Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank You Jim Irsay!

BlueShoe

Hiring Chris Ballard was one of the best decisions you have ever made. 

This is a man of integrity, grit, and competitive fire! He backs down from nothing and he owns his mistakes. And he will make and learn from more mistakes. He runs from nothing. 

I am more excited about the future of this franchise than I have been in months. 

Thank you for finding such a great man to lead this team. 

PS - Chris, please hire Frank Reich. He is one of our own! He is a truly under the radar coach with a bright future. Also please call Arians. I think he could be a valuable mentor/consultant for Frank as he learns the position. 

Go Colts!!

The rivalry is back on!!!!

:coltslogo:

2 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Can you imagine what a disaster this would have been for Grigson to address?

For all his faults I can at least say this for Grigson...he would have never tried to drink from that Patriots well in the first place.  He knew better and despised that organization.  Ballard just had to experience it for himself. 

14 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

PS - Chris, please hire Frank Reich. He is one of our own! He is a truly under the radar coach with a bright future. Also please call Arians. I think he could be a valuable mentor/consultant for Frank as he learns the position. 

I would like the Reich hire but please no Arians.  They have opposing offensive schemes and the last thing I want is more years of the Air Coryell system.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I would like the Reich hire but please no Arians.  They have opposing offensive schemes and the last thing I want is more years of the Air Coryell system.

it is not about bringing Arians' system. It is about helping Reich adjust to becoming a first time head coach. 

32 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

This is a man of integrity, grit, and competitive fire! He backs down from nothing and he owns his mistakes. And he will make and learn from more mistakes. He runs from nothing. 

I am more excited about the future of this franchise than I have been in months. 

Go Colts!!

Talking pretty in press conferences is one thing. Seeing results on the field is another.

I prefer the latter.

17 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Griggs would never have tried to hire punk McDaniels

I agree with that! He made a mistake and he owned it!

Ballard danced with the devil and he got burnt. He will learn from this. He is not running from it though.

11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Talking pretty in press conferences is one thing. Seeing results on the field is another.

I prefer the latter.

He made a mistake and did not run from it. He owned it! 

That is what a true leader does.

22 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Griggs would never have tried to hire punk McDaniels

Maybe  thats your opinion  

Grigson did trade a first round pick for T-Rich  & he did hire Chuck Pagano  mistakes that have taken 5 years to over come .

While Ballard did try he did'nt fail , Mc Doush  Failed calling at the last minute like a Runaway Bride . 

The team can move on from this very easily just hire Frank Reich 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

For all his faults I can at least say this for Grigson...he would have never tried to drink from that Patriots well in the first place.  He knew better and despised that organization.  Ballard just had to experience it for himself. 

Ballard also just got over on two trades with the Pats.  It makes no sense to not do business with them if there is good business to be had.  It's not like they cheated you or anything............................................

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I would literally follow Chris Ballard into war. 

He is classy, stern, and speaks his mind in black and white. 

Love this guy! 

I agree. He is a true leader and we are very lucky to have him. He will make mistakes and we will all learn something from them. I think he has the ingredients to be great. I am looking forward to learning from watching him work. 

5 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Go Colts!!

I really liked him from his first press conference I knew then it was a great hire. 

I might say thank you Jim Irsay down the road, but Irsay is a main reason we are in this mess right now. I was begging him to get rid of Grigson and Pagano for 2-3 years and he stubbornly held on because he didn't want to admit he was wrong. I was beside myself when he decided to bring Pagano back again. Time will tell whether this was the right GM decision. Like what I see so far.

I just now watched the Ballard interview. That guy is super composed and a guy in charge. I think we are in good hands with him. Loved the