Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeterBowman

Green Bay fires Mike McCarthy

lol and the talk all week about GB was "can Rogers still lead the Pack to the playoffs."...geuss the answer is no.

No surprise he was fired. He will get another job easily though as soon as he wants one. Perhaps he reunites with John Dorsey in Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Wow. And here I thought Colts fans were having a bad day...

Bears lost to the Giants too but it is still a bad day when Andrew gets shut out.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bears lost to the Giants too but it is still a bad day when Andrew gets shut out.

Truth brother. This ones gonna sting for awhile... sigh... 

27 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Truth brother. This ones gonna sting for awhile... sigh... 

Just a weird football day all around

The Packers will screw it up. Probably hire an assistant like they hired a GM who was an office boy. Atleast they actually fired the guy whose job was open unlike the “former” GM (I have a feeling he’s still calling the shots). Boomer had a good point though on the CBS postgame. He said McCarthy was just over it way before Rodgers was and that his next job will be somewhere where he gets to be in charge of the team even if he’s not the GM.

I wouldn’t worry about the Bears. The Giants have proved lately that they’re not quitting and their backup had the game won but he just didn’t quite make that last play. If I had to pick something to worry about it would be the fact that they blew it calling an aggressive clutch play after they were roasted for calling a conservative play against the Dolphins.

The Colts didn’t break today. They were so mad after that game today that I think they might even be stronger. I say the Colts don’t lose another game this season.

Next for the Packers? Harbaugh? McDaniel? Maybe an assistant from the Saints?

"Sunday, Bloody Sunday"

7 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Wow. And here I thought Colts fans were having a bad day...

Packer fans had a GOOD DAY TODAY!

A much needed change is now taking place. Hopefully a new GM also and I hope Rogers has a lot of input to who he'd like brought in and system etc....

He's too good to be surrounded by incompetents.

It looks like there will be lots of coaching vacancies, even some we may not expect. I like continuity. As bad as the Vikings have looked at times, I am not ready to change regimes and start all over again. 

McCarthy had worn out his welcome. 13 years is a long time. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It looks like there will be lots of coaching vacancies, even some we may not expect. I like continuity. As bad as the Vikings have looked at times, I am not ready to change regimes and start all over again. 

looks like Mustache man will finally have a different Coach :thmup:. Pagano is out there :strong:

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

3rd longest tenured coach right behind Hoodie... and yours truly, Marvin (the man) Lewis :funny: 

14 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Packer fans had a GOOD DAY TODAY!

A much needed change is now taking place. Hopefully a new GM also and I hope Rogers has a lot of input to who he'd like brought in and system etc....

He's too good to be surrounded by incompetents.

Wow, that is not what was said of McCarthy when the Packers won a super bowl and reached the playoffs 9 times out of 13 years. 

Letting Rogers make the decisions would be a mistake.

22 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

lol and the talk all week about GB was "can Rogers still lead the Pack to the playoffs."...geuss the answer is no.

Rodgers can still lead his team to the playoffs. He just has to buy them tickets, same as the rest of us.

I will be interested to see how the Packers and Rodgers fair without McCarthy and how McCarthy fairs with his new team.

For me, I think McCarthy did a lot more for the Packers, than he is given credit. 

He’s right...but don’t be a 17 year old girl about it and post confrontational social media posts that you don’t backup in real life jeeze.

My opinion on McCarthy hasn’t changed. He was a good coach who got complacent after the Chiefs beat the Packers in 2011. If I had to pick a gripe it would be his preparation for big games which you can trace back to before Rodgers. They got blew out several time his first year, then were 1-2 in big games with Favre bailing them out in the 1 win if you remember.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:26 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

3rd longest tenured coach right behind Hoodie... and yours truly, Marvin (the man) Lewis :funny: 

Marvin Lewis will still be coaching the Bengals long after the nuclear apocalypse.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:35 PM, ar7 said:

No surprise he was fired. He will get another job easily though as soon as he wants one. Perhaps he reunites with John Dorsey in Cleveland.

I was pondering that exact thought.

125 - 77 - 2 record. Not bad.  But sometimes, it becomes necessary for parties to move on. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, ar7 said:

That is being tossed around the media.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:42 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I was pondering that exact thought.

125 - 77 - 2 record. Not bad.  But sometimes, it becomes necessary for parties to move on. 

This is very likely to happen. 

I like Baker so I hope they don't hire McCarthy.

I think it's better for the game the less McCarthy's there are as HCs. But he won a SB so he will get another HC job.