Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Braden Smith named starting RG

TKnight24

20 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Gotta see what the kid has... If the Front Office sees no potential, we can go fishing in the 2019 Draft.  I am hoping he has what it takes and we will remember this experience gained in his rookie year, when we are making that Super Bowl run in 2020:thmup:

He better shine, you don't take a pick that high on the offensive line and expect him to be a bust

55 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

So that means the starting line (assuming AC is healthy and Good is ready to come back) is 

AC-Nelson-Kelly-Smith-Good

Thats 3 first rounders, and 4 guys selected in the top 37.

Cant say the colts haven’t been trying to fix the Oline 

Is it's time to just stay healthy and gel

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Nice. I know he played well at RT on Thursday but I still think his ceiling is higher at his natural position of RG. Plus Good is solid at RT, but for how long he stays healthy is the big question.

Good has been awful at RT. I would rather see Clark shift over to the right if AC gets the start at LT.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Real shame Slauson got hurt, but here is Smith's chance to secure a spot on the line. Now the question is who starts at RT? Clark or Good

Good is listed as the starter.

27 minutes ago, bsteves said:

Good has been awful at RT. I would rather see Clark shift over to the right if AC gets the start at LT.

When was the last time you actually watched a game where Good started RT?  He has been getting better and better over the last 2 years.  Last year he was our second best lineman.  His problem is being injury prone.

Now, i'm not saying we couldn't upgrade him in the draft, but as of right now,...he's the 2nd best tackle we have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

When was the last time you actually watched a game where Good started RT?  He has been getting better and better over the last 2 years.  Last year he was our second best lineman.  His problem is being injury prone.

Now, i'm not saying we couldn't upgrade him in the draft, but as of right now,...he's the 2nd best tackle we have.

The last time? The Texans game.. he was horrible. He got man handled.

And I don't agree with him being our 2nd best lineman last year. He wasn't better than AC, Mewhort or Kelly. 

12 minutes ago, bsteves said:

The last time? The Texans game.. he was horrible. He got man handled.

And I don't agree with him being our 2nd best lineman last year. He wasn't better than AC, Mewhort or Kelly. 

Go look at the numbers...6 games he played, he gave up 1 1/2 sacks.  And fewer pressures per snap that only other lineman on the team. (Kelly sucked last year btw)

The texans game he did give up a sack..1 bad play.  (Watt's been eating pro-bowlers up the last 3 weeks...even La'el Collins gave up a sack and a ton of pressures to Watt this past week) The other sack Watt had was on Slauson on a stunt.  Clark and Nelson BOTH gave up more pressures that day than Good did. Clowney was eating them up the entire game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Go look at the numbers...6 games he played, he gave up 1 1/2 sacks.  And fewer pressures per snap that only other lineman on the team. (Kelly sucked last year btw)

The texans game he did give up a sack..1 bad play.  (Watt's been eating pro-bowlers up the last 3 weeks...even La'el Collins gave up a sack and a ton of pressures to Watt this past week) The other sack Watt had was on Slauson on a stunt.  Clark and Nelson BOTH gave up more pressures that day than Good did. Clowney was eating them up the entire game.

Those numbers are correct in the 6 games he started only 5. Was hurt and only played 6 total games. Yeah he is what we need at RT... 

18 hours ago, Introspect said:

Gotta see what the kid has... If the Front Office sees no potential, we can go fishing in the 2019 Draft.  I am hoping he has what it takes and we will remember this experience gained in his rookie year, when we are making that Super Bowl run in 2020:thmup:

2019 draft: OL and Defense, nothing else :)

16 hours ago, bsteves said:

Truthfully, neither Good, Haeg, or Clark are the answer at RT. That’s been apparent for a few years now. The answer for RT is Dalton Risner, Jonah Williams, David Edwards, Greg Little, or someone else from the 2019 draft. If we’re talking long term that is. Short term, Good might be the best option until then.

54 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Truthfully, neither Good, Haeg, or Clark are the answer at RT. That’s been apparent for a few years now. The answer for RT is Dalton Risner, Jonah Williams, David Edwards, Greg Little, or someone else from the 2019 draft. If we’re talking long term that is. Short term, Good might be the best option until then.

I agree.

18 hours ago, a06cc said:

I’m sorry, but Good isn’t the answer at RT

I don't think he was meant to be. Clearly we had hopes for Webb or Haeg to man that position...but injuries blew that up as usual. I'd anticipate one of our two 2nd round picks next year being a RT.....probably the other a corner...and the first round pick a DE. I'm hoping the 2019 draft plus free agency is when the team finally has put together enough pieces to turn things around and become a threat again.

3 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

2019 draft: OL and Defense, nothing else :)

It's like a broken record lol...we've all been saying this for years. I'm adding a corner to the draft as well. Thinking we use free agency to fill out that other safety and wr spot for us. Thinking we might save some money for our own guys as we will have a few that will need re-signing in the future.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

It's like a broken record lol...we've all been saying this for years. I'm adding a corner to the draft as well. Thinking we use free agency to fill out that other safety and wr spot for us. Thinking we might save some money for our own guys as we will have a few that will need re-signing in the future.

FA Wishlist

LeVeon Bell

WR

OL

Extend Ebron to 4 year deal

CB

Save the rest for the draft picks and re-signing other players 

On 10/9/2018 at 6:23 PM, Lawrence Owen said:

Yeah outside of injuries I don’t quite understand the hate Good gets, the guy’s been more than serviceable when he’s healthy. Colts fans really seem to have this “grass is always greener” mentality when it comes to OTs.

• Like 3

On 10/9/2018 at 6:46 PM, NorthernBlue said:

So that means the starting line (assuming AC is healthy and Good is ready to come back) is 

AC-Nelson-Kelly-Smith-Good

Thats 3 first rounders, and 4 guys selected in the top 37.

Cant say the colts haven’t been trying to fix the Oline 

I haven’t sent anybody try to make that point for a really long time now. 

The point we should be considering, however, is what’s the answer if that still doesn’t actually fix the problem?

The pass blocking has been better, but that also has to do with the offensive system. Deep drops have been eliminated and getting the ball out quicker has become the main focus. 

But the run blocking, sheesh. It hasn’t improved a bit. 

I still maintain what I’ve said for years: the college game is neutering the NFL up front. Linemen are not coming to this league with the adequate skills to match up against their defensive counterparts. The athletic builds of defensive front players has surpassed that of the offensive linemen at the NFL level. It’s less of a problem in college where you see a wider range of talent, but up at the top where the cream rises to, it’s a magnified issue. 

The quality of offensive line play has steadily become more and more of an issue for teams over the last decade all across the league. 

• Like 1