Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck’s Newspaper Ad

mad dog curtis

24 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Andrew's career will always be a disappointment.

That is nonsense the colts front office before Ballard is the disappointment for not building him a team that could challenge for titles instead they let a disgraceful o-line destroy him and a lackluster garbage defense define this team for most of his career. What the colts front office did to this man should be considered a crime somebody in there should be jailed for the fact that they ruined this man's career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That is nonsense the colts front office before Ballard is the disappointment for not building him a team that could challenge for titles instead they let a disgraceful o-line destroy him and a lackluster garbage defense define this team for most of his career. What the colts front office did to this man should be considered a crime somebody in there should be jailed for the fact that they ruined this man's career.

You just described all the things that made his career a disappointment.

6 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

And this is why we didn't deserve him

This was Andrew's career. When do fans deserve anything? 

I appreciate the sentiment and hope he can finally get over the physical and mental hurdles hes been struggling to clear these past few years.  I have no doubt his gratitude is genuine,  but I hope this is all we hear from him for awhile.  Although most of the dust has settled and the fans here (on the forum atleast) seem to have moved on,  I can easily see a scenario where constant reminders of the luck era could have a negative effect on the fan base and the upcoming season.  In the end I do think this was a mental health issue for Andrew so I'm glad hes taking the steps to resolve it, but as his mind and body heal I could see him thinking about a comeback.  While I dont think he will ultimately return to the Indianapolis Colts I recognize how difficult it will be for this franchise and fanbase to move on with periodic interjections from the Luck camp.  To be clear though I do wish him the best and I am grateful for his time here.  The past years were full of exciting and optimistic football in spite of all the deficiencies that surrounded the super star qb.  Think about that for a second.....he was that good.  His talent outpaced a substandard coaching staff and a dysfunctional gm.  He took the colts beyond what they were capable of almost annually.  Great work but we need to be allowed to move on.

• Like 4

I wish Luck nothing but the best. And I respect his decision to retire.....as a fan, I do still feel a bit betrayed, and it will take time for that to fade. It wasn't so much what he did, but when and how it went down......both in regard to the timing and the future of what the Colts "could have been". And the hap-hazard way the Colts thought they were planning to "manage" the announcement. Didn't leave me feeling any warm fuzzies, or that I could fully trust what comes out of 56th st going forward. 

• Thanks 1

I wish Luck the best.  If he doesn’t want to play anymore then by all means walk away.  However, calling his career a disappointment is also fair.  Let’s not forget Luck reinjured himself snowboarding. He played a part in his own demise too. Plenty of players go thru the same struggle he has with injuries and bad management and don’t quit. There is nothing wrong with walking away but not quitting when an organization is counting on you will always be viewed as better.  

Struggling thru your career is completely normal and the better ones fight thru it.  I started my company the same time as a few others I know did.  We all met the same adversity and they quit and I didn’t. Im going strong now but absolutely positive I will face hard times again. That is life and sadly a lot of my fellow Millennials aren’t equipped to handle. Won’t change my opinion that their career in my field is a disappointment bc of their own doing...not the circumstances that brought them to the decision to give up. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My greatest memories of Andrew will be a few things: 

1. Watching a young kid stepping in for Peyton Manning who is arguably the GOAT and just take a 2-14 team to 11-5. That is very impressive. 

2. The KC playoff game (2013 season) when we were down 38-10. Came back and won 45-44. I knew then with Luck we always had a chance.

3. Beating the Broncos at Denver, playing against Peyton and Von Miller in the 2014 season Divisional Round. That was Andrew's signature playoff win IMO. We were 8 point underdogs and most did not give us a chance to win that game.

4. Last season. After missing a full season all Luck did was throw for 39 TD's and 4500 yards leading the Colts to the playoffs. In the playoffs, Luck showed once again who the kings of the AFC South were by winning at Houston. 

-See you in the Ring of Honor one day Andrew Luck.

Love that! :scoregood:

All the best to Andrew and to the Colts the rest of the year. :lombardi:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Andrew Luck was like a long-awaited comet. We had heard about it for years and he was finally going to arrive, and we were going to witness his brilliance.

But he arrived on a dark, cloudy, foggy eve. In between the cloud breaks, we got to see his brilliance. He shone brightly. He was amazing, awe inspiring, and everything the comet was touted to be.

But again the clouds.

More and more clouds and yet, we were still able to see glimpses in between. An undeniable spectacle.

Finally, the clouds lifted and the sky was still, but Andrew Luck had left, unable to shine brightly any longer.

Disappointment? Maybe, but  I blame the clouds.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I wish Luck the best.  If he doesn’t want to play anymore then by all means walk away.  However, calling his career a disappointment is also fair.  Let’s not forget Luck reinjured himself snowboarding. He played a part in his own demise too. Plenty of players go thru the same struggle he has with injuries and bad management and don’t quit. There is nothing wrong with walking away but not quitting when an organization is counting on you will always be viewed as better.  

