Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich presser 8/27

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

It has to do with their false sense of entitlement. Spoiled children who are mad that they didn't get things their way and feel that players somehow OWE them their well being because they bought a jersey.

It has to due with their human decency and their character as a person.... or lack thereof.

Be upset at the situation. Be upset at the timing. Don't be upset at the guy who played and gave his body up until he felt like he couldn't anymore. The fact that other players have been injured before, or worse, is irrelevant.

it has nothing to do with entitlement. Luck himself is to blame here, not for retiring, I fully understand and am ok with those reasons. He deserves it. HOWEVER, he blatantly played fans over the last month and toyed with them. That is and was a huge mistake on his part. Had he not done all that and simply retired at a regular press conference, there'd been no boos, far less anger and even more support. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

God, you are going to be a right bundle of laughs when AV retires......

I've been fully expecting him to retire for 7 years now hahaha He's well passed deserving. Plus, I do believe this is his last year, Luck or no Luck. 

11 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

I'm sorry but injuries are part of NFL football and Andrew doesn't deserve a medal for playing and getting hurt. There are literally 1000's of players that have dealt with injuries, more severe injuries and pain - Andrew is not unique in that aspect. Hes unique because he CHOSE to quit playing before injuries or Father Time made him quit and some fans take exception to that. That has nothing to do with their commitment to this team or their Colts fandom in general. 

So once you start playing you owe it to the game to continue despite injuries till you are too old or too crippled to continue?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dgcolt4life said:

I was very disappointed at the fans in indy for booing luck. He sacrificed alot to the colts and the thanks he got was boos. I'm a HUGE colts fan and it made me sick.

Sacified he made 97 million dollars playing a kids game that's a sacrifice he didn't die in a war he just played football. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

It has to do with their false sense of entitlement. Spoiled children who are mad that they didn't get things their way and feel that players somehow OWE them their well being because they bought a jersey.

It has to due with their human decency and their character as a person.... or lack thereof.

Be upset at the situation. Be upset at the timing. Don't be upset at the guy who played and gave his body up until he felt like he couldn't anymore. The fact that other players have been injured before, or worse, is irrelevant.

The players don't "don't give their body up for fans" they give their body up for the money. Please stop acting like Luck was Jesus Christ who was out there dying for our sins lol. His sudden decision to  retire affected his team mates and the entire Colts organization. Can't imagine any Colts fan being happy the news that Luck retired. Those fans don't know Luck on a personal level and he is oblivious to most Colts fans existence. Those weren't personal boos, they were  boos from upset passionate Colts fans. His untimely retirement sucks. Everyone is entitled to their feelings. 

• Like 3

Just now, csmopar said:

it has nothing to do with entitlement. Luck himself is to blame here, not for retiring, I fully understand and am ok with those reasons. He deserves it. HOWEVER, he blatantly played fans over the last month and toyed with them. That is and was a huge mistake on his part. Had he not done all that and simply retired at a regular press conference, there'd been no boos, far less anger and even more support. 

That's all based on nothing though.

At the press conference he said he knew a week and a half prior. He went out and warmed up and admitted he thought that was probably the last time he'd throw at LOS. You're going to cry about a guy wanting to get one last session in? Why? Because he didn't tell you it was his final time? Weak sauce.

I don't fault the fans for the boos. There wasn't enough time to work through what they just saw and many were angry, understandably. But now, days later, people still throwing tantrums believing Luck somehow wronged them is asinine and childish. Grow up, people.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

The players don't "don't give their body up for fans" they give their body up for the money. Please stop acting like Luck was Jesus Christ who was out there dying for our sins lol. His sudden decision to  retire affected his team mates and the entire Colts organization. Can't imagine any Colts fan being happy the news that Luck retired. Those fans don't know Luck on a personal level and he is oblivious to most Colts fans existence. Those weren't personal boos, they were  boos from upset passionate Colts fans. His untimely retirement sucks. Everyone is entitled to their feelings. 

