Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We should sign Eric Reid

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

A certain group of ppl chose to think it’s disrespectful and only focus on that so they can ignore the real issue behind the anthem protest.

Reid is much better than everything we have back there other than Hooker. Every other safety on the roster is bad

Is he better than T Mattheu? Who we didnt even talk to and was on the cheap. I asked why we didnt look at him and was given the list of our current corp. No room I was told. This dude better?

I dont think Reid is better than Geathers. If so its not by much. I think if we brought him here it would be at Will and to have a backup option at SS if neede. They aren't starting him over Clayton. As a will hes not that good against the ground game. Or at least he wasn't last year.

1 hour ago, Aaron86 said:

Before this thread gets locked. 

It's not the message the players were trying to get out it's the way they acted. I agree with their stance but not the way they brought it across. I mean the the guy who started it was wearing a Fidel Castro shirt in a presser. What kinda of hypocrisy is that!?!?. And I am in that certain group that believes you should respect the flag no matter what! The flag is a symbol of freedom. Why the hell would you kneel to that. If your going to protest do it outside of the police stations and government buildings like you should. These players have the opportunity to raise awareness and try to help our community and all you can do is have a silly interview and kneel on Sundays. I mean most of them have already moved on shows you how much it really meant to them. 

That being said it would never stop me from signing a player..

Ok

3 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Not here for a debate. I said my one statement about it. If you want to talk about Reid and helping the team or not, then we can debate that.

If you don't want a debate then don't make a statement about it.

13 hours ago, CS Coltsfan said:

NO!!! he took a new and continued too... I stand for my Flag and take a knee for the Cross...in that order

Kind of vindictive for a CROSS lover dont you think? Thought it was about love and forgiveness. God of a SECOND chance is what I hear the Christians often say. Did you miss that part?

13 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Sure why not put In his contract if he moves during the NA he gets booted. 

13 hours ago, Jared Jammer said:

I'd prefer we only sign men, not ignorant, scared little boys. Hard pass.

13 hours ago, CS Coltsfan said:

NO!!! he took a new and continued too... I stand for my Flag and take a knee for the Cross...in that order

Because the worst thing in the world would be bringing in a socially conscious player.

Image result for tina fey eye roll gif

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I dont think Reid is better than Geathers. If so its not by much. I think if we brought him here it would be at Will and to have a backup option at SS if neede. They aren't starting him over Clayton. As a will hes not that good against the ground game. Or at least he wasn't last year.

What Is it about Geathers that ppl like?

1 hour ago, krunk said:

As far as I know Reid got switched down to Will last year and Tartt was playing SS because Tartt is a better cover man. Not that Reid is horrible but Tartt was better.

Reid started at SS but then Bowman was cut, Foster was injured and they didn't have other LBs worth a dman so they put Reid there.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

What is it that you don't like? All you're going to come back and say is something about his neck. If they were concerned then they would move accordingly. Geathers has the same skill set as Reid. Hes done nothing to be playing second fiddle.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

What is it that you don't like? All you're going to come back and say is something about his neck. If they were concerned then they would move accordingly. Geathers has the same skill set as Reid. Hes done nothing to be playing second fiddle.

No comparing him to Reid at all. Did I ask you why you think he’s better than Reid. I asked you what it is that ppl like about him. I just haven’t seen anything to warrant him being part of the future plans

1 hour ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Because the worst thing in the world would be bringing in a socially conscious player.

Image result for tina fey eye roll gif

Do it somewhere else ..... football is not a social platform. You get paid to play not talk. Wanna change stuff become a politician. 

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I think he's an improvement at SS I'd gladly pair him with Hooker. Would give us a good pair of young Safeties.

You might be right about this as I put more thought into things.. My thing is I don't think Geathers should be relegated to bench duties though. What would we do with Clayton? I think he could play the Will linebacker, Nickel, Dime backer but they are saying hes a safety. Eric Reid is a good player I will say that and he can play both safety spots. Clayton is not a FS and Eric has made more plays in coverage. Also what kind of contract would he be expecting is what I dont know? Outside of the issues I've mentioned this is my only sticking points.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

he had a good, but not great year in 2016, his second season.  it looked like he was on his way to being a pretty good player until he got hurt

21 minutes ago, krunk said:

You might be right about this as I put more thought into things.. My thing is I don't think Geathers should be relegated to bench duties though. What would we do with Clayton? I think he could play the Will linebacker, Nickel, Dime backer but they are saying hes a safety. Eric Reid is a good player I will say that and he can play both safety spots. Clayton is not a FS and Eric has made more plays in coverage. Also what kind of contract would he be expecting is what I dont know? Outside of the issues I've mentioned this is my only sticking points.

