Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/2/2018

TKnight24

They’re also showing the defense what “effort” looks like by watching teams that have played this scheme before - Indy under Dungy, etc.

This might be the first time in human history a coach who was teaching what to do on defense showed a Colts tape.

50 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Hopefully Quincy will live up to his potential. If you look at the dominant defenses over the years (Seahawks, broncos, last year’s Vikings, saints, and chargers) they all had elite CB play. Even PFF said CBs are the most important position on the defense. Right now I think CB is our weakest position on the defense so we need someone to step up.

I think all 3 phases/levels (interior dline, passrush, pass defense) are equally important. The Broncos defense was a bottom 10 defense in 2013, and a middle of the pack defense in 2014 with Von Miller, Chris Harris, Roby, etc. already on board. Wade Phillips made them historically good when he found Derek Wolfe and Malick Jackson in the inside. (And Ware in the outside of course.)

Anyway, without a distruptive front, no secondary can hold against the pass nowadays. The QB must be put under pressure, otherwise better backup QBs can pick apart a good secondary. (Foles, hmm....)

I'm not saying a good secondary is not a must. But I belive, that with Hooker and Geathers + Wilson and Desir on board, this secondary can be fine, altough thin. If someone goes down, there will be trouble there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

Jacoby Brissett has been killing it in camp it seems like. Seems better than last year. I think that shows how much better the new offense is. If he kills it in the preseason do you think we could potentially trade him for a 2019 2nd?

I agree with you and just to add on. this is also what an off-season can do for him as well. People kept bashing brissett because of the bad throws which led to picks or the sacks he took. But they kept forgetting that he never had an off-season with the team

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Had the colts drafted Josh Jackson, We would not have been able to draft Braden Smith. By the looks of things, CB made the right choice.

Possibly, but Jackson would have likely started opposite Quincy while smith is a backup. Jackson was known for his zone coverage skills 

1 hour ago, Savage said:

I wonder how Jackson's doing..

From 247sports.com:

"Jackson still has a ways to go before he can make an impact with the Packers. During the one-on-one drills, Jackson got beat a couple times by Cobb, who had ankle surgery over the summer. Overall, Jackson was able to get a lot of work in on Saturday, but he will need to continue to improve in order to see a lot of playing time this fall."

10 hours ago, krunk said:

I've always thought Chris Milton was trash.

I understand what you are saying, but i've always found it funny when people call any NFL player "trash."   "Trash" doesnt make it to this level of the game, imo.  But i understand what you are trying to convey.

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I understand what you are saying, but i've always found it funny when people call any NFL player "trash."   "Trash" doesnt make it to this level of the game, imo.  But i understand what you are trying to convey.

He's NFL level trash. No more than a backup

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

He's NFL level trash. No more than a backup

"NFL level trash" is funny toobut i get ur drift. I havent seen enuff if him to have an opinion, but .........

i dont know why, but it reminds me of someone calling a 10 million dollar home a "shack" because it is surrounded by 20 million dollar homes.  Haha 

but, in the end, i guess we want our Colt's "street"to be FULL of 20 million dollar homes. But this is hard, cuz the homeowners association put a cap on total spending of construction costs in the "neighborhood", so i guess some "shacks" are inevitable.

11 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Hopefully Quincy will live up to his potential. If you look at the dominant defenses over the years (Seahawks, broncos, last year’s Vikings, saints, and chargers) they all had elite CB play. Even PFF said CBs are the most important position on the defense. Right now I think CB is our weakest position on the defense so we need someone to step up.

I think I heard this on an interview from Howie Roseman that his winning formula addressed DE before CB.  It makes sense to me because the DE gets after the QB.  Just my 2 cents. 

2 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think I heard this on an interview from Howie Roseman that his winning formula addressed DE before CB.  It makes sense to me because the DE gets after the QB.  Just my 2 cents. 

Pff’s reasoning was that a Good DE will only Impact the passing game a few times a game with pressures whereas a good CB will affect the passing game every single play. 

3 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Pff’s reasoning was that a Good DE will only Impact the passing game a few times a game with pressures whereas a good CB will affect the passing game every single play. 

Not if the qb has all day to pick apart the D. 

21 hours ago, Savage said:

I wonder how Jackson's doing..

I wander how the Colts are doing now that Mewhort retired. Good GMs make the necessary moves that sustains a sound/solid roster year in -year out for the most part. See Ozzie Newsome Ravens, See Pitts, See Packers, See (duck)... Pats

23 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Possibly, but Jackson would have likely started opposite Quincy while smith is a backup. Jackson was known for his zone coverage skills 

Did you get the memo that Mewhort retired. The guy who was gonna push for the RG position. Did you forget that LUCK hasnt played in a year and a half? And you still talking about J.Jackson? i see. CB looks brilliant for adding more depth on the oline, especially after this Mewhort retirement. 

2 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Did you get the memo that Mewhort retired. The guy who was gonna push for the RG position. Did you forget that LUCK hasnt played in a year and a half? And you still talking about J.Jackson? i see. CB looks brilliant for adding more depth on the oline, especially after this Mewhort retirement. 

Mewhort was not even close to pushing for the starting RG job lol

On 8/2/2018 at 9:45 PM, WoolMagnet said:

There are 1,696 players on the 53-player roster of the 32 NFL teams. How much of the trash here - I mean how many posters - can say they are in the top 1,700 people of a profession? Let alone one that pays about $2 million a year on average?