Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly OUT

MarquisJ

5 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Yikes - I think we manage and get through. However, having Geathers, Walker, Glowinski, and maybe Ebron shouldn’t be over looked. Pretty dang healthy overall for it being week 17

That's definitely true, we can't complain about how injured we are like the last few years.

7 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

What is the advantage to stating this now?  They arent showing their cards about Mariota, etc.

its because of the leagues injury report rules.  if they know kelly is definitely going to be out then they have to say so now, or they could get in trouble 

Mariota is still questionable, they dont have to say until game time for him.

i think these rules are mostly for gambling spreads but they dont come out and say that.  in theory you could just list everyone as questionable, but the league would take notice and probably come after you with fines for false injury reports

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

What is the advantage to stating this now?  They arent showing their cards about Mariota, etc.

For better or worse, it seems like Mariota's gonna play. Kelly, however, is dealing with a neck issue, & didn't practice all week, so it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'd be out.

16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

For better or worse, it seems like Mariota's gonna play. Kelly, however, is dealing with a neck issue, & didn't practice all week, so it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'd be out.

Geathers hasn’t practiced in 2 weeks and is listed at questionable. What do you think the difference is?

20 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Geathers hasn’t practiced in 2 weeks and is listed at questionable. What do you think the difference is?

To me the difference is Geathers has played without practicing while Kelly hasnt this season. If Kelly misses every practice it pretty much means he wont be able to play as he would rather practice than not able to. Geathers has rested a lot more often and is fine without practicing and still playing

26 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Geathers likely will be a game day decision. Its also possible his injury isnt as bad as kelly's or they want to keep Kelly resting just incase. it is weird though

1 hour ago, adubb84 said:

Geathers isn't dealing with a neck injury, plus he practiced today. You have to take into consideration that Ryan Kelly is engaged in brute contact on every single play as well, & he could easily injure himself further by practicing or playing before he's 100%.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Geathers likely will be a game day decision. Its also possible his injury isnt as bad as kelly's or they want to keep Kelly resting just incase. it is weird though

For sure weird in any case. If I’m a betting man I think he plays and gives it a go 

26 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Geathers isn't dealing with a neck injury, plus he practiced today. You have to take into consideration that Ryan Kelly is engaged in brute contact on every single play as well, & he could easily injure himself further by practicing or playing before he's 100%.

Makes sense now. As the OP said, it’s just more rest for Kelly for our super bowl run :rock:

Glow is back so that helps.  In watching haeg and boehm the last couple weeks, I'm not a fan.  Too many whiffs from both imo, so glow is a big returning key. 

Kelly missing games is getting old.  Only thing that gives me slight pause when his contract is up and he goes after a huge deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Casey, Orakpo, and Logan Ryan are all OUT for the Titans. 

And Conklin. They are incredibly banged up in this game. Even if Hilton and Ebron were out...Colts are probably still in better shape healthwise.

I don't think this game will be easy...but I think the Colts will make it look easier than it was.

• Like 1