Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmopar

Tampering is upon us!

Just now, TomDiggs said:

Landon Collins got bank

Glad it was not us.

14 mil average, not too shabby.  A lot though he'd go for 15+

2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Well this sucks

Like i said, to the Colts, no doubt.  Book it. 

Just now, shastamasta said:

$16M to be exact.

14, 84/6

Given these prices...might be time to explore the trade market. OBJ's contract...for example...doesn't look too bad.

1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

Landon Collins got bank

Glad it was not us.

Wow. :woah:

$14M/year and $45M Guaranteed would have been way to much if he came here  

I'm much more in favor of Amos anyways.  Probably would be a bit cheaper than Collins.

That would take the redskins out of the market for Mosley now.

Dang. No wonder these teams are always losing. Over paying everyone. There are plenty of safeties out there. No reason to overpay like that.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

14, 84/6

I know...I edited it. Things are moving so fast.

I'm glad we didn't pay this contract. WOW! Lets go into the bargain bin of safeties then... 

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Redskins gonna Redskin. 

Landon Collins got 2019 top-tier FA pass rusher money to sign.

I bet many of the pass rushers in free agency don't command $14M a year, $45M in the first 3 years or $84M overall.

That is bonkers.

Again, always was a pipe dream.

Best to spend that money elsewhere and possibly on 2-3 other players at that.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That would take the redskins out of the market for Mosley now.

yeah.  Look for them to release someone soon after.  They're only 13 mil under the cap BEFORE this move.

Just now, TomDiggs said:

Landon Collins got 2019 top-tier FA pass rusher money to sign.

I bet many of the pass rushers in free agency don't command $14M a year, $45M in the first 3 years or $84M overall.

That is bonkers.

Again, always was a pipe dream.

Best to spend that money elsewhere and possibly on 2-3 other players at that.

I don't think we have seen what top tier pass rusher money is in this market. At this rate...it could start with a 2 instead of a 1.

Yeah, not too surprising to see the Redskins give him a huge contract but man, that's big.

Also I'd be pretty shocked to see us hand out a huge payday to Mosley.

You know it's crazy when even Rapaport is saying how insane that deal is.

Next on the list please

I don't see Ballard handing out any huge contracts as we have seen with Alexander, Brown, and Collins.  Looks like he will go after mid-tier free agents again after the first wave of free agency, which I am totally fine with.  I don't think I want Mosely if his contract eclipses what Alexander got or Flowers if it is in the $20M/year range.  

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I don't think we have seen what top tier pass rusher money is in this market. At this rate...it could start with a 2 instead of a 1.

Mack is at 23.5

Elite Edge Rushers are going to get paid close to quarterbacks.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

I would definitely not bet against you there lol

These early market deals are always inflated, but my goodness.

If anything, this might mean that the Flowers/Smith/Smith/Houston group is easily in that $15M-$20M a year range and anything less than that is a "value" dare I say lol

Just now, csmopar said:

Detriot Patriots in full effect 

At this rate ballard is smart to sit back and wait. Bad teams manking deals. We probably won’t get anyone this first week with these prices.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

It really is the Detriot Patriots: HC Patricia, CB Coleman, DE Flowers, WR Amendola, RB Blount.  

3 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

I don't see Ballard handing out any huge contracts as we have seen with Alexander, Brown, and Collins.  Looks like he will go after mid-tier free agents again after the first wave of free agency, which I am totally fine with.  I don't think I want Mosely if his contract eclipses what Alexander got or Flowers if it is in the $20M/year range.  

The market for ILB is set by Luke Kuechly at 12.3 Mil

I really doubt Mosely could legitimately ask for more than 15 Mil.  Probably more like 13 mil.  

So the NYG didn't want to FT Collins because they didn't think he was worth that amount...yeah sure. I imagine they knew this is what it would take and just decided to take the comp pick and run.

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Mack is at 23.5

Elite Edge Rushers are going to get paid close to quarterbacks.

I would totally buy this.

Problem is I would not put any of the FA edge guys or pass rushers on the market in the "elite" category like Mack, Donald, Watt, etc.

It is also why guys like Lawrence, Clowney, Clark, Ford, etc get so hosed when it comes to the franchise tag. They get a one year average of the previous year's market while the lesser guys who hit the market get to re-set the market even higher lol

Landon Collins was the one guy I really wanted in FA this year. Pretty much 50/50 against a Redskins team with little cap and we can't get him. Really upset, don't care what happens in the next few days now of FA. :(

Don't worry guys,  we can still get bell,  mosley,  and trade for OBJ!!! 

Everyone is getting paid. For comparison, Doyle in on a 3 year/$18.9M deal. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Landon Collins was the one guy I really wanted in FA this year. Pretty much 50/50 against a Redskins team with little cap and we can't get him. Really upset, don't care what happens in the next few days now of FA. :(

The redskins severely over paid.   Ballard did the right thing by not signing him