Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like Gronkowski will play tonight

Ratking

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Bro, they're not that good.  Their defense is atrocious.  They had one good game.  You're all caught up in the myth of the Patriot Way.

And I like to hear this coming from you because I know you know the game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Remember the days when we walked around with middle fingers raised at the Patriots?  We were hopeful we'd win, but if not, we'd never miss a chance to give a middle finger and choice words to Patriot fans.  Now it's just like people are asking permission to not lose badly.  Makes the rest of us look bad.

i still do that !! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, krunk said:

That's all it is is myth for the most part.  We can roll with them boys as long we don't play stupid football.  Their personell is not that good.

Our losses are because we shot ourselves in the foot.  I'll even count the Texans loss as a gamble that just didn't go our way.  Both the Philly and Bengals games should have been won.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ratking said:

I agree. I never root for someone to get injured... But if Geathers lights up Gronkowski and he tweaks his ankle injury, I won't be sad.

There’s always a heightened risk of re-injury with an ankle that isn’t 100%. If it was bad enough to hold him out of most of the game Sunday and practice on the short week then it’s not 100%. If he had been a full go in practice I’d say that they just sat him Sunday as precaution. 

It’s definitely something worth watching. 

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Our losses are because we shot ourselves in the foot.  I'll even count the Texans loss as a gamble that just didn't go our way.  Both the Philly and Bengals games should have been won.

If not for that stupid fumble on the goal line that Texans game is ours.   I didn't really like going full spread on the goal line there but that's water under the bridge.  Not like we could run the ball either.  It's stuff like that and the strip fumble in the red zone.   You have to avoid stuff like that against New England. It's common sense stuff.

Just now, krunk said:

If not for that stupid fumble on the goal line that Texans game is ours.   I didn't really like going full spread on the goal line there but that's water under the bridge.  Not like we could run the ball either.

That's my one gripe.  Sometimes it just looks like we don't have backs who can run through the line with any strength.  Other times, we're just terrible run blocking.  I can't tell who's the bigger culprit, but it absolutely needs to be fixed this offseason.  With all the draft picks on the line, I'm leaning toward using a higher pick on RB.  Problem is, we have just as big a need at WR.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Bro, they're not that good.  Their defense is atrocious.  They had one good game.  You're all caught up in the myth of the Patriot Way.

I'm not overly sure it matters who's got the deeper roster, because of injuries on the Colts side and the top heavy nature of the Pats (Brady, Gronk, Edelman). Their defense played 50 snaps on Sunday, gave up zero points while it counted. The Colts played 70 min and like 90 snaps.

I hope you guys are right and I'm totally wrong, but I can't help but think this is sort of whistling past the grave. Maybe the Pats end up playing mediocre ball or Luck is on fire, but as it stands, the injury list alone is enough evidence for me that this is going to be an uphill affair. 

29 minutes ago, krunk said:

If not for that stupid fumble on the goal line that Texans game is ours.   I didn't really like going full spread on the goal line there but that's water under the bridge.  Not like we could run the ball either.  It's stuff like that and the strip fumble in the red zone.   You have to avoid stuff like that against New England. It's common sense stuff.

I understand your point but Kelly has to make that snap. He’s done it prob 1,000 times in his football career. That type of thing cannot happen whether we are on our 1yrd line or theirs.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Anddd edleman is coming back. This going to be ugly. We have our number 3 and number 4 corners also going against the likes of dorset,Hogan,Gordon. Gonna be ugly

I'll be shocked if Colts hold the Pats to 30 points with their depleted secondary.

And I'll be shocked if the Colts score more than 30 points with their depleted O-line.

That's what it will take to win. I don't see it happening.

Here’s hoping Leonard and Walker can slow him down. I don’t think we’ll win, but I’m hoping beyond all hope that it’s a good game so all the people saying it will be a blowout on social media can eat crow. It’ll be fun, and if Andrew can continue on last weeks performance and we get anything resembling a rushing attack, we should keep it close. I predict 31-24 Pats as the final score, could be off a touchdown on either. If we win, I think the world will finally take notice and respect us again. “The Rivalry is Back On”:coltslogo:

It doesn't look good on paper, but who knows. Maybe Margus Hunt goes off and rattles Brady's bones so bad he can't stop shaking. Maybe Turay helps out and he combined with Leonard finally put an end to the Pats running on us so much. 

I'm hoping we can make a game of it, and to watch Luck continue to improve. No injuries, no interceptions, fewer mistakes. 

Crazier things have happened before right?

6 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

This is incorrect.  Here's to hoping for a Colts W and having belief in our team!  Go Colts!

Not disagreeing with those stats. I was referring to the last couple a years. With a dinged Luck or no Luck, the colts have been pretty bad. Hope tonight they get this season going in the right direction. 

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Colts are most likely gonna get spanked tonight and if colts lose tonight season is all but over.

Way to overreact. 1-4 is NOT a death sentence, especially for such a young team with a lot of question marks coming into the season (Luck's health, new coaching staff, etc). I have been more than pleasantly surprised by how we look so far. And with this past game proving that vintage Andrew Luck is still there guiding us, I really think that if we can slowly put everything together, we can go on a significant run.

The next three games are against some pretty bad teams and we can theoretically win all three coming off a mini-bye week where we regain some of our health!

Now I am NOT expecting us to make the playoffs but its not over. 

3 hours ago, coltsfan77 said:

Not disagreeing with those stats. I was referring to the last couple a years. With a dinged Luck or no Luck, the colts have been pretty bad. Hope tonight they get this season going in the right direction. 

I hope this is the game that starts the fire for this team. The conditions seem right.  With our recent loss, all our injuries, and our beat downs by the Pat's, it just feels like the time is right!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, masnerj said:

Way to overreact. 1-4 is NOT a death sentence, especially for such a young team with a lot of question marks coming into the season (Luck's health, new coaching staff, etc). I have been more than pleasantly surprised by how we look so far. And with this past game proving that vintage Andrew Luck is still there guiding us, I really think that if we can slowly put everything together, we can go on a significant run.

The next three games are against some pretty bad teams and we can theoretically win all three coming off a mini-bye week where we regain some of our health!

Now I am NOT expecting us to make the playoffs but its not over. 

1-4 normally doesn't come close to making the playoffs and if colts cant start running the ball a lot better their not winning many more games this year nobody fears this offense right now.