Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cory Redding To Colts?

grmasterb

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would this mean for Dwight Freeney, since he has yet to be traded or cut?

One of the two will happen if Freeney doesn't sign a cap-friendly extension, so Redding would be either Freeney's replacement or another one to add to the rotation.

Would rather have sioli as a true nose.. not sure why we nee more DE lineman that will transition to LB unless they figure him to play on one side of Nose. Which BTW we need more than an interior DE right now

Redding is 6'4" 300 lbs and a true 3-4 DE.

Would rather have sioli as a true nose.. not sure why we nee more DE lineman that will transition to LB unless they figure him to play on one side of Nose. Which BTW we need more than an interior DE right now

Huh? Redding wouldn't transition to LB. He's a 6'4 298 DE. He played 3-4 DE for the Ravens the past 2 seasons, and that's the same position he'd play for the Colts.

So the 1st Free Agent they go after is Cory Redding??.. WOW! Rebuilding?? He's 31 already & the 1st player the Colts target. Smh!!! Let's try & trade Freeney and bring in a guy who's a couple of months younger & not the player Dwight is. I understand Freeney is owed a lot of money but Cory Redding? His play is thanks to Suggs & Ngata.

Cory Redding - 131 games played.. 25.5 sacks

Dwight Freeney - 149 games played.. 102.5 sacks

Yeah he fits the system but it would be a bad signing IMO, especially being the 1st player Colts targeted!

So the 1st Free Agent they go after is Cory Redding??.. WOW! Rebuilding?? He's 31 already & the 1st player the Colts target. Smh!!! Let's try & trade Freeney and bring in a guy who's a couple of months younger & not the player Dwight is. I understand Freeney is owed a lot of money but Cory Redding? His play is thanks to Suggs & Ngata.

Yeah he fits the system but it would be a bad signing IMO, especially being the 1st player Colts targeted!

Bad signing how?? Especially if he comes in for cheap.

I see he had a very solid year in 2008 his rookie year. Unfortunately has declined for some reason the last two years.

There HAS been a QB issue there lately.

Not sure beyond that.

Has he been injured? I think he did miss time this past season.

So the 1st Free Agent they go after is Cory Redding??.. WOW! Rebuilding?? He's 31 already & the 1st player the Colts target. Smh!!! Let's try & trade Freeney and bring in a guy who's a couple of months younger & not the player Dwight is. I understand Freeney is old a lot of money but Cory Redding? His play is thanks to Suggs & Ngata.

Do you not know the difference between a 3-4 DE and 4-3 DE? The effectiveness of a 3-4 DE does not usually show up on a stat sheet. It rather is observed on game film. A 3-4 DE is supposed to, in most cases (2-gap systems), eat up blockers to create lanes for the aggressive linebackers. Therefore, the fact that he has as many sacks as he does is a testament to how good he is. Not saying he is a stud by any means, because honestly I don't know very much about him, but those stats don't mean anything. You can't compare stats between 3-4 and 4-3 DEs.

Also, I expect the Colts to only sign him if he is going to be cheap. I don't think Grigson wants to break the bank on anybody this year; it being his first year I fully expect him to take extra precaution in trying not to overspend.

If you compare last year statistics - Redding had MUCH more tackles and still had some sacks, he can also stop the run something Freeney doesn't do.

Its funny to me that people come here with a screen name like "LaughingatIrsay" and say stuff like this and yet you apparently do not understand football. Freeney is not a 3-4 DE not even close. Redding is the prototypical 3-4 DE and is a solid player. Freeney does not fit the system and is a good as gone. Redding will know the system and can help the other players on D. You see, if you understand the big picture sometimes its easier to understand what is really going on.

To be fair he played DT in Detroit his first six years (and I believe his seventh in Seattle). That's not a sack-filled position.