Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck’s Newspaper Ad

mad dog curtis

13 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It always seems like previous generations think the younger generations are "soft, spoiled, hippies", while the younger generations blame older generations for everything that's wrong in the world.  It's not fair to either.

Agree.  Also, it's not helpful.

I was listening to a podcast about aging and they were saying that there is almost no connection between generations anymore.  People don't know how to interact and appreciate on another.

My dad would always complain about the younger generation lacking morals and drive.  And I would always ask him which of his dozens of grandchildren he was complaining about.

Truth is, they're all hardworking good people.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

putting this here https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2851984-colts-gm-chris-ballard-bothered-by-andrew-luck-retirement-leak-source-unknown

kind of sucks how the media leaks something, then over blows the whole booing thing to make the fans and team look bad.  this could have gone over a lot better 

Goodness gracious! 

The media didn't leak anything.    It's not the media's job to hold up news.   It's the media's job to REPORT the news.    And you can't seem to tell the difference.

Ballard isn't upset at the media!    He's upset at the person INSIDE the Colts who told Adam Shefter!     HELLO?!?      Who told Shefter the story?!?    THAT person IS the leaker!!     Not Shefter!    The Colts employee who told Shefter!   

As Shefter himself reported....      that day was a day off for him.    He was at a large family gathering.     He didn't even know the Colts played that day,  much less that they were playing at that moment.     He got a tip,  and he reported it.     Thats!     His!     JOB!!

Is this beginning to clear up for you yet?

The fans looked bad,  because they behaved badly.    If the timing sucked,  you can blame the Colts' employee who leaked it.     That's who Chris Ballard is blaming.

Goodness gracious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness gracious! 

The media didn't leak anything.    It's not the media's job to hold up news.   It's the media's job to REPORT the news.    And you can't seem to tell the difference.

Ballard isn't upset at the media!    He's upset at the person INSIDE the Colts who told Adam Shefter!     HELLO?!?      Who told Shefter the story?!?    THAT person IS the leaker!!     Not Shefter!    The Colts employee who told Shefter!   

As Shefter himself reported....      that day was a day off for him.    He was at a large family gathering.     He didn't even know the Colts played that day,  much less that they were playing at that moment.     He got a tip,  and he reported it.     Thats!     His!     JOB!!

The fans looked bad,  because they behaved badly.    If the timing sucked,  you can blame the Colts' employee who leaked it.     That's who Chris Ballard is blaming.

Goodness gracious.

fans would have booed anywhere under those circumstances, and it was the medias fault. then they tried to make those fans look bad.  is that beginning to clear up for you?

Shefter is the media ffs!  i couldnt care less if its his job, his job sucks!

i blame shefter and the media for the booing, figures you would try to defend them and take more shots at the fan base as usual.  im surprised you are even still here...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness gracious! 

Goodness gracious.

and what the hell do you expect the fans to do in that situation?  they sure were not going to cheer.  booing was inevitable with how the media posted this during the middle of a freaking game

most people didnt even boo either, that was overblown by the media and they made a story out of it to make our fans look bad

The reality is that professional football is not real life. People getting paid millions to play a game is not reality. We love football and live through our favorite teams and players. We like certain ones because of the qualities they display. We try to relate to them through our life experiences. I understand passion for players and teams as a fan, but in the end take pro sports for what they are... entertainment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

fans would have booed anywhere under those circumstances, and it was the medias fault. then they tried to make those fans look bad.  is that beginning to clear up for you?

Shefter is the media ffs!  i couldnt care less if its his job, his job sucks!

i blame shefter and the media for the booing, figures you would try to defend them and take more shots at the fan base as usual.  im surprised you are even still here...

Here's what this post says.....

You LITERALLY don't understand what the media's job and responsibility is.    Even worse,  Ballard explained who he is upset with,  and you misinterpreted it because you're * at the media.     Wrongly *,  but *.    So, you're looking to blame someone.

You have someone explain to you why you're wrong.  and you don't want to listen.

That's par for the course.    Opinion over facts.     Fortunately for you,  you never seem to get tired of being wrong......    and it happens all the time and you never seem to notice.

