Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts WR Deon Cain working out with NFL Legend

TKnight24

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Yep, it does appear to be Randy Moss.

I hope Deon doesn't pick up on EVERYTHING Moss has to offer.

Or, I hope Moss has grown up a bit.

Really?  First post and already alluding to character issues?  SMH, I just don't get why people think guys (mostly 22-28 years old) who try to injure each other for a living should/would be wholesome, mature or morally
"pure."  It is the greatest conundrum in sports.  I want my savagery to be family friendly and morally appetizing.  It is the height of hypocrisy and lunacy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

If this is recent, maybe Deon didn’t make the trip to Stanford with Luck & co. 

And given who he’s working out with in the above picture, I don’t mind at all 

:colts:

Probably cause Randy was willing to cover his expenses...and Luck wouldn't. :lombardi:

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

Really?  First post and already alluding to character issues?  SMH, I just don't get why people think guys (mostly 22-28 years old) who try to injure each other for a living should/would be wholesome, mature or morally
"pure."  It is the greatest conundrum in sports.  I want my savagery to be family friendly and morally appetizing.  It is the height of hypocrisy and lunacy!!

Really? That's what you got out of it?

His 'character issue' had been to take plays, series, games, seasons, off because he wasn't inspired to put out his effort. 

What does ANYTHING else you had to say have to do with Randy Moss. Did he display a brutal side that I missed?

All that other B.S. you put out there, is just that, and off topic.

I think you're just looking for something to be aghast about, and you made a BIG stretch to get there. But, if it makes you feel better, I'm here for ya.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If I'm not mistaken....Chris Carter has come out publicly and stated that since Randy ran so many deep posts and fly patterns the team allowed him "to take plays off" as a decoy since the coverage was usually set up to double him....

That decoy allowed other options to get open and also opened up running lanes for Robert Smith.

Just my two cents though...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tikyle said:

Sheeze.... a bit harsh.....

I cant see the full original post, (because the new poster has pulled it down)

From the quote......  its not THAT bad....... not like the guy was rooting for Tom Brady ........  

10 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

If I'm not mistaken....Chris Carter has come out publicly and stated that since Randy ran so many deep posts and fly patterns the team allowed him "to take plays off" as a decoy since the coverage was usually set up to double him....

That decoy allowed other options to get open and also opened up running lanes for Robert Smith.

Obviously, that goes on in the league, and it makes good sense (though the player needs to follow through), but then there's his stint with the Raiders where he took, pretty much, the whole year off, and admitted as much because was uninspired.

He was a great player, but I find him to be an odd selection for a role model (coach).

11 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Which is why Marvin was so dangerous! I remember CB say you couldn’t tell if it was coming to Marvin because he ran his routes the same way, regardless if he was getting the ball or not. And Marvin ran some deep routes as well.

• Like 2

Regardless of how you feel/felt about Moss and his antics. The guy is an all time great who was literally unguardable for a while in his prime.

It definitely shows some smarts from the rookie. Get info and feedback from people who know how to do your job and were extremely successful at it. Along with access to Reggie!! This is how you dream a rookie comes into the league.

Go Caine..

On 7/10/2018 at 4:51 PM, buccolts said:

Really? That's what you got out of it?

His 'character issue' had been to take plays, series, games, seasons, off because he wasn't inspired to put out his effort. 

What does ANYTHING else you had to say have to do with Randy Moss. Did he display a brutal side that I missed?

All that other B.S. you put out there, is just that, and off topic.

I think you're just looking for something to be aghast about, and you made a BIG stretch to get there. But, if it makes you feel better, I'm here for ya.

Randy Moss has been condemned for more than just that.  People complained about his fake moon celebration and his driving arrest and various other issues.

And everything I had to say has to do with Moss and any other athlete.  But let's just condense it down to what you vaguely put out there but then clarified, taking plays/games/seasons off.  So I'm assuming you were fully mature at say 28.  You never took a day off at work while actually being at work and on the clock?  Never that.  You always gave (and currently do give) 100% on everything you did while at work, even when the task (play in NFL instance) wasn't called or directly issued to you?

I'm not aghast at all.  I'm calling your (and everyone else's) nonsense on holding athletes to a higher standard than you live by or have lived by.

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

Randy Moss has been condemned for more than just that.  People complained about his fake moon celebration and his driving arrest and various other issues.

And everything I had to say has to do with Moss and any other athlete.  But let's just condense it down to what you vaguely put out there but then clarified, taking plays/games/seasons off.  So I'm assuming you were fully mature at say 28.  You never took a day off at work while actually being at work and on the clock?  Never that.  You always gave (and currently do give) 100% on everything you did while at work, even when the task (play in NFL instance) wasn't called or directly issued to you?

I'm not aghast at all.  I'm calling your (and everyone else's) nonsense on holding athletes to a higher standard than you live by or have lived by.

Am I a hypocrite? Yes, I've caught myself using same reasoning to come up with different stances on different topics.

Yes, I've caught myself doing something I've advised others not to do, and tried to reconcile that. I don't think that's all that uncommon, and I joke about it a lot.

However, fair or not, all I know about him is what he let's me see from afar, and that was a lack of effort in many cases. The Raiders stint being the most open. 

Has he grown out of that, or is that just a part of his personality? Who knows? We don't.

He WAS very talented, and had physical attributes to make him a mismatch for most all CBs in his day.

So, let  me re-phrase my original post:

I hope Randy's grown up enough to be a good role model / coach to our rookie, 'cause he's a questionable role model, if not.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:22 AM, buccolts said:

Obviously, that goes on in the league, and it makes good sense (though the player needs to follow through), but then there's his stint with the Raiders where he took, pretty much, the whole year off, and admitted as much because was uninspired.

He was a great player, but I find him to be an odd selection for a role model (coach).

Guessing you know Zilch about Moss's ability/intellect to share WR tricks of the trade. Nada Nothing
Uh Randy, i'm gonna run around here today and i want you to tell about being a role model. That is how i wanna spend my time and $$$.    :headspin:

He needs to teach him how to lengthen his fingers and inch or more.

• Like 1

Who knows more about weed than Randy Moss?   Deon Cain had some issues with grass coming out of college so I'm sure Moss could mentor about that.  Moss never got into trouble with that stuff again once he hit the leauge.  The football stuff we know Randy could share a pointer or two.  His stint with the Patriots showed he was or could be a professional also.  I have zero worries about him rubbing off the wrong way on Cain.  Zero.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, krunk said:

Who knows more about weed than Randy Moss?   Deon Cain had some issues with grass coming out of college so I'm sure Moss could mentor about that.  Moss never got into trouble with that stuff again once he hit the leauge.  The football stuff we know Randy could share a pointer or two.  His stint with the Patriots showed he was or could be a professional also.  I have zero worries about him rubbing off the wrong way on Cain.  Zero.

Man that is a whole other can of worms.  I wish the NFL would treat weed like the NHL and make it a non-issue.  If anything the NFL should just use our president as a barometer (like they have so many times since he's taken office) and realize he hasn't waged war on marijuana but he has on opioids.  Let's assume the NFL has an equal "problem" with both (marijuana and prescription opioids), just make the one the president is going after the focal point and don't talk about the other one.  It might actually end up working out for them.

• Thanks 1