Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What players do you want the Colts to acquire

holeymoley99

I am intrigued by this ...

”8. Washington Redskins running back Samaje Perine has been waived. Perine, 23, had eight carries for 32 yards in five appearances last season. He was drafted in the fourth round in 2017”

As I was quite high on him coming out.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

I would definitely ask QB Brian Hoyer if he would be willing to back up Brissett for two games.  And I also have high interest in C Stefen Wisniewski.  Am scouring the waiver wire for a quality backup LT, but am coming up short.

My surprise guy would be diminuitive speedy rookie OLB Sutton Smith.  No, he has no size to speak of, but I love his energy.

I cannot conceive of a QB agreeing to just two games.  Methinks any signing that occurs will be for the entirety of the year and then the team might carry three QBs once Kelly comes off suspension.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Give me a 2-4 game contract with a vet QB. I'd prefer old and accomplished, to old and mediocre or young and ?... We just need a bridge for a few weeks, not a project or someone who won't be a good mentor to Kelly.

Also, give me OL Alex Bars who just got cut from the Bears. Was great before he got injured and would have been drafted higher had he played the entire season at ND. Had great coaching, and just needs some time.

I'm good with TE, WR, DB, and LB.

I doubt there's any good DL that get waived. 

I'm with you on Bars.  I guess the Bears weren't sure if he could be an OT.

He's a fantastic guard, and we need depth at that position.  The fact that he can kick out to OT in a pinch is just icing on the cake. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I'm with you on Bars.  I guess the Bears weren't sure if he could be an OT.

He's a fantastic guard, and we need depth at that position.  The fact that he can kick out to OT in a pinch is just icing on the cake. 

He's flexible, and had great coaching. Harry is the man. If Bars returns to form, having the flexibility of both Bars and Braden would be tremendous. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Latest article on Colts.com says the QB position could be settled quickly. Lists Cassell first. 

I forgot Keizer was waived. He'd be a decent band-aid. Much better than PW. 

He would be a good veteran for the entire season or to fill in for a couple of games. I mean he has been to the pro bowl.

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He would be a good veteran for the entire season or to fill in for a couple of games. I mean he has been to the pro bowl.

I don't see us keeping 3 all year on the 53, but I wouldn't mind it if MC was tasked with babysitting and mentoring Kelly this season. 

4 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Not looking for anyone in particular.

We need a vet QB backup probably until our bye week (week 6) or so.

After that Kelly could probably do the backup job (or more).

We don't need a long term vet. Would rather have a rookie  developmental QB on the PS.

I agree but maybe a Hoyer type could do for Brissett what Hasselbeck did for (un)- Luck -(y).

Pe haps spending a lil ona guy like this (and the roster spot) would be good for a year.  This is unchartered waters in some ways.

Maybe Brissett, Hoyer (if available and feasible), and Kelly makes sense.  I mean for the year.  The only xtra roster spot is a bummer, but the experience, knowledge could be big.

I'm very hopeful for Jacoby.  I'm intrigued and excited about Kelly's futute.  But those are both big ifs.  Im not sure which is best.  We're only talking a year  here to see who may be the like long-term answer.  We hope it could be Jacoby.  But if it isnt , its hard to think Kelly would be the instant answer.

Anybody have Hasselbeck's number.  He was the perfect backup for the situation.

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I agree but maybe a Hoyer type could do for Brissett what Hasselbeck did for (un)- Luck -(y).

Pe haps spending a lil ona guy like this (and the roster spot) would be good for a year.  This is unchartered waters in some ways.

Maybe Brissett, Hoyer (if available and feasible), and Kelly makes sense.  I mean for the year.  The only xtra roster spot is a bummer, but the experience, knowledge could be big.

I'm very hopeful for Jacoby.  I'm intrigued and excited about Kelly's futute.  But those are both big ifs.  Im not sure which is best.  We're only talking a year  here to see who may be the like long-term answer.  We hope it could be Jacoby.  But if it isnt , its hard to think Kelly would be the instant answer.

Anybody have Hasselbeck's number.  He was the perfect backup for the situation.

I was with you down to Hasselbeck. Hoyer, OK, but not Hasselbeck at this point in time.

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Who is old and accomplished that's available at Qb?

What's Peyton up to?

Define "accomplished," but Bryan Hoyer was just released from New England and he is widely regarded as an excellent veteran backup

I'd like to see Hoyer around because I think he'd be good to help develop both Brissett and Kelly.  He's a film room fanatic who's been in a lot of systems good or bad and has a ton of experience, including obviously being part of some very successful New England teams.

Beyond that, my big target would be slot receiver depth, possibly a TE or RB, and if we see a CB that could help us I wouldn't complain

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Define "accomplished," but Bryan Hoyer was just released from New England and he is widely regarded as an excellent veteran backup

I'd like to see Hoyer around because I think he'd be good to help develop both Brissett and Kelly.  He's a film room fanatic who's been in a lot of systems good or bad and has a ton of experience, including obviously being part of some very successful New England teams.

Beyond that, my big target would be slot receiver depth, possibly a TE or RB, and if we see a CB that could help us I wouldn't complain

I agree. I actually like Hoyer, I think he would be a good backup. 

McSorely made the cut in Baltimore, at least so far today could be a different story for many players around the league.

A day after it was reported Geno Smith won the Seattle backup spot over Paxton Lynch he was let go as well. I would expect him to land somewhere maybe Denver ?

I'm really looking at those Philly OLinemen.  Wisniewski wouldn't have to clear waivers, and he could take Andrews' C/OG spot.  But that Opeta OG had a really good pre-draft process, and Brett Toth out of Army has a lot of upside at OG (but he weighs about 293 right now),,,

For those interested (although it's been explained in previous posts)

here are the rules for waiver pickups.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/09/nfl-waivers-tracker-2019-where-will-released-players-land-after-cuts-established-initial-53-man-rosters-live-updates.html

Sunday brings post-cuts waiver claims.

The claiming period for players placed on waivers expires at noon Sunday.

Any released player with fewer than four years of service is subject to waivers.

Veterans with four-plus years of service hit free agency immediately.

12 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

If we look at it objectively, he beat out Hairston (forcing a trade - and helping with a future draft pick) and beat out a former 2nd Round Talent in Collins as well as a converted Safety.

Additionally, as he is being groomed to play CB he can still be used in a pinch at Safety or the big nickel position that Geathers and Wilson play. He will also likely be a special teams core player as well.

He's a swiss army knife....

Agreed like I said if they cut him he will get claimed on waivers.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I think we'll sign a veteran QB (obviously) and snag a young OT worth developing.  To make room, bye-bye Milligan and Pascal.  I also think it's really possible that we swap out Andrews with a better veteran option...

If we get a oline man one of the backup oline man will be gone. I don’t think pascal will be cut yet.