9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

and what the hell do you expect the fans to do in that situation?  they sure were not going to cheer.  booing was inevitable with how the media posted this during the middle of a freaking game

most people didnt even boo either, that was overblown by the media and they made a story out of it to make our fans look bad

You simply don't get it.    You're not going to get it.     Ever.    Words have not been invented yet to make you get it.     Because you don't want to get it.    You're angry and you're looing for someone to take your anger out on.    It's just the wrong person.

The media didn't invent the fans booing story.    It happened.    And players all over the NFL responded to it.    The media reported it.    That's their job.   No one is trying to mess with the Colts.

Poster @JVAN said it best....   yes, it looked bad because of the unfortunate timing of it all.    Had the Luck retirement unfolded the way it was planned,   it would not have happened the way it did.   No chance for the fans to boo.     And he's right.    It's unfortunate,  but no one was trying to make the Colts fans look bad.    They looked bad on their own.    You don't boo your franchise QB who has retired because he's tired of being pounded into dust.    You just don't.

It's unfortunate the way it all unfolded.    But the only person who did anything wrong is the Colts employee who leaked the story to Shefter.    That person is the bad guy.    Not Shefter.   Not anyone else in the media.    Just one person.    Who remains unknown as of now.....

Ballard is looking for that person,  and is disappointed he can't find 'em.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You simply don't get it.    You're not going to get it.     Ever.    Words have not been invented yet to make you get it.     Because you don't want to get it.    You're angry and you're looing for someone to take your anger out on.    It's just the wrong person.

The media didn't invent the fans booing story.    It happened.    And players all over the NFL responded to it.    The media reported it.    That's their job.   No one is trying to mess with the Colts.

Poster @JVAN said it best....   yes, it looked bad because of the unfortunate timing of it all.    Had the Luck retirement unfolded the way it was planned,   it would not have happened the way it did.   No chance for the fans to boo.     And he's right.    It's unfortunate,  but no one was trying to make the Colts fans look bad.    They looked bad on their own.    You don't boo your franchise QB who has retired because he's tired of being pounded into dust.    You just don't.

It's unfortunate the way it all unfolded.    But the only person who did anything wrong is the Colts employee who leaked the story to Shefter.    That person is the bad guy.    Not Shefter.   Not anyone else in the media.    Just one person.    Who remains unknown as of now.....

Completely agree.   Who ever leaked the story is to blame.   Unfortunately the entire team knew it.    So still,  the team is to blame.   They failed to get out in front of it.   They put Andrew in a terrible spot.   I rarely condemn the front office,  but they are to blame .  Andrew deserved the ability to Express himself before the public knew.   I don't blame schefter.   That's his job.   If he didn't break it,  someone else would have

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, GoatBeard said:

The worst part about your generation isn't that they are quitters, it's that they think if they do anything they are an expert on success and need praise for everything they do.

I wish your generation knew how to quit; smoking, polluting,  running up the debt, taking cheap education for themselves and then complaining about free loading,  etc

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

you always put yourself and the media on a pedestal and constantly  take shots at this fan base.  the media is terrible, doing their job does not make it right.  im taking it out on you, because well you are you.  

you keep saying its fine because its their job and thats a load of crap.  the media was doing their job when Diana died too.  Shefter is the one that leaked this to everyone and that screwed over Luck, the team and the fans.  of course  you blame our fans as always 

8 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I wish your generation knew how to quit; smoking, polluting,  running up the debt, taking cheap education for themselves and then complaining about free loading,  etc

Oh that is my generation doing all that? I didnt know.

I'm not even 40 yet. 

Get mad. Go ahead. Truth hurts.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here's what this post says.....

You LITERALLY don't understand what the media's job and responsibility is.    Even worse,  Ballard explained who he is upset with,  and you misinterpreted it because you're * at the media.     Wrongly *,  but *.    So, you're looking to blame someone.

You have someone explain to you why you're wrong.  and you don't want to listen.

That's par for the course.    Opinion over facts.     Fortunately for you,  you never seem to get tired of being wrong......    and it happens all the time and you never seem to notice.

i did not misinterpret ballads post either.  you know i can have my own separate opinion from ballard, and i certainly dont have just blindly accept everything the media does like you do lmao

On 9/2/2019 at 8:57 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I’d the media did their jobs, they would’ve interviewed a number of fans asking if they boo’d and why. 

