stitches

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Out of curiosity,  who did you want of the 3 candidates under consideration?  I imagine you'd feel better about Dan "Macho Man" Campbell because he is loud?  Personally, I think given all that has happened, the Colts coming away with a head coach with Super Bowl experience not just with the Eagles but also while with the Shoe is a win.  We will see soon enough how he is as a head coach.  But right now it's too early to judge the man on his passion or lack there of.  Loudness does not equate to passion.

Is there video of Campbell screaming or something?

In one week's time, the Colts have upgraded from a guy who's only success has been with Tom Brady as QB and who actually drafted Tim Tebow to someone who has had success working with Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Carson Wentz and won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles.  I think it's been a good week for the Colts after all was said and done.   

17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If he screams hes gotta be good

It's just that people act like he's some emotional lunatic or something.  I watched some videos.....I didn't see that.  Not a stoic robot, but far from a obnoxious blowhard.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Both.  He started as a coaching intern in 2006 and was the QB coach in 2009 & 2010.  He also served as the wide receivers coach during Peyton's last year with the Colts (his injured year).  Reich was on the coaching staff when the Indy Colts made their 2 Super Bowls appearances (2006 & 2009). 

I was referring to Alan Williams:)

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Out of curiosity,  who did you want of the 3 candidates under consideration?  I imagine you'd feel better about Dan "Macho Man" Campbell because he is loud?  Personally, I think given all that has happened, the Colts coming away with a head coach with Super Bowl experience not just with the Eagles but also while with the Shoe is a win.  We will see soon enough how he is as a head coach.  But right now it's too early to judge the man on his passion or lack there of.  Loudness does not equate to passion.

I was torn between Reich and Campbell actually. Neither really made me go wow. I guess I would've went with Campbell based on seemingly more of a fiery personality. Idk... I'm just afraid we won't have any emotional leaders on this team from players or coaches and that scares me. If we win a lot than that may be all the motivation that we need but if we struggle I'm not sure who can light a fire to keep the players burning. This team has lacked a killer instinct for a long time, I'm tired of that

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I was torn between Reich and Campbell actually. Neither really made me go wow. I guess I would've went with Campbell based on seemingly more of a fiery personality. Idk... I'm just afraid we won't have any emotional leaders on this team from players or coaches and that scares me. If we win a lot than that may be all the motivation that we need but if we struggle I'm not sure who can light a fire to keep the players burning. This team has lacked a killer instinct for a long time, I'm tired of that

Our emotional leader is Andrew Luck. That is why he is our leader. The whole team plays better when he is on the field.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Our emotional leader is Andrew Luck. That is why he is our leader. The whole team plays better when he is on the field.

Luck congradulates guys on great hits...against him. I love Luck, but an emotional leader he is not, nor will ever be

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Luck congradulates guys on great hits...against him. I love Luck, but an emotional leader he is not, nor will ever be

Do you even know what a leader is? And yes, Luck is an emotional leader. Passion is what makes an emotional leader and Luck has that passion.

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Both.  He started as a coaching intern in 2006 and was the QB coach in 2009 & 2010.  He also served as the wide receivers coach during Peyton's last year with the Colts (his injured year).  Reich was on the coaching staff when the Indy Colts made their 2 Super Bowls appearances (2006 & 2009). 

No he was on the coaching staff from 2008-2011 he was part of the collateral damage when Caldwell got fired and Andrew Luck was drafted.

20 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I can appreciate what you are trying to say.  You are looking for that fire that we all want to see from the Colts on the field.  I would just say it's too early to write Reich off.  He may not be the "fire guy" as a coach but maybe Ballard will eventually find some players that will infuse some of that fire and intensity that we need. I think it is better when that comes from players as they are the one's in the actual heat of battle.  At the end of the day, if Reich can just provide strong leadership and establish a winning culture hopefully the team will develop a fire that comes from winning.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

My user name has zero to do with your never ending line of horse dung negativity.

Name one time you have ever seen Luck get in a teammates face and chew them out... You can't. Don't sit there and belittle my intelligence, it's not negativity, it's a fact 

5 minutes ago, CF4L said:

No he was on the coaching staff from 2008-2011 he was part of the collateral damage when Caldwell got fired and Andrew Luck was drafted.

No...I am correct. He started his coaching career in 2006 as a coaching intern with the Colts. Check it out...

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/coaches/frank-reich/20c7e5db-b60c-4732-9848-4eff7a236617

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Name one time you have ever seen Luck get in a teammates face and chew them out... You can't. Don't sit there and belittle my intelligence, it's not negativity, it's a fact 

The things you believe matter....

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

That is what you determine to be an emotional leader?  I take it you never played a team sport in your life.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

I guess interns don't get rings then because apparently his lone title was with the Eagles.

Yeah I wondered about that too.  Apparently the Eagles win was his first official ring...nevertheless he was on Dungy's staff in 2006 so he also has that experience under his belt. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is what you determine to be an emotional leader?  I take it you never played a team sport in your life.

Look, I'm done with this. You can have your opinion all you want. Leaders demand accountability, not "we will get em next time guys" rhetoric. I'm not sure what sports you we're playing, nor do I care. I know that this team has had zero accountability for a decade or more and the only person who demanded perfection was Manning and that ship has sailed. 

19 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Look, I'm done with this. You can have your opinion all you want. Leaders demand accountability, not "we will get em next time guys" rhetoric. I'm not sure what sports you we're playing, nor do I care. I know that this team has had zero accountability for a decade or more and the only person who demanded perfection was Manning and that ship has sailed. 

The scary part is I actually believe you believe yourself.

It is not imperative for a leader to get into anyone's face.

You speak of Manning getting into someone's face? Yes I seen it and I also seen him get humbled by Jeff Saturday and a couple of other linemen telling him to go sit down and worry about his job. These are grown men, not kids playing NFL football. You lead by example, not by yelling at someone.

8 hours ago, Indeee said:

This hiring is way too close to the Colts past familiarity for my liking. I realise there wasn't much we could do, however this guy is linked with too many ex Colts for my liking. Guys like Christianson, Caldwell, Dungy, Moore, Mudd

You mean linked closely with the guys that were integral to the Colts’s most successful decade ever, the winningest team in a decade ever, the team that went to two SuperBowls, winning one of them?  Ummm, yeah, I am all-in with the hiring if that’s the connection.