Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmopar

Tampering is upon us!

Recommended Posts

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The raiders are crazy. They are just throwing cash everywhere. They have three 1st rounders they need to build the team with the draft. They are trying to buy a SB.

like I said earlier, they're swinging for the fences for some reason.  History is not on their side when teams do this. Let's see what happens but man I am glad we didn't get Gruden as HC (I will eat my crow, I did want him the year prior to Pagano being fired)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

 

Most likely.
 

 

Ya will be linked to half of these guys and will probably sign a bunch of probably bums like Ryan Grant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

holy crap, no way is he getting that kind of cash
 

 

 

Not too surprising if only because Eric Berry is 30 and making $13M with tons of injury issues. And Reshad Jones is 31 and making $12M and had his own injury issues.

 

So if you're Thomas you start at $15M and then come down. And if you have to take less annually, you still put that $30M figure out there for total.

 

Probably won't get it but it gives you a strong starting point and shows teams you won't be taking some bargain offer so they do not waste their time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya will be linked to half of these guys and will probably sign a bunch of probably bums like Ryan Grant.

most likely. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Is there a certain amount that we Have to spend ?

nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

like I said earlier, they're swinging for the fences for some reason.  History is not on their side when teams do this. Let's see what happens but man I am glad we didn't get Gruden as HC (I will eat my crow, I did want him the year prior to Pagano being fired)

Outside of trading for big name players that's how I build my franchise haha trade your better players but players you dont want for some more draft picks and build your team. I wouldn't be signing all these fa though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twfish said:

Outside of trading for big name players that's how I build my franchise haha trade your better players but players you dont want for some more draft picks and build your team. I wouldn't be signing all these fa though 

Works in Madden perhaps

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

It’s difficult not to chuckle at how easy it is for zero reputation twitter accounts probably run by 10 year olds to get quoted this time of year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

As long as the price isn’t a huge difference the colts have the upper hand here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bertjones7 said:

 

What was the tweet? It has been deleted. 

Sorry, ignore that.  It was a fake account pretending to be Rapport. Said we'd traded our 2nd this year, 3rd this year and 2nd next yr for OBJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Works in Madden perhaps

 

Works wonders in madden haha in my latest I grabbed William's, bosa, josh Allen, sweat, and tillery haha if only if only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Those fake accounts are everywhere. Look for the blue checkmarks.

yeah, I missed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

 

 

Meh. They're probably talking about the fully funded rule, and there's no doubt the Raiders are light on cash, but there's ways around that if they really want someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman said:

 

Meh. They're probably talking about the fully funded rule, and there's no doubt the Raiders are light on cash, but there's ways around that if they really want someone.

Yeah, I'm not fully up on the fully funded thing. I understand the rule, just not sure where the Raiders are sitting numbers wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Is there a certain amount that we Have to spend ?

 

By rule, no. In practice, the Colts rolled forward $50m from 2018, and if they don't use it in 2019 it goes away, so I expect they'll use at least that much. So far, they've committed $12-15m in new money for 2019, then they'll probably use $10m to sign the draft class, so expect at least $25m in free agent cap spending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if the Tampering period began at noon and there are already signings being announced, wasn't there some sort of tampering going on before noon?  I can't imagine a player/agent and team agreeing to something in less than an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

 

Watch out for the Bills.   Because they currently are not a preferred destination the will pay large to get a player they want.  They have in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Yeah, I'm not fully up on the fully funded thing. I understand the rule, just not sure where the Raiders are sitting numbers wise.

 

Yeah we don't know their cash flow situation and I'm not interested enough to figure out how much they've fully guaranteed, but the short version of the rule is every dollar truly guaranteed at signing has to be placed in escrow. 


So if Bell wants three years, $45m, fully guaranteed, the Raiders would have to pay the $45m upon signing. Most of it goes in escrow and is paid on schedule. I could see that being hard for them to meet.

 

But the way around it is to stagger the guaranteed money. Roster bonus goes guaranteed on March 1 2020, another on Sept 1 2020, etc., etc. They could work it out if they wanted. Unless their 2-3 year cash flow is the issue... and that's possible, considering they have to bankroll a move to Vegas soon, they have an expensive lease to stay in Oakland in 2019, and they have to pay a relocation fee (although that's split over ten years), etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sorry, ignore that.  It was a fake account pretending to be Rapport. Said we'd traded our 2nd this year, 3rd this year and 2nd next yr for OBJ

That trade would have truly ticked me off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

So, if the Tampering period began at noon and there are already signings being announced, wasn't there some sort of tampering going on before noon?  I can't imagine a player/agent and team agreeing to something in less than an hour.

