Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew got his wallet returned

CR91

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff! The autograph Football alone is probably worth 100 dollars + he now has an autographed Football from a future Hall of Famer if Luck gets healthy. Honesty pays off!

Way more than that. The Football without a signature is already like $100. It’s probably 300+ but to a colts fan priceless

• Like 1

Just now, Luck 4 president said:

Way more than that. The Football without a signature is already like $100. It’s probably 300+ but to a colts fan priceless

Yeah I actually edited my Post. I was thinking 2 or 300. I agree. Imagine if Andrew comes back and has a Hall of Fame career, that Football will be worth 1000's.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't much. I carry about 50 dollars in cash in mine just in case I need cash for something. I carry my license and debit bank card though and losing those would suck.

They still make cash? Just teasing. Although I rarely do use cash anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe Andrew don't carry cash? Not too many people do anymore.

Yeah, that cashlessness is such a scam.  Some bank somewhere collects a nickle every time there is a transaction, whereas in the good ol days merchants and customers could pass bills back and forth 100s of times without some banker/tech processor getting a nickle for every touch.  What a scam.

Luck acknowledged that the person going out of their way it made his life easier, hopefully he conformed to whatever the lost wallet etiquette is these days.  Maybe its just a card.

Just now, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

They still make cash? Just teasing. Although I rarely do use cash anymore.

Yeah most of my cash is in the bank. I do usually carry around 50 or so because it could come in handy if I cant use my card. My step-dad always carries a ton of cash on him, I am talking like around 500 - 1000 dollars at times. I hope he never loses his wallet haha. When I visit he and my mom and we go out and eat he always pulls out a wad of 100's. 

49 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah, that cashlessness is such a scam.  Some bank somewhere collects a nickle every time there is a transaction, whereas in the good ol days merchants and customers could pass bills back and forth 100s of times without some banker/tech processor getting a nickle for every touch.  What a scam.

Luck acknowledged that the person going out of their way it made his life easier, hopefully he conformed to whatever the lost wallet etiquette is these days.  Maybe its just a card.

so where do you think the money should come from to pay those bankers and tech processors their salaries for making these transactions possible?  

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Usually the bounty for a returned wallet is whatever cash was inside of it (within reason).  I hope Andrew understands lost-wallet-etiquette.

Cash in a wallet is still a thing?

:thinking:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I found a wallet with $1,600 in it at a property tax office. I gave it to the onsite security guard and he brought it to the owner. The owner never came out to say thanks.

The Owner who is already rich probably took the money (which is sad) and he gave the Security Guard 100 dollars of it to keep his mouth shut and to keep his job. While you didn't even get a Thank you. The person that lost the wallet probably at least got whatever else was in it = his license, Pics of their family, etc.. So he was happy for that. The person that lost their wallet probably told the owner that he had $1600 in it, the owner probably said when I received it, it had 0 in it. Truth words folks. 

I lost my wallet once... Then spent the following 48 making all the necessary phones calls, canceling cards & accounts, requesting new insurance info & a trip to the dmv for a license, etc...

Then, of course, shortly after going through all the trouble,  someone found & returned the wallet, all of the contents intact...

Ha... Whats that called? Murphy's Law or something???

Anyways, wonder how far along Luck was into that whole process of cancelling & renewing all his stuff before his wallet was returned!!! 

My faux pas was several years ago before I had fully embraced the "paperless" process of having all accounts & everything filled out online, so, i suppose replacing everything would be much easier today... Still not a fun process...

Lol... Anyways, its a fun off season story...

9 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

no one under 30 has any money in their pocket. $1.17 for a polar pop and the use their debit card. Hey kid you don't have A dollar and a quarter in your pocket???

A lot of people have direct deposit and don't have the need to carry cash.

One time the guy ahead of me in the grocery store spilled the contents of his wallet all over the place.  He picked it all up and left.  When I got home, I found that I had his debit card in one of my bags.

Knowing that he must be panicked, I tried calling the debit card company to let them know that I had it.  But, I sat on that call for around 20 minutes and all it was was a tape playing ad after ad after ad.

There was no way to reach a person.  So, I went back to the service desk at the grocery and turned it in.

I didn't really think that was the safest thing to do but, I couldn't think of what else to do

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

I found a wallet with $1,600 in it at a property tax office. I gave it to the onsite security guard and he brought it to the owner. The owner never came out to say thanks.

The security guard probably pocketed the $1600 on the way to deliver it.

3 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I have a Peyton Manning ball and my name is not on it. 

That's great. I have a football signed by Manning and 7 other players from the super bowl year. Vinatieri, Rhodes, Hayden, Sanders, Clark, Diem and June and the others who signed my football.