Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Addressing our need at WR

2018 WRs  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR do we take in the 2nd round?

• D.J. Moore
    • D.J. Chark
    • Courtland Sutton
    • Anthony Miller
    • Deon Cain
    • Other
    • None

It might not be an exceptionally deep wr class, but weak is not the adjective to use. There is a lot of length, and some studs in there. Chark will be a beast and should be the first one taken. I really dont know much about Sutton. My picks are StBrown and Cobbs. Both have all the necessary measurables, hands, and can create mismatches and should be available late 2nd early 3rd.

2 hours ago, Trueman said:

It’s a weak receiver class and we have more pressing issues.

We have like the weakest group of receivers & rb's in the league. Outside of TY it's very poor. Even with the addition of Grant, we STILL NEED to add 2 more receivers to bring the group to 5.

As of today, not only are we short on Quality, But also short on Quanity as well.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now why would the Colts wrap up that amount of money for the same position?

I guess you haven’t heard of a long term deal?

landry has stated he wants long term and we have a lot of cap space.

he is young and a top 15 receiver in the league, with a chip on his shoulder.

for a third round pick I would take that anyway of the week.

anyway it didn’t happen. I actually believe in Rogers - in the limited time he has played he has looked quite good.

they say a receiver breaks out in there third year so we will see what he can do.

36 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

anyway it didn’t happen. I actually believe in Rogers - in the limited time he has played he has looked quite good.

they say a receiver breaks out in there third year so we will see what he can do.

What does that have to do with Hilton's long term deal?

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We have like the weakest group of receivers & rb's in the league. Outside of TY it's very poor. Even with the addition of Grant, we STILL NEED to add 2 more receivers to bring the group to 5.

As of today, not only are we short on Quality, But also short on Quanity as well.

Agree. Colts at least need a WR2 long-term. I think day two is the best place to get one. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Quantity?  No, that's no problem. We have 12 WRs on the roster right now including 3 6-3 .

At this point saying we have no quality is too pre mature.

Adams 6-1

Anderson 6-2

Brent 6-3

Hogan 6-3

Jones 6-3

Liggons 6-1

Listenbee 6-0

Smelter 6-2

Wright 6-0

There was a reason these guys were signed in the first place.

36 minutes ago, Coltsfan1955 said:

What if we trade down again with Buffalo for their #12, a 3rd this year & a 1st next year?  At 12 we might get Ridley, best WR on everyone’s board,  

I don't think Ballard wants to pick a WR and come out of the first round without a player who can provide an immediate impact.

1 hour ago, Alex22 said:

Let me rephrase that. Why would the Colts want to spend over 25 million a year for the same position?

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Let me rephrase that. Why would the Colts want to spend over 25 million a year for the same position?

To have good receivers?

Or we could just have Moncrief and Dorsett :thmup:

Seems like a great idea! :FlamingoDancing:

I guess what I am saying is Landry CAN catch and also Landry CAN get open. (HINT: these are good traits for a receiver).

Hope this clears things up :) 

2 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

To have good receivers?

Or we could just have Moncrief and Dorsett :thmup:

Seems like a great idea! :FlamingoDancing:

I guess what I am saying is Landry CAN catch and also Landry CAN get open. (HINT: these are good traits for a receiver).

Hope this clears things up :) 

Well I am glad we didn't sign Landry.

Also, I don't need a description of what a good receivers job is. I think I have seen one at one time or another.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well I am glad we didn't sign Landry.

Also, I don't need a description of what a good receivers job is. I think I have seen one at one time or another.

Sorry, just didn't sound like you had. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I'm kind of surprised how many people prefer Chark to Moore. Chark is mainly a vertical threat and we already have that. Moore is a much better overall receiver IMO. 

Agree, of the choices I like Anthony Miller the best 

I hope we can take EQ St. Brown in the 3rd or 4th round if he's still available at that point. But i think Ballard won't take a reciever in the first 3 rounds, as we have bigger holes to fill on our roster where the draft class is deeper and privides more upside even in later rounds. 

If we don't take Jaleel Scott in the 3rd round it would be a mistake.

He has #1 talent written all over him. It might not even be a bad thing to draft him in the 2nd round either.

Everyone always wanting a big tall receiver so he hits those marks at 6ft-6in.

Go check his draft guide, you may like him.

8 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

When I think WR, I think of this man:
ryan-grigson.jpg

He has a name, but we dare not speak it. I think of other things, like a 1st round guy speaking German, which proved very useful in the sack column.

What i think of him:facepalm::argh::censored::flaming:and on and on

5 hours ago, Coltsfan1955 said:

What if we trade down again with Buffalo for their #12, a 3rd this year & a 1st next year?  At 12 we might get Ridley, best WR on everyone’s board,  

Personally, I think Ridley will fall, possibly to our 2nd round picks.  He has good receiving skills, but he was a terrible athlete at the Combine.  6th percentile.  I think Sutton is WR1, Kirk and Moore are WR2 and 3...

7 hours ago, Coltsfan1955 said:

We wouldn't waste our only 1st. rd. pick, No. 12, on a WR.  He wouldn't be BPA.  Most likely OL, DB, LB, and ER.