Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/2/2018

TKnight24

6 minutes ago, Savage said:

I was gonna say, Reich would be a savage if he had the boys out there practicing at 6:30 AM. lol

I would...  I mean gotta shred that soft image.  0430 -0830 practice, 0830-0930 showers, 0930-1500- tape and film study, 1500-1700 practice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Yeah I really wanted Carlton Davis or Donte Jackson in the late 2nd instead of Tyquan Lewis. 

we might have traded up to the end of the second to get davis, however tampa took him one pick before us

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Or just go out and sign up Breeland.  

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like we are waiting to cut down day when we pick up another teams castoff instead of bringing in a proven starter.   As an outside observer it looks like somebody has drawn a line in the sand and I don't see why it would be an unemployed player.  

Hopefully Quincy will live up to his potential. If you look at the dominant defenses over the years (Seahawks, broncos, last year’s Vikings, saints, and chargers) they all had elite CB play. Even PFF said CBs are the most important position on the defense. Right now I think CB is our weakest position on the defense so we need someone to step up.

4 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Hopefully Quincy will live up to his potential. If you look at the dominant defenses over the years (Seahawks, broncos, last year’s Vikings, saints, and chargers) they all had elite CB play. Even PFF said CBs are the most important position on the defense. Right now I think CB is our weakest position on the defense so we need someone to step up.

Couldn't agree more.  Additionally you could also bring in a free agent.  hmmmm. 

Just now, Luck 4 president said:

Jacoby Brissett has been killing it in camp it seems like. Seems better than last year. I think that shows how much better the new offense is. If he kills it in the preseason do you think we could potentially trade him for a 2019 2nd?

why trade him this year?  

Just now, richard pallo said:

Couldn't agree more.  Additionally you could also bring in a free agent.  hmmmm. 

:puhleeze:

Just now, Luck 4 president said:

Jacoby Brissett has been killing it in camp it seems like. Seems better than last year. I think that shows how much better the new offense is. If he kills it in the preseason do you think we could potentially trade him for a 2019 2nd?

I think we will trade him after the season.   If he kills it in preseason , like you suggest, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we wind up with a 1st.  The college QB class is weak from what I understand.  We should have our pick of offers. 

8 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

If Jacoby can come out and tear up the stat sheet during Preseason games that will certaintly get a lot of teams attention. I value our backup QB and keeping Brissett as our backup is a priority just in case if something were to happen to Luck. If the Colts were planning on trading him, they should wait until the last year of his contract (assuming Luck is fully healthy still) and try to get the most they can out of the kid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Savage said:

If Jacoby can come out and tear up the stat sheet during Preseason games that will certaintly get a lot of teams attention. I value our backup QB and keeping Brissett as our backup is a priority just in case if something were to happen to Luck. If the Colts were planning on trading him, they should wait until the last year of his contract (assuming Luck is fully healthy still) and try to get the most they can out of the kid.

Trading him MAY be the most you can get out of him. The new team can control his contract longer, and that'd be attractive.

It may be determined by what they feel about Kaaya, Andrew's health/OL, and if there's a team out there that thinks Jacoby is the QB they need to get them into the playoffs.