 

Tampering begins months before free agency. It heats up at the combine. Then it becomes 'legal' today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Watch out for the Bills.   Because they currently are not a preferred destination the will pay large to get a player they want.  They have in the past.

 

Williams is actually a great fit in BUF. Allen has a huge arm and likes to sling it. Foster and Williams working deep...and Jones working the intermediate. I hope they get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That trade would have truly ticked me off

 

Two 2s and a 3 for OBJ? I mean if both 2s are late...that's not a bad deal at all for a player of OBJ's talent.

 

Though I would much prefer to swap out a 2nd rounder for Brissett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

By rule, no. In practice, the Colts rolled forward $50m from 2018, and if they don't use it in 2019 it goes away, so I expect they'll use at least that much. So far, they've committed $12-15m in new money for 2019, then they'll probably use $10m to sign the draft class, so expect at least $25m in free agent cap spending. 

Great explanation. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

So, if the Tampering period began at noon and there are already signings being announced, wasn't there some sort of tampering going on before noon?  I can't imagine a player/agent and team agreeing to something in less than an hour.

They can talk amongst agents, just not the players themselves I believe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kwon got 4 years 54 million. He’s not all that special 

CJ definitely getting 13 to 16 million 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Kwon got 4 years 54 million. He’s not all that special 

CJ definitely getting 13 to 16 million 

 

Kwon definitely got paaaaaaid.

 

Mosley's market is going to balloon. Good for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Kwon got 4 years 54 million. He’s not all that special 

CJ definitely getting 13 to 16 million 

 

Wow. Let the market settle and see what they can get Jordan Hicks for. $14M/year for a LB like Alexander is a lot of money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine what the colts are going to have to pay Leonard in a couple of years. He is going to be a very rich man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Kwon got 4 years 54 million. He’s not all that special 

CJ definitely getting 13 to 16 million 

I give up. I know nothing about anything to do with FA. How are those mediocre players getting signed to this type of deals? wth is happening? Ballard probably is sitting on the sidelines for the first round of contracts... understandably so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine what the colts are going to have to pay Leonard in a couple of years. He is going to be a very rich man.

yep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine what the colts are going to have to pay Leonard in a couple of years. He is going to be a very rich man.

Was literally thinking the same thing..  Scary thought 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stitches said:

I give up. I know nothing about anything to do with FA. How are those mediocre players getting signed to this type of deals? wth is happening? Ballard probably is sitting on the sidelines for the first round of contracts... understandably so. 

Because the top 10 teams in salary cap had nearly 2 billion dollars they have to blow by the end of the 2020 league year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • He’ll be remembered that way by you others who think that.   But not by others who don’t see it that way, at all. And there are plenty of people who don’t see it that way.   
    • I think you play the regulars. If guys are hurt maybe you don't push it and play them like you would if you are in the playoff mix.   I know JMV has suggested playing Chad Kelly but I probably wouldn't. I see him as the back-up at best over Brian Hoyer going forward. Maybe you want to play him to evaluate that possibility but the Colts likely have a good idea on this already.   Whether it's Jacoby or Chad Kelly I don't think either one will change how the Colts move forward at the quarterback position.   I believe Jacoby is due a signing bonus before free agency begins that will essentially lock him onto the roster for 2020. I expect the Colts to pick that up. Jacoby will be the starter again in 2020. The Colts will try and improve the receiver group and hope to be healthier next year.   They probably want to upgrade that position if the right player is available in the draft and if he is they take him and he is the backup next year to Jacoby.    There really isn't a lot of young guys not playing already. With so many injuries, especially on offense, they have to play who is healthy and don't have much of a choice who to play in some cases. 
    • You mean the TY who called out his whole offense line after Jacoby got sacked 10 times against Jacksonville in 2017?  Every now and then TY will go there....
    • Well, what I expected to see, has so far shown itself. The third option is what I expected the majority to pick. 
    • Well, I thought realistic options. My bad. I could also have included Hoyer being subbed in as the starter...because someone might consider it an option, right? True
  • Members

    • chad72

      chad72 10,367

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 555

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsva

      coltsva 1,406

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TyTheGhost13

      TyTheGhost13 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ar7

      ar7 378

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 2,924

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • teagenb_aggie1

      teagenb_aggie1 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • hoosierhawk

      hoosierhawk 518

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 2,356

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 12,038

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...