Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering is upon us!

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Any team that puts that much money into a safety is just stupid. Glad we have a smart GM.

It's scary to think about what Q and Leonard will cost us in a few years looking at these #'s. 

• Like 2

Polish used to say it best. The first days of FA are usually extremely overpriced. The second tier is where you get value. 

I jave ave yet to see a team win who won in FA. Skins, Eagles....

Just now, IinD said:

It's scary to think about what Q and Leonard will cost us in a few years looking at these #'s. 

We won't ever let them hit free agency

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Polish used to say it best. The first days of FA are usually extremely overpriced. The second tier is where you get value. 

I didn't know the Polish were so wise when it came to the NFL. :D

DEEP Breaths

DEEP Breaths

Its all good ........ 

In Ballard we trust.........

Also know...... SOME of these deals will be huge....... but the team is ONLY on the hook for the guaranteed portion.........

So far...... we only lost one that I thought we would make a run at this week.......   (dang detroit)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We won't ever let them hit free agency

9 minutes ago, IinD said:

We might not let them hit the open market but they are both likely to set the market when we do extend them.  (Presuming they keep playing at a high level and don't have major injury issues.)

Market at guard right now is at 14M and a non pass rushing OLB it's at 11.1.

But the cap will grow.  You know not too long ago everyone was worried about Luck's contract and he was the highest paid player in the NFL for a little bit.  Now he's #8 among QB's between Drew Brees and Alex Smith.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Hooker has to show he can stay healthy first. 

I just say this to playfully joke with you, but Kwon Alexander begs to differ  :-P

Kwon has played in 46 of 64 games in 4 years.

Hooker has played in 21 of 32 games in 2 years.

Not that far off. And Kwon just got bank and the Safety market is potentially being re-set (though we will see if anyone other than Collins gets paid big bank).

Just saying that there's always some team willing to back up a Brinks truck for talent. Even injured, unfulfilled talent lol

I find it funny that most of you guys never want the Colts to spend the money (even when we have the most cap space), on these big time proven players, that could come in and truly make a difference on this team from the start.  Especially when these top tier players are that young and would be with us for 4-5 years. But are you all still going to be saying this when Nelson and Leonard are do their next contract? Especially when they will still be young. If they continue to play like they did this past season, they will both be at the top of their positions, and be demanding these same or more kind of contracts. Will you be saying the same thing? 

Just now, aavmarine said:

I find it funny that most of you guys never want the Colts to spend the money (even when we have the most cap space), on these big time proven players, that could come in and truly make a difference on this team from the start.  Especially when these top tier players are that young and would be with us for 4-5 years. But are you all still going to be saying this when Nelson and Leonard are do their next contract? Especially when they will still be young. If they continue to play like they did this past season, they will both be at the top of their positions, and be demanding these same or more kind of contracts. Will you be saying the same thing? 

How'd that work out for Grigson?

We're doing it the right way