No idea on the contract haven't been any safeties signed yet who know what the market will be 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

he had a good, but not great year in 2016, his second season.  it looked like he was on his way to being a pretty good player until he got hurt

But so far he hasn’t been someone that can be counted on to even see the field. Yet some act like he’s a game changer when he’s on the field

5 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Do it somewhere else ..... football is not a social platform. You get paid to play not talk. Wanna change stuff become a politician. 

You realize this sentence is the epitome of "shut up and dribble" right?

48 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

... You realize you're insinuating you don't care about social justice at all, you understand that, right?

No I’m not, I don’t care what people think that’s what I’m saying! I have my opinions and you have yours. 

Keep your our politically correct crap off the field .... wanna change something go be a politician or go lobby in Washington. Why do you think the NFL is doing worse people don’t want to hear it or care they get paid millions to play a game not speak. People go to the games or watch them to escape problems of the world and don’t want to see football get politicized like leftys wanna use everything like a tool. 

13 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

No I’m not, I don’t care what people think that’s what I’m saying! I have my opinions and you have yours. 

Keep your our politically correct crap off the field .... wanna change something go be a politician or go lobby in Washington. Why do you think the NFL is doing worse people don’t want to hear it or care they get paid millions to play a game not speak. People go to the games or watch them to escape problems of the world and don’t want to see football get politicized like leftys wanna use everything like a tool. 

The NFL became politicised as soon as the DoD paid them to make teams be on the field for the National Anthem as a means of increasing patriotism/nationalism and as a military recruitment tool. What I gather from your statements is that politicizing is ok, as long as it's something you agree with.

5 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

I could care less

The proper expression is "I could not care less".

It's pretty ironic for people to to say keep politics out of the league when the league is literally filled to the brim with politics. It's also ironic that the national anthem doesn't even represent everyone (it alludes to minorities and slaves not being equal to whites) but it's a problem when minorities protest it...smh

4 hours ago, colt18 said:

The proper expression is "I could not care less".

It's pretty ironic for people to to say keep politics out of the league when the league is literally filled to the brim with politics. It's also ironic that the national anthem doesn't even represent everyone (it alludes to minorities and slaves not being equal to whites) but it's a problem when minorities protest it...smh

That's a stretch

7 hours ago, Shive said:

The NFL became politicised as soon as the DoD paid them to make teams be on the field for the National Anthem as a means of increasing patriotism/nationalism and as a military recruitment tool. What I gather from your statements is that politicizing is ok, as long as it's something you agree with.

They paid the NFL to advertise the military in order to get people to consider enlisting.   That's hardly political, unless any government advertising is now considered political. 

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

That's a stretch

Unfortunately it's not a stretch, like myself many people of color feel this way.  I don't want to sound selfish, but if it takes people to feel uncomfortable because of a peaceful kneeling at a football game to make changes and for every American to be treated fairly and protected, it's worth it.  I love this country and gave 22 years  and my wife is currently at 19 years of military service.  I have my own encounters with the police and we worry about our two sons 16 and 25. For the right price I would sign Eric Reid.  One of biggest weakness to out defense was covering RB and TE.  I know we are planning to play more of a Cover 2 this year but we can never have too much depth...for the right price.

Protest is everyone's right whether we agree or disagree.  Personally didn't agree with the platform they chose. That is my right . Always thought they could have pulled resources, and we know they have resources,  create some type of commercial or advertising that would have been more acceptable to everyone.  When you make a stance as the one that they did, you divide people rather than bring people together. When people come together, that is unstoppable ! 

14 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

Protest is everyone's right whether we agree or disagree.  Personally didn't agree with the platform they chose. That is my right . Always thought they could have pulled resources, and we know they have resources,  create some type of commercial or advertising that would have been more acceptable to everyone.  When you make a stance as the one that they did, you divide people rather than bring people together. When people come together, that is unstoppable ! 

I agree with you that a stance that would have made most people comfortable would be easier to handle but would we be talking about it a year later?  The march in Selma, the bus boycotts in the south, and the sit-ins that took place in the 60's was all peaceful demonstrations and most of America was against them.   Those events made this country better.  Our country was founded on protest and they was not always peaceful and comfortable but we don't look at them as being wrong or wish they would have did it a different way.

1 hour ago, cgi4life said:

Unfortunately it's not a stretch, like myself many people of color feel this way.  I don't want to sound selfish, but if it takes people to feel uncomfortable because of a peaceful kneeling at a football game to make changes and for every American to be treated fairly and protected, it's worth it.  I love this country and gave 22 years  and my wife is currently at 19 years of military service.  I have my own encounters with the police and we worry about our two sons 16 and 25. For the right price I would sign Eric Reid.  One of biggest weakness to out defense was covering RB and TE.  I know we are planning to play more of a Cover 2 this year but we can never have too much depth...for the right price.

I was referencing the anthem being an ode to white supremacy.  There might be a debateable line in the original poem, but I don't tbelieve it was ever part of the anthem.