Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Marvell Tell, DB, USC

MTC

I like this pick. Going Willis and Tell III back to back reminds me of doubling up on RB with the Hines and Willis pick. Although Tell III seems like more of a FS who is kind of built like a CB.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if they're thinking about trying him some at CB.

• Like 1

Great pick, love it... he's an athletic freak with great movement and change of direction skills. Not a great tackler for the position.... this along with the athleticism made some teams wonder if he can transition to CB... IMO we will use him as a special teams ace and moveable piece along the backfield.... maybe he can be in the slot in sub packages...

• Like 1

All safeties on the roster not named Malik Hooker are on notice. This is a good pick. Automatically should fill in as Hooker's backup. Don't think he'll ever be more than a spot starter, but it is something we need.

Moving to corner is an option as well.

These are the picks that make good general managers great. Hitting on one or two from rounds 5-7 is huge. 

We saw how the competition level at practice increased after last years haul. This group has the athleticism to challenge the skilled positions day in and day out. Really excited to see the final results today and get these guys in pads soon. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Both Quincy Wilson and Kenny Moore are on notice, in my opinion, In case they become free agents after this year, One due to his contract and the other possibly if you cannot crack the starting lineup.

Kenny Moore Lol. Unless last year was a fluke he will have no issues. He is a dog. Wilson yes. Not sure if either of the two safeties we took can even play nickel.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Sounds like the S we took out of Clemson a few years back 

A pox on you for that comment!

I remember after that draft looking up Green’s game against Bama. It seemed like every play he was in showed the Bama TE scoring on him.  He was one of those guys who was fast in shorts, average in a uni.    

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Both Quincy Wilson and Kenny Moore are on notice, in my opinion, In case they become free agents after this year, One due to his contract and the other possibly if you cannot crack the starting lineup.

In the case of Quincy bad practice habits! I think EVERY DB on the roster. is on notice at this point!