When did I say he did it for the fans? Of course they do it for the money. But the fact that somebody else pays them millions of dollars does NOT mean he owes the fans anything. Nobody compared him to Jesus Christ... ever. 

Again, I completely understand the boos. The situation and not having any time to process it would understandably leave many angry at the time Luck was coming off the field. But days later, after hearing his reasons and remembering the time he played for our team, if you're still upset then it's a you problem. Not a Luck problem.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brissett has had a knack of taking care of the ball. His junior year at NC State he threw for 23 TD's and only 6 picks. His senior year 20 and 5.

I think that's a huge statistic that gets overlooked.  He has a history of avoiding turnovers.  And he didn't have many interceptions when he started in 2017 for us.  That's a great attribute.  He's also had all the 1st team reps in practice this year as well.  He couldn't be more ready to step in and take over this team.  I can see him surprising a lot of people.  Can't wait.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I think that's a huge statistic that gets overlooked.  He has a history of avoiding turnovers.  And he didn't have many interceptions when he started in 2017 for us.  That's a great attribute.  He's also had all the 1st team reps in practice this year as well.  He couldn't be more ready to step in and take over this team.  I can see him surprising a lot of people.  Can't wait.

Many may not know this but the season the Seahawks won the SB in 2013, Russell Wilson had just 26 TD's and 3300 yards passing but only threw 9 picks. Wilson has evolved into a very good if not great QB now but that season he was a game manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Honest question: Have you hear of cognitive dissonance?

Cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time.

Simultaneously, Luck can hold two opposing thoughts, as we all do at some time.

Luck can do everything to return to play football in time for week 1, (as we saw him do) while also contemplating retirement. He can go through the steps needed to return to the field in time for week 1, until the point where his desire to leave the game is greater than his desire to remain in it.

What we saw as fans was Luck getting ready to play, (which he was honestly trying to do), while also contemplating retirement (which we can't deny, obviously).

I don't think there was any intent to deceive. How it all was handled was poor however, and it's now led many people to distrust Luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Give it up for god sakes .Did not know there was so many fair weather fans here!

Lot of emotionally "bankrupt" people in the fan base that have no empathy for another human being. I'm a big fan of the team and game but I care about people more. Andrew is a good man. Very ill people on this site.

• Thanks 1

Both sides have valid points, yes Luck was beaten to death for years and sustained many injuries. Its his life and his choices.

Was the timing a little bad for the Colts, absolutely, 2 weeks before the regular season, the fans have a right to be upset.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time.

Luck can do everything to return to play football in time for week 1, (as we saw him do) while also contemplating retirement. He can go through the steps needed to return to the field in time for week 1, until the point where his desire to leave the game is greater than his desire to remain in it.

What we saw as fans was Luck getting ready to play, (which he was honestly trying to do), while also contemplating retirement (which we can't deny, obviously).

I don't think there was any intent to deceive. How it all was handled was poor however, and it's now led many people to distrust Luck.

I’m not sure he set out to deceive fans. However, once his mind was made up, allegedly on Friday, there should have been no throwing drills pre game by Luck. That’s on Luck himself. And yes, it was botched badly in terms of handling.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brissett has had a knack of taking care of the ball. His junior year at NC State he threw for 23 TD's and only 5 picks. His senior year 20 and 6.

I think a 32 td 8 int season  may be around  his high end.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I hate to say this but I believe this will be Reich's last season. I just think this whole Andrew Luck thing has worn on him and not being able to be straightforward with Luck's injury situation he's a christian the whole thing has to be hard on him. JMO

Oh wow.... I thought I was off the rails 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

You can just keep spouting this crap, but it doesn't make it so. 

Your continuing need to reap your "pound of flesh" on this matter is getting beyond old. But by all means...carry on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I hate to say this but I believe this will be Reich's last season. I just think this whole Andrew Luck thing has worn on him and not being able to be straightforward with Luck's injury situation he's a christian the whole thing has to be hard on him. JMO

I thought I have heard it all now. I seriously doubt that this be Reich's last year because you can tell he loves to coach. Having said that, Luck fooled me so who knows lmao 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brissett has had a knack of taking care of the ball. His junior year at NC State he threw for 23 TD's and only 5 picks. His senior year 20 and 6.