They didnt. That’s just lazy reporting in an attempt to get clicks by vilifying a group of people that would generate drama. 

Adam  has enough clout that he didn’t have to report it when he did. He could’ve spoken with the front office and negotiated a deal that would’ve given the Colts a chance. In fact, good journalistic practices would dictate you confirm first before reporting, otherwise it’s just tabloid journalism.

Saying you’re just doing your job, while true, isn’t a shield from criticism (re lawyers).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’d the media did their jobs, they would’ve interviewed a number of fans asking if they boo’d and why. 

They didnt. That’s just lazy reporting in an attempt to get clicks by vilifying a group of people that would generate drama. 

Adam  has enough clout that he didn’t have to report it when he did. He could’ve spoken with the front office and negotiated a deal that would’ve given the Colts a chance. In fact, good journalistic practices would dictate you confirm first before reporting, otherwise it’s just tabloid journalism.

Saying you’re just doing your job, while true, isn’t a shield from criticism (re lawyers).

Sorry,  but you don't understand journalism.    Literally, you don't.

Shefter was not going to negotiate a deal.   When was that going to happen?   The 3rd quarter?   The 4th quarter?

His job is to report information.     He got the information on a day off.    He was at a large family gathering.     He didn't even know the Colts played that day,  much less that they were playing at that exact moment.      His main concern was to get that story FIRST.    He reported the story and went back to enjoying being with his family.

The fault is not with Shefter.    The fault is with the Colts employee who got the info and leaked it to Shefter.     That's the bad guy.     That's who Chris Ballard is mad at.    And he said so.   He'd like to find out who it was who made the leak.     But it's something easier said than done.

This isn't a media problem.     It's the problem of one Colts employee who blew it for everyone.

13 hours ago, aaron11 said:

you always put yourself and the media on a pedestal and constantly  take shots at this fan base.  the media is terrible, doing their job does not make it right.  im taking it out on you, because well you are you.  

you keep saying its fine because its their job and thats a load of crap.  the media was doing their job when Diana died too.  Shefter is the one that leaked this to everyone and that screwed over Luck, the team and the fans.  of course  you blame our fans as always 

If you keep saying Shefter "leaked" the news,  then each time you do that you're literally SCREAMING,  "I don't understand the media!    I don't understand Journalism!    But I like having an opinion."

Shefter didn't leak anything.    His job is to report information.    There is ONE PERSON who is a bad guy.     That's the unknown Colts employee who LEAKED the information to Shefter.    That's it.     One person.    And you have the wrong person.

Look,  you're entitled to whatever opinion you want.    I'm simply trying to explain how the media works.     If you don't want to listen,  that's up to you.   

15 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i did not misinterpret ballads post either.  you know i can have my own separate opinion from ballard, and i certainly dont have just blindly accept everything the media does like you do lmao

You just keep throwing stuff against the wall and try to see if anything sticks.    Good luck.

You're entitled to whatever opinion you want.    But you remain mad at the wrong person.

The fault was not with Adam Shefter.    The fault is with the Colts employee who leaked the news.   

Ballard knows it.    Most everyone involved in the story knows it.   Only some posters here,  including you,   who have no idea how the media is supposed to do it's job,  don't seem to know it.      You're wrong at the wrong person.

You just wont admit it.     You don't want to admit it.     That's just you being you.

16 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Shefter said he reached out the Colts and has said if they had asked him to delay it until after the game he would have but they never responded.

With that said, he is paid to break news when he gets it.  ESPN pays him because he has a reputation of getting these stories first and they want to be first.  If he didn’t go with this someone else would have and Shefter would have had to explain to his bosses why he sat on the biggest story of his career and I don’t think they would have been very happy about it.  Its completely unrealistic to expect him to put the Colts, Luck, or Colts fans concerns above his employers.  So no it’s not crap to say he was doing his job.  

He also didn’t leak this, he reported it.  There is a difference.  Again, he’s not paid to look out for the Colts, Luck, or Colts fans best interests and expecting him too is completely unrealistic.  

