Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WOW Nobody seem to see us winning this Sunday.

HOF19

On 9/14/2018 at 9:04 PM, VaAllDay757 said:

He only ran when no one is open smith is not that type of qb to use his legs that often he's nicknamed captain check down for a reason he's not that big of threat do your research

Which QB was #1 in deep ball accuracy (56.5%) and yards (1344) last year?  Yes, Mr. Alex Smith.

Smith had so many OC's in his first few years, I was pretty sure he never got a full playbook install, just the 'easier / shorter' stuff.  Then get a new OC. That and less than stellar WR's most of the time. Thus the ability he developed to widely distribute the ball with accuracy and with few turnovers.  He's always had the ability to use his feet if necessary, and with his experience and knowledge of about every Offensive system and verbiage, can now quickly adapt and open up the OC's playbooks now.  He is underrated by about everyone. But Jay Gruden himself believes the Redskins have improved at QB this year.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

He is Taylor made for the West Coast O

Yes, and more.  He's been around the block a few times now.

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am picking us to win again this week. I just think its a must win because going 0-2 with Philly on the schedule in Week 3 is rough. I think we bring our 'A' game tomorrow and pull one out 24-23.

From my viewpoint, Washington has a better, and also healthier, roster than us right now.  Sure, if we can catch a break or two, we could pull this out.  It's exactly what we fans hope and cheer for.  OTOH, if there are no breaks' falling our way, I can see Washington approaching 30 some points, and we struggle and fight to get around 20 on the road. I hope for the breaks making for an exciting upset victory.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, PrincetonTiger said:

My issue is/was using it to critique the players 

the same way I put the things said by guys like Trent Green over the words of a talking head like Colin Cowherd

Just put your head phones on  T and relax to Pink Floyd's song " Us and Them" 

On 9/14/2018 at 7:36 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I would say this too, but with Costanzo out, it will be a difficult task to consistently block them. I believe they will get a lot of pressure and a few sacks on Sunday on Luck. Lets hope for the best though. I think if we win, we will have pulled off an upset victory.

Listen to the OG next time I speak on this stuff lil homie! Colts got it done today.........And this was no upset, we were just better than them. This was no deal where we played above our talent level for one game. We were just better than them! That was my take going into the game and why I down played Washington.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Which QB was #1 in deep ball accuracy (56.5%) and yards (1344) last year?  Yes, Mr. Alex Smith.

Smith had so many OC's in his first few years, I was pretty sure he never got a full playbook install, just the 'easier / shorter' stuff.  Then get a new OC. That and less than stellar WR's most of the time. Thus the ability he developed to widely distribute the ball with accuracy and with few turnovers.  He's always had the ability to use his feet if necessary, and with his experience and knowledge of about every Offensive system and verbiage, can now quickly adapt and open up the OC's playbooks now.  He is underrated by about everyone. But Jay Gruden himself believes the Redskins have improved at QB this year.

Yes, and more.  He's been around the block a few times now.

From my viewpoint, Washington has a better, and also healthier, roster than us right now.  Sure, if we can catch a break or two, we could pull this out.  It's exactly what we fans hope and cheer for.  OTOH, if there are no breaks' falling our way, I can see Washington approaching 30 some points, and we struggle and fight to get around 20 on the road. I hope for the breaks making for an exciting upset victory.

Fact is for 3 quarters , the Redskins got all the breaks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

I see 'our' regular armchair 'expert' struck gold yet again. Comedy genius.

I am not going to give anyone a hard time this week for picking against us. Although about 80% in here did. I can see why they did though and I picked us to win last week and got burnt myself. I really didn't think we would start 0-2 though. I thought we looked good last week was 1 reason why and the other reason why is, I just figured the team knew starting 0-2 would be devastating with Philly coming up next. I think we are an Above Average team as in 9-7 possibly, most don't. We have a Very Good QB, Great at times and our Defense is better this year. I also like Reich as a Coach.

On 9/14/2018 at 2:40 PM, HOF19 said:

Sporting News , ESPN, The entire CBS staff...… The entire USA Today staff ….. all picking the Skins to win. Are we being written off already ????????? ( As in it is a wait until next year as far as the national NFL Media is concerned ).

I also saw somebody already has us pick fourth in the 2019 draft...more lazy, uninformed analysis.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 3:08 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Well, hopefully nobody puts a gun to my head about it because then I'd have to get my gun and... well it could get messy and then I'd probably miss the Colts game.

personally though I am picking the Colts to win this game.  While Kerrigan is better than anyone on the Bengals line, I think overall the Bengals from 7 is better than the Redskins front 7.  I also don't think Washington has any receivers that are going to challenge the safeties which means Geathers can spend more time supporting the run defense.

Peterson and Thompson were responsible for 70% of Washington's yards.  Because they are the two best weapons.

There are a bunch of other reasons that, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I don't have time to go into now.

But I think the Colts will win by a 10-14 points.

Nice call!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 8:56 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, Webb and Clark are out this week. We have no tackles, the ones that will play will taste like chicken to the Redskins. Braden Smith will be used out of position at RT most likely, and Haeg isn't good at all. The pass rush will destroy us. The interior line may be able to hold their D_line somewhat, but we can't defend their pass rush.

Pretty far off on this one...reload for next week.  Haeg is playing great but stick to your narrative.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not going to give anyone a hard time this week for picking against us. Although about 80% in here did. I can see why they did though and I picked us to win last week and got burnt myself. I really didn't think we would start 0-2 though. I thought we looked good last week was 1 reason why and the other reason why is, I just figured the team knew starting 0-2 would be devastating with Philly coming up next. I think we are an Above Average team as in 9-7 possibly, most don't. We have a Very Good QB, Great at times and our Defense is better this year. I also like Reich as a Coach.

I was not particularly confident (50 50 really), but I would not sound off with such arrogant know it all assessments of what will happen. We all know the NFL is very unpredictable......

On 9/14/2018 at 2:40 PM, HOF19 said:

Sporting News , ESPN, The entire CBS staff...… The entire USA Today staff ….. all picking the Skins to win. Are we being written off already ????????? ( As in it is a wait until next year as far as the national NFL Media is concerned ).

It amazes me these people get paid big money to make these predictions. I honestly do not think they know much about our team. They just look at 4-12 last season and roll with it. This isn't last year and I am really convinced now we won't be worse than 8-8 if Luck stays healthy all season. That USA Today clown that picked us to win 2 games really has no clue. Not trying to be mean but that prediction was ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I was not particularly confident (50 50 really), but I would not sound off with such arrogant know it all assessments of what will happen. We all know the NFL is very unpredictable......

I wasn't 100% sure we would win either but I thought we would win. I would not of bet money on it though because we have had some strange bad luck in games lately. Like last week, Doyle fumbles once a year on the norm and he did last week, otherwise we would be 2-0.

23 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Our D surprised me! Our O was right about what I thought it is at this point (should get better though). If the D can sustain, we should give teams fits and win our fair share.

I don't think anyone expected our D to play that kind of game.