything the comet was touted to be.

But again the clouds.

More and more clouds and yet, we were still able to see glimpses in between. An undeniable spectacle.

Finally, the clouds lifted and the sky was still, but Andrew Luck had left, unable to shine brightly any longer.

Disappointment? Maybe, but  I blame the clouds.

Jimmy is that you?

Hold on... lemme put on some Floyd and light up a blunt... and then read that again. 

A99D71E1-CD8B-468F-A9B2-41D76933EB76.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

putting this here https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2851984-colts-gm-chris-ballard-bothered-by-andrew-luck-retirement-leak-source-unknown

kind of sucks how the media leaks something, then over blows the whole booing thing to make the fans and team look bad.  this could have gone over a lot better 

I was actually going to suggest boycotting Schefter.  Not sure if there is an option on here at least to ignore any references to him but I’d be all for it.  

He was just doing his job.  Sure.  That’s the excuse from other members of the media because that’s what they do too so of course they see it that way.  Not an excuse for me.  If your job is to do something crappy then get another job.  

I hate that it got leaked that way.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I was actually going to suggest boycotting Schefter.  Not sure if there is an option on here at least to ignore any references to him but I’d be all for it.  

He was just doing his job.  Sure.  That’s the excuse from other members of the media because that’s what they do too so of course they see it that way.  Not an excuse for me.  If your job is to do something crappy then get another job.  

I hate that it got leaked that way.  

The crappy part is the fact the team knew he was retiring. He told his teammates.    The front office should have scheduled the press conference before it could be leaked.    Impossible to keep that news in house when over a hundred people know it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

The crappy part is the fact the team knew he was retiring. He told his teammates.    The front office should have scheduled the press conference before it could be leaked.    Impossible to keep that news in house when over a hundred people know it

There can be more than one crappy part.  Some other bad thing happening doesn’t mitigate Schefter bad thing.  

From what I understand, he told the teammates after the game which was the plan. 

14 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

There can be more than one crappy part.  Some other bad thing happening doesn’t mitigate Schefter bad thing.  

From what I understand, he told the teammates after the game which was the plan. 

It was reported he told teammates on Friday. 

If it wasn't schefter, it would have been someone else.   I don't like it, but it is the world we live in.   

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would he only tell JB?  TY is his best friend.   I'm guessing he was told as well.   Also guessing those weren't the only 2 that were told.    The front office certainly knew.   

I think because jb was the qb to take over.  I heard it on a jmv podcast.   

We we can speculate on who was told.  I guess you and I don’t truly know.   I did google it and saw an article where Schefter claims luck told others but that is clearly self serving. 

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would he only tell JB?  TY is his best friend.   I'm guessing he was told as well.   Also guessing those weren't the only 2 that were told.    The front office certainly knew.   

The front office yes, I meant the only other player that was told was jb.  

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

Thanks.  I’m still not reading anything Schefter.  I think he’s a weasel.  It doesn’t change my original position. Screw him.  

Fair enough.   But if it wasn't him,   it would have been someone else.   The team dropped the ball

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Fair enough.   But if it wasn't him,   it would have been someone else.   The team dropped the ball

I get it that the team is at fault too but it bothers me how it came out.  And he let it out.  If someone else would have done it then I would be boycotting them instead of him.   

The excuse that someone else would have done something is no excuse at all.  

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I get it that the team is at fault too but it bothers me how it came out.  And he let it out.  If someone else would have done it then I would be boycotting them instead of him.   

The excuse that someone else would have done something is no excuse at all.  

We live in an era of 24 hour news.     It was going to come out.   I don't give two bowel movements about schefter.   But it was coming out.   Andrew and the front office botched it

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

We live in an era of 24 hour news.     It was going to come out.   I don't give two bowel movements about schefter.   But it was coming out.   Andrew and the front office botched it

It’s a different world true.  And that may be commonplace now but that doesn’t make it right. 

11 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That is nonsense the colts front office before Ballard is the disappointment for not building him a team that could challenge for titles instead they let a disgraceful o-line destroy him and a lackluster garbage defense define this team for most of his career. What the colts front office did to this man should be considered a crime somebody in there should be jailed for the fact that they ruined this man's career.

Yeah, Grigson was to me the most terrible GM imaginable and he still haunting this franchise.