You don’t have to like it but faulting him for doing his job because it wasn’t what people wanted to hear comes across as scapegoating to me.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Shefter said he reached out the Colts and has said if they had asked him to delay it until after the game he would have but they never responded.

With that said, he is paid to break news when he gets it.  ESPN pays him because he has a reputation of getting these stories first and they want to be first.  If he didn’t go with this someone else would have and Shefter would have had to explain to his bosses why he sat on the biggest story of his career and I don’t think they would have been very happy about it.  Its completely unrealistic to expect him to put the Colts, Luck, or Colts fans concerns above his employers.  So no it’s not crap to say he was doing his job.  

He also didn’t leak this, he reported it.  There is a difference.  Again, he’s not paid to look out for the Colts, Luck, or Colts fans best interests and expecting him too is completely unrealistic.  

You don’t have to like it but faulting him for doing his job because it wasn’t what people wanted to hear comes across as scapegoating to me.  

Thanks very much.    I appreciate you trying.     You did an excellent job.   

Since you're a different messenger than I am,  perhaps your words will be taken more to heart than mine were....

Thanks again.....

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry,  but you don't understand journalism.    Literally, you don't.

Shefter was not going to negotiate a deal.   When was that going to happen?   The 3rd quarter?   The 4th quarter?

His job is to report information.     He got the information on a day off.    He was at a large family gathering.     He didn't even know the Colts played that day,  much less that they were playing at that exact moment.      His main concern was to get that story FIRST.    He reported the story and went back to enjoying being with his family.

The fault is not with Shefter.    The fault is with the Colts employee who got the info and leaked it to Shefter.     That's the bad guy.     That's who Chris Ballard is mad at.    And he said so.   He'd like to find out who it was who made the leak.     But it's something easier said than done.

This isn't a media problem.     It's the problem of one Colts employee who blew it for everyone.

So you’re not going to even respond to the part about journalists failing by not talking to colts fans about boo-gate? Just gonna throw some garbage out that I don’t understand journalism? Ok.

If what the other poster said was true about Adam reaching out to the colts and not getting a response then you’re right, Adam did his job. Doesn’t mean I like it. Tax collectors are just doing their job too. ESPN could’ve maneuvered and said we’ll let Luck address the fans at half time in return for an exclusive interview. These things happen often. They have these things called phones. Again, if the colts didn’t respond then ok, different story.

My over arching point, which you failed to address, is my beef that colts fans were sucker punched by this news, and then vilified by the media. Instead of the media approaching it that colts fans were hit out of no where and responded the way they did, understandably in my opinion, the media went out of their way to paint all fans as being jerks. They didn’t attempt to do their jobs and ask if they boo’d and why. They went with a click bait approach and smeared an entire group based on the actions of a comparable few.

I understand you’re a part of the media but the media ran a slanted piece unfairly against the colts. They goofed. Put your ego aside and call it both ways. 

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

being his job does not make this right.  the media/Shefter did the fans, luck and the team dirty here.  the booing story was totally over blown too

again the media was doing their job when Diana died too.  TMZ is only doing their job every day trying to make celebs look bad, and they are terrible for it

NCF will defend the media to his death because he worked with them too.  

You just keep throwing stuff against the wall and try to see if anything sticks.    Good luck.

You're entitled to whatever opinion you want.    But you remain mad at the wrong person.

The fault was not with Adam Shelter.    The fault is with the Colts employee who leaked the news.   

Ballard knows it.    Most everyone involved in the story knows it.   Only some posters here,  including you,   who have no idea how the media is supposed to do it's job,  don't seem to know it.      You're wrong at the wrong person.

You just wont admit it.     You don't want to admit it.     That's just you being you.

this is absolutely Shelter's fault,  Luck was going to tell everyone the next day. 

fans did not show up to the game that day expecting this bomb to be dropped on them.  of course some were going to boo.  pretty tired of you disrespecting  our fans and defending the  media scum bags trying to make us look bad.

Luck never would have been booed if this went as planned, so i will say again its with out a doubt Shefter's fault.  i dont forgive him just because its his "job"

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

splitting hairs over the word leak, and i sure as hell can fault him for doing his job.  