Struggling thru your career is completely normal and the better ones fight thru it.  I started my company the same time as a few others I know did.  We all met the same adversity and they quit and I didn’t. Im going strong now but absolutely positive I will face hard times again. That is life and sadly a lot of my fellow Millennials aren’t equipped to handle. Won’t change my opinion that their career in my field is a disappointment bc of their own doing...not the circumstances that brought them to the decision to give up. 

The worst part about your generation isn't that they are quitters, it's that they think if they do anything they are an expert on success and need praise for everything they do.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Andrew Luck was like a long-awaited comet. We had heard about it for years and he was finally going to arrive, and we were going to witness his brilliance.

But he arrived on a dark, cloudy, foggy eve. In between the cloud breaks, we got to see his brilliance. He shone brightly. He was amazing, awe inspiring, and everything the comet was touted to be.

But again the clouds.

More and more clouds and we were still able to see glimpses in between.

Finally, the clouds lifted and the sky was still, but Andrew Luck had left, unable to shine brightly any longer.

Disappointment? I blame the clouds.

Yeah, Andrew Luck was far from a disappointment. Did he live up to Peyton, no but I do not see anyone doing that. The only thing disappointing was that he retired early and when the retirement occurred. He still belongs in the Ring of Honor IMO and had several very good to great seasons here. Anyone that believes Andrew Luck doesn't belong in the Ring of Honor are probably same silly people that believe Barry Sanders doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame for retiring too early lmao .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

Sentiment is nice, but I really think it was lacking emotion.

Agreed. Anyone could have wrote that. It was almost a shorter full page ad than his career. For me it does not change my opinion of the man.... Some will be in his corner; I will not. :peek:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, life long said:

Agreed. Anyone could have wrote that. It was almost a shorter full page ad than his career. For me it does not change my opinion of the man.... Some will be in his corner; I will not. :peek:

I don't have an issue with Andrew. Just looking at the man you could see he is drained. I think the team really wanted him to take his time on the decision as well. That's why announcement came so late.

As far this full page ad. Which was probably the least heartfelt ad I have seen to be honest. Can't back it to much, but knowing his mental state, I guess I can understand his lack of emotion.

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Colts haters will troll to no end over this, but ultimately its true 

we blew it by "only" winning one SB with Peyton and Luck combined 

7 minutes ago, GusFring said:

The amount of time I wasted defending this quitter to seahawks fans sickens me and I want that time back. 

russ went to a better team thats all there is to it.  Luck could have won there and wilson would have gone no further than luck did here 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GusFring said:

The amount of time I wasted defending this quitter to seahawks fans sickens me and I want that time back. 

It shouldn't sicken you because when healthy Luck was the better QB. Russ won a SB but got drafted by the right team at the right time. Russ had a loaded defense and a hall of fame RB in place. Dan Marino played 17 seasons and never won a SB, Dolphins fans still love him and he needs no defending. He simply never had a great RB to play along with or a defense that could help carry him to a SB. He did all the carrying much like Luck did in his career. Marino was able to last a long time because he did have a great O.Line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

I appreciate the sentiment and hope he can finally get over the physical and mental hurdles hes been struggling to clear these past few years.  I have no doubt his gratitude is genuine,  but I hope this is all we hear from him for awhile.  Although most of the dust has settled and the fans here (on the forum atleast) seem to have moved on,  I can easily see a scenario where constant reminders of the luck era could have a negative effect on the fan base and the upcoming season.  In the end I do think this was a mental health issue for Andrew so I'm glad hes taking the steps to resolve it, but as his mind and body heal I could see him thinking about a comeback.  While I dont think he will ultimately return to the Indianapolis Colts I recognize how difficult it will be for this franchise and fanbase to move on with periodic interjections from the Luck camp.  To be clear though I do wish him the best and I am grateful for his time here.  The past years were full of exciting and optimistic football in spite of all the deficiencies that surrounded the super star qb.  Think about that for a second.....he was that good.  His talent outpaced a substandard coaching staff and a dysfunctional gm.  He took the colts beyond what they were capable of almost annually.  Great work but we need to be allowed to move on.

Well said Sumo63.  I concur with this.  

1 hour ago, life long said:

I actually do not blame you, when Luck retired still rubs me the wrong the way (2 weeks before the season). I can see how people can be sour about it. Doesn't change the fact he gave us great memories though and he does belong in the Ring of the Honor despite what some think. If Harbaugh is in then Luck is in easily. 

Time to move on man and get behind Jacoby. I am finally getting over this, it took over a week but I am almost there. If we suck this season, then we will get a high draft pick and Ballard will more than likely get another QB is my guess.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1