Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering is upon us!

Landon Collins got 2019 top-tier FA pass rusher money to sign.

I bet many of the pass rushers in free agency don't command $14M a year, $45M in the first 3 years or $84M overall.

That is bonkers.

Again, always was a pipe dream.

Best to spend that money elsewhere and possibly on 2-3 other players at that.

• Like 1

Just now, TomDiggs said:

Landon Collins got 2019 top-tier FA pass rusher money to sign.

I bet many of the pass rushers in free agency don't command $14M a year, $45M in the first 3 years or $84M overall.

That is bonkers.

Again, always was a pipe dream.

Best to spend that money elsewhere and possibly on 2-3 other players at that.

I don't think we have seen what top tier pass rusher money is in this market. At this rate...it could start with a 2 instead of a 1.

• Like 3

I don't see Ballard handing out any huge contracts as we have seen with Alexander, Brown, and Collins.  Looks like he will go after mid-tier free agents again after the first wave of free agency, which I am totally fine with.  I don't think I want Mosely if his contract eclipses what Alexander got or Flowers if it is in the $20M/year range.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I don't think we have seen what top tier pass rusher money is in this market. At this rate...it could start with a 2 instead of a 1.

Mack is at 23.5

Elite Edge Rushers are going to get paid close to quarterbacks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

I would definitely not bet against you there lol

These early market deals are always inflated, but my goodness.

If anything, this might mean that the Flowers/Smith/Smith/Houston group is easily in that $15M-$20M a year range and anything less than that is a "value" dare I say lol

3 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

I don't see Ballard handing out any huge contracts as we have seen with Alexander, Brown, and Collins.  Looks like he will go after mid-tier free agents again after the first wave of free agency, which I am totally fine with.  I don't think I want Mosely if his contract eclipses what Alexander got or Flowers if it is in the $20M/year range.  

The market for ILB is set by Luke Kuechly at 12.3 Mil

I really doubt Mosely could legitimately ask for more than 15 Mil.  Probably more like 13 mil.  

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Mack is at 23.5

Elite Edge Rushers are going to get paid close to quarterbacks.

I would totally buy this.

Problem is I would not put any of the FA edge guys or pass rushers on the market in the "elite" category like Mack, Donald, Watt, etc.

It is also why guys like Lawrence, Clowney, Clark, Ford, etc get so hosed when it comes to the franchise tag. They get a one year average of the previous year's market while the lesser guys who hit the market get to re-set the market even higher lol

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Landon Collins was the one guy I really wanted in FA this year. Pretty much 50/50 against a Redskins team with little cap and we can't get him. Really upset, don't care what happens in the next few days now of FA. :(

The redskins severely over paid.   Ballard did the right thing by not signing him

• Like 6