The fault was not with Adam Shefter.    The fault is with the Colts employee who leaked the news.   

how was that throwing something against the wall?  i said i have a different opinion than ballard

18 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

So you’re not going to even respond to the part about journalists failing by not talking to colts fans about boo-gate? Just gonna throw some garbage out that I don’t understand journalism? Ok.

If what the other poster said was true about Adam reaching out to the colts and not getting a response then you’re right, Adam did his job. Doesn’t mean I like it. Tax collectors are just doing their job too. ESPN could’ve maneuvered and said we’ll let Luck address the fans at half time in return for an exclusive interview. These things happen often. They have these things called phones. Again, if the colts didn’t respond then ok, different story.

My over arching point, which you failed to address, is my beef that colts fans were sucker punched by this news, and then vilified by the media. Instead of the media approaching it that colts fans were hit out of no where and responded the way they did, understandably in my opinion, the media went out of their way to paint all fans as being jerks. They didn’t attempt to do their jobs and ask if they boo’d and why. They went with a click bait approach and smeared an entire group based on the actions of a comparable few.

I understand you’re a part of the media but the media ran a slanted piece unfairly against the colts. They goofed. Put your ego aside and call it both ways. 

The media didn't goof.

1.   The media reported the news about Luck.

2.    The media reported the news about what the fans did.

And, though I don't live in Indiana,  it's my understanding that local media DID talk to fans to get reaction.    

We're going to have to agree to disagree about whether booing Luck was understandable.   I appreciate that fans were caught off guard and upset.    But booing the guy as he leaves the field for the last time?    I'm not going to defend that.   

17 hours ago, aaron11 said:

how was that throwing something against the wall?  i said i have a different opinion than ballard

You're throwing stuff against a wall,  because you're lashing out at the wrong person.

You've literally said nothing about the Colts employee who actually leaked the story.    All you've talked about over and over and over again is......    Adam Shefter.

You're so emotionally invested in the narrative you spout,  that's it's Shefter's fault,  it's the media's fault,  that you refuse to budge.    I'm not the only person here saying you're wrong.

But nothing is going to change your mind.     Period.

You can say it's your opinion all you want,  but that doesn't make you right.    All the facts are against you.    But you've been angry since the moment it happened and nothing is going to change your mind.     You refuse to admit you've spent nearly two weeks being angry at the wrong person.     That's on you.     Not on Adam Shefter.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The media didn't goof.

1.   The media reported the news about Luck.

2.    The media reported the news about what the fans did.

And, though I don't live in Indiana,  it's my understanding that local media DID talk to fans to get reaction.    

We're going to have to agree to disagree about whether booing Luck was understandable.   I appreciate that fans were caught off guard and upset.    But booing the guy as he leaves the field for the last time?    I'm not going to defend that.   

They did in fact goof though.

1. They asked follow ups about his decision. They allowed him an opportunity to explain his reasoning (which is correct and not what I’m faulting).

2. They painted the fan base as being unappreciative. In any decent reporting, they ask both parties for comment. This was not done to my knowledge in the national circuit. If local did, and I know it happened via talk radio but whether it happened in print, it was not covered nationally. They went with the click bait approach of “Look at these spoiled jerks booing their QB for retiring due to injuries”.

Allow me an analogy. Your family member decides to abandon the family.  In the days/weeks leading up to the event, the family member was talking about how happy they were and how much they love their family, even taking part in a bbq with no inkling that there was any unhappiness. Then, your neighbor, who is the neighborhood gossiper, comes to you during another bbq and says that the family member is abandoning the family. No other information is provided. Also, you’ve been drinking. How do you think most humans would react?

No one is asking you to defend it. I’m asking you to understand it. In the above analogy most family members would come to regret their behavior after the fact, but some may not. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're throwing stuff against a wall,  because you're lashing out at the wrong person.

You've literally said nothing about the Colts employee who actually leaked the story.    All you've talked about over and over and over again is......    Adam Shefter.

You're so emotionally invested in the narrative you spout,  that's it's Shefter's fault,  it's the media's fault,  that you refuse to budge.    I'm not the only person here saying you're wrong.

But nothing is going to change your mind.     Period.

