Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmopar

Tampering is upon us!

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Schefter is the most reliable reporter out there. There might be something there... 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine what the colts are going to have to pay Leonard in a couple of years. He is going to be a very rich man.

And worth every damn penny. Alexander is great when he's on. Injury history is scary though.

Not everyday one of the threads I start makes twitter. :td:

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Schefter is the most reliable reporter out there. There might be something there... 

If its the REAL one lol.  Both CR91 and me have fallen to the fake account posts today.

If we can get a WR and a guy like Collins in this first round I will be happy. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Not everyday one of the threads I start makes twitter. :td:

If its the REAL one lol.  Both CR91 and me have fallen to the fake account posts today.

That would be awesome

1 minute ago, csmopar said:
Both CR91 and me have fallen to the fake account posts today.

I've done it myself...

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'll be surprised if he's not a Colt.  

All these players getting overpaid is why ballard sits out this first wave of free agency for the most part.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

OBJ to 49ers?

Im seeing a lot of things about this..  Idk if its officially true yet but we will see

Just now, #12. said:

I'll be surprised if he's not a Colt.  

Don't be surprised. Ballard doesn't splurge... and Collins will require a big splurge it seems. 

Just now, stitches said:

Don't be surprised. Ballard doesn't splurge... and Collins will require a big splurge it seems. 

You can certainly do one.

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

OBJ to 49ers?

Link?  I've seen everyone from the Jets, to Colts, to Raiders, to Patriots to the 49ers listed as trade partners by several places.

Yup, and the Redskins love giving big paydays to defensive players. Although I don't know how much they have to spend.

Well, looking at next years FA, we HAVE to spend at least 25-50 mil yet this year on top of next year's re-signings to hit the 89% mark at the close of 2020.  At least from what I was understanding math wise 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

I give up. I know nothing about anything to do with FA. How are those mediocre players getting signed to this type of deals? wth is happening? Ballard probably is sitting on the sidelines for the first round of contracts... understandably so. 

If not for the injury, I prefer Kwon to CJ. More range, better in coverage. But $13.5m/year seems steep.

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's not on Schefter's timeline. Maybe he said it on TV...

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yup, and the Redskins love giving big paydays to defensive players. Although I don't know how much they have to spend.

Redskins have $13m. Be tough to sign him and then draft... anyone.

I think it's just the new NFL, average guys get paid what stars did about a decade ago.

A no name who was around average will get 10+ a year nowadays.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He said prior to the draft that playing for the Redskins was his dream but the Colts offer the best chance of winning.

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

I give up. I know nothing about anything to do with FA. How are those mediocre players getting signed to this type of deals? wth is happening? Ballard probably is sitting on the sidelines for the first round of contracts... understandably so. 

I smiled at this. I share your sentiment.

Every time I come on here and say "I like Player X, but I would not pay $XX Million for them" I get a bunch of comments along the lines of "Welcome to 2019" or "You have to spend money to get these guys" or "We have over $100M in cap space. now is not the time to be cheap", etc etc etc

I am glad Ballard is fiscally conservative.

After these first few days settle and we miss on some of the big names that get these massive overly inflated deals, we will then have a ton of money to suck up multiple middle tier guys and build a much more solid team....team being the operative word.

I would be fine w a splurge or two, but I would never pay Kwon or even Mosley or Hicks $10M a year, let alone $13.5M. That money could be better spent elsewhere.

Let the fun begin :-)

I guess I was wrong about Ballards interest in Collins it seems......

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So it won't be more than ~13M....  since Washington can't outbid us for more... lol... 

I wouldn't mind Collins, but I'd be annoyed for some reason if it's for monster money.

Probably seen every nyg game the last decade and he definitely wasn't as good as years past last year, but I don't have any insider knowledge obviously.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

thought some humor would be enjoyed.

I don't even wanna think what Q will get in a few years... Probably the first 100M guard with today's pricing.

Overall the way Collins plays does fit the way we do things.  Just has coverage issues.

I don't see him going to Washington.  They don't even know who their QB is.

Give me Collins, mosley, bell,  flowers,  and trade for OBJ and I'll be happy!! 

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Give me Collins, mosley, bell,  flowers,  and trade for OBJ and I'll be happy!! 

You can't possibly think that is possible

We'll see about the Ballard doesn't splurge thing.  I still think it was mainly a myth built on the fact free agents were turning down a 4-12 team who hadn't made the playoffs in three years and whose QB's future was in serious doubt.  4-12 with no QB in Miami or LA is one thing.  Going to the same situation in Indy is another.

1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

You can't possibly think that is possible

Well it actually is possible very possible.  But,  it was sarcasm anyways!