Chris Ballard arrives at ND Pro Day

TKnight24

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

With Bradley Chubb looking like a lock for #2 could definitely use Nelson in the interior for the next 10+ years

That is by no means a certainly. Trading JPP happenned because he's a lousy fit for the new 3-4 D they are installing. The Giants taking a QB is still very much in play. 

2 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

I changed my sig... I guess this means Mewhort vs Slauson for the final guard spot.

Was interested to hear Kevin Bowen saying Slauson was brought in for, as well as his ability, his locker room character, work ethic and leadership. A shining light of example for the young guys on the line.

5 minutes ago, Hoose said:

That is by no means a certainly. Trading JPP happenned because he's a lousy fit for the new 3-4 D they are installing. The Giants taking a QB is still very much in play. 

I think the Giants take BPA regardless of position here. Browns take a QB, they'll snatch up Barkley. Browns take Barkely, Giants take Chubb

Really hope we get OG Quenton Nelson! He would instantly change the attitude and perception of this OL!

Slauson and Mewhort would serve as quality veteran backups and one of them could potentially start at RG. 

But if both Chubb and Nelson are on the board at 6, Ballard will have a tough decision to make. 

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think we should be careful to consider anything a lock in the draft. I mean, it is the draft.

8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

of course it’s not for certain but doesn’t mean it’s not “looking like” a lock for them

9 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Trading JPP was a cost-cutting move. The NYG's cap situation is not ideal.

11 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Yeah I'm thinking they won't draft Chubb at 2. I could see them going either QB, Barkley, or Nelson before Chubb since Chubb fits a 4-3 MUCH better than a 3-4 defense. 

12 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I also think that QB has always been the play. If not, they would traded back with the NYJ. No well-run team in that situation is passing up a franchise QB.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That's fair, but personally I'd also disagree that it's even looking like a lock Chubb goes #2.

Giants believe Eli has “years left” even though qb might be the best choice, doesn’t mean they’ll do it. Also If Saquon goes first overall the BPA talent wise that’s not a qb after Barkley imo would be Bradley Chubb.

As long as Nelson falls to the Colts, I don't care who the other teams take. 

Anyone see a scenario where the Browns draft QB at 1 and then the Giants draft or trade to a team who drafts Barkely.   That would leave the Jets taking a QB and maybe the Browns grabbing Nelson.   

That would suck for us.

2 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Giants believe Eli has “years left” even though qb might be the best choice, doesn’t mean they’ll do it. Also If Saquon goes first overall the BPA talent wise that’s not a qb after Barkley imo would be Bradley Chubb.

I'm sure Eli does have years and years left.  Just not as a starting quality NFL Quarterback.....

14 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Tis the season for disinformation.  I would tend to not listen to anything anyone says right now.

Just now, CR91 said:

Could always try mewhort at RT in TC. See if it's something we can do 

They did to start the 2015 season.  Lasted all of two games.

Mewhort is a guard and would only play tackle if three other active tackles got hurt during a game.  

20 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Remember when Eli was drafted? QB Kurt Warner was their penciled in QB that Eli would understudy from. Js

53 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Agreed. Hell, the Giants taking Barkley is still very much in play too. 

I think the only way they take Chubb is if they move back. 

19 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

They did to start the 2015 season.  Lasted all of two games.

Mewhort is a guard and would only play tackle if three other active tackles got hurt during a game.  

Lasted 2 games because our guards sucked

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Hopefully he's there to look at McGlinchey for a possible trade down scenario.

No way NYG takes Chubb at #2 and will most likely trade out.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the Giants will trade back.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Hopefully he's there to look at McGlinchey for a possible trade down scenario.

No way NYG takes Chubb at #2 and will most likely trade out.

their taking Chubb. They just traded JPP

50 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Ummm well Shurmur actually said at the combine and I quote "We believe that Eli Manning has got years left as a starting quarterback in this league,"

And as it relates to my point, I don't think that begins to mean anything for his future in New York or what they will do with the 2nd pick.

My question is if you have two first round stud OL in college why couldn't Notre Dame manage to play better? You would think they could at least line up and run behind them for 4 or 5 yds per carry every time at least. That's disappointing or a couple guys are getting over hyped.

Funny, today is also Ohio St.'s pro day, and their guard/tackle combo, Price and Jamarco Jones, I think are more likely to be there for the Colts than either Notre Dame player.  I think Nelson goes to Denver, and unless the Colts trade back into the first, I don't see McGlinchey being there either.