You can say it's your opinion all you want,  but that doesn't make you right.    All the facts are against you.    But you've been angry since the moment it happened and nothing is going to change your mind.     You refuse to admit you've spent nearly two weeks being angry at the wrong person.     That's on you.     Not on Adam Shefter.

wrong, shefter released it a day before luck did and that is a fact.  you can be mad at the internal leak and i can be mad at him

it is what is, you can stop telling me how wrong i am for feeling this way.  you are just some  guy with an opinion yourself. 

9 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

They did in fact goof though.

1. They asked follow ups about his decision. They allowed him an opportunity to explain his reasoning (which is correct and not what I’m faulting).

2. They painted the fan base as being unappreciative. In any decent reporting, they ask both parties for comment. This was not done to my knowledge in the national circuit. If local did, and I know it happened via talk radio but whether it happened in print, it was not covered nationally. They went with the click bait approach of “Look at these spoiled jerks booing their QB for retiring due to injuries”.

Allow me an analogy. Your family member decides to abandon the family.  In the days/weeks leading up to the event, the family member was talking about how happy they were and how much they love their family, even taking part in a bbq with no inkling that there was any unhappiness. Then, your neighbor, who is the neighborhood gossiper, comes to you during another bbq and says that the family member is abandoning the family. No other information is provided. Also, you’ve been drinking. How do you think most humans would react?

No one is asking you to defend it. I’m asking you to understand it. In the above analogy most family members would come to regret their behavior after the fact, but some may not. 

To the best of my knowledge,  ESPN did not ask fans for reaction.

But local media did.

If you want to fault ESPN for that,  that's fine.   I've got no issue with that.    I think that's fair.

9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

wrong, shefter released it a day before luck did and that is a fact.  you can be mad at the internal leak and i can be mad at him

it is what is, you can stop telling me how wrong i am for feeling this way.  you are just some  guy with an opinion yourself. 

Shefter realeasing it when it received the informations is what he is SUPPOSED TO DO.

He's not working for the Colts or Luck.    He's reporting it when he gets it.    That's what all good reporters do.

No, I'm not just some guy with an opinion.    I'm a guy with 30 years of working in the media, so I know what the media is supposed to do.     You clearly do not.    And you demonstrate it with each post.

Do not try to argue that all opinions are equal.    They are not.    I've never said you're not entitled to your opinion,  you clearly are.    You're allowed to state your opinion here.    And I'm allowed to point out all the reasons that you're wrong.    Which I have done in roughly a half dozen posts here.    Each being mostly ingnored by you.

You're just too invested in being angry at the wrong guy.    You can't admit you're wrong,  so you won't.     Good for you.    Doesn't make you right.   

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Shefter realeasing it when it received the informations is what he is SUPPOSED TO DO.

He's not working for the Colts or Luck.    He's reporting it when he gets it.    That's what all good reporters do.

No, I'm not just some guy with an opinion.    I'm a guy with 30 years of working in the media, so I know what the media is supposed to do.     You clearly do not.    And you demonstrate it with each post.

Do not try to argue that all opinions are equal.    They are not.    I've never said you're not entitled to your opinion,  you clearly are.    You're allowed to state your opinion here.    And I'm allowed to point out all the reasons that you're wrong.    Which I have done in roughly a half dozen posts here.    Each being mostly ingnored by you.

You're just too invested in being angry at the wrong guy.    You can't admit you're wrong,  so you won't.     Good for you.    Doesn't make you right.   

plenty of examples of people just doing their jobs that were also doing something terrible 

where would we be with out guys like Shefter jumping in front of Luck to tell us about his retirement one day before he was going to tell us anyway?  

i say we would be better off without them, this is similar to TMZ and paparazzi  "reporting"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

plenty of examples of people just doing their jobs that were also doing something terrible 

If you don't want Shefter to report it,  then feel free to be upset at the Colts employee who leaked it.     That's what Ballard tried to do.    He wanted to know who inside the team leaked the info.   He didn't blame anyone else.    Neither did Luck.     The villain is inside the Colts.

I'm not asking you to like it.    Only understand it.     If Shefter doesn't report it,  likely that someone else does before them.    There are plenty of info people around the NFL who love a scoop like this.    They would've reported it too.

• Like 1