Good point.  Wasn't it 13 TDs to 7 INTs in 2017 (in 15 games)?

Only thing he needs to clean up is 8 fumbles from '17.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought I have heard it all now. I seriously doubt that this be Reich's last year because you can tell he loves to coach. Having said that, Luck fooled me so who knows lmao 

That would be more shocking than Luck retiring. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

8 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Your continuing need to reap your "pound of flesh" on this matter is getting beyond old. But by all means...carry on...

You know....here I am judging you for getting over emotional and I'm doing the same thing to you. My apologies. I can see we will never see the same on this sort of situation. I would rather use the features here at the site so I don't have to be reminded of it. Best of luck to you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dgcolt4life said:

I was very disappointed at the fans in indy for booing luck. He sacrificed alot to the colts and the thanks he got was boos. I'm a HUGE colts fan and it made me sick.

Although I'm upset with how he played up hopefully returning to week 1, I will say this, I would not have personally boo'd him.  I do feel slighted, but I also respect him as a person, and I realize he did alot for the Colts.  That's why it hurts so much, because he was so great, and I felt he could have just made this decision a bit earlier this year.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

You can always use the ignore function if you so choose.

48 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

You know....here I am judging you for getting over emotional and I'm doing the same thing to you. My apologies. I can see we will never see the same on this sort of situation. I would rather use the features here at the site so I don't have to be reminded of it. Best of luck to you. 

I’m not offended, no need to apologize. You’re entitled to your opinion as well.  If you so choose, there is the ignore function. Good luck to you

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

With all the odd things that have gone on with the whole Colts organization...

You may be right!

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

With all the odd things that have gone on with the whole Colts organization...

You may be right!

I don't know Reich personally, but I see no reason to quit on the Colts.  He was a great backup during his years; and he's already showed Foles the light.  How sweet would it be to get Brissett and the team to the promised land?!?  That would be great in it's own "reich" :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I think this Luck saga coming to an end will be the reason he stays longer. Every day since he got hired it’s been questions and uncertainty about Luck. I’d imagine him retiring while sad and a gut  punch to the organization is also a weight being lifted off his shoulders. Once the games begin he can just focus on his job and not deal with the Luck injury saga. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Flash7 said:

BINGO

7 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Both sides have valid points, yes Luck was beaten to death for years and sustained many injuries. Its his life and his choices.

Was the timing a little bad for the Colts, absolutely, 2 weeks before the regular season, the fans have a right to be upset.

I go back to what JMV said Sunday.  It’s okay to both understand why Luck did this and not be upset with that part of it but also be ticked off about the timing and what it means for the team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I don’t get that at all.  If anything Reich seems all in right now and very comfortable with things at the moment.  He’s exuding confidence in this team and seems full of passion and confidence at his pressers.  I firmly believe he feels they will be fine with Jacoby and that the team is going to rally around him.

5 hours ago, egg said:

He only lost 3 fumbles.

True, but the recovery process itself involves a bit of luck.  I'm usually concerned with the act of fumbling itself, rather than the "lost" fumbles statistic, if that makes sense.

39 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

When you're getting hit like that...

to be expected?

That definitely played a role.  Some of it is just bad habits/ball security.  With a better o-line and more experience, I'm expecting that number to come down.

i think my initial reaction if i were at the stadium would have been to Boo also. Now I have had time to process it I'm OK with it. do you really think people should have been calm and sympathetic. It was really bad timing 2 weeks before the first game.   After hearing his press conference I know he was sincere. If somebody didn't leak it to the press this would not have happened.

Ballard came to the Colts saying we are not about just Andrew Luck and Reich never asked about Lucks status in his interview, so I think both are able to see this through. Reich handled a Super Bowl without His starting QB. Ballard made it  with a less than stellar Bears QB whose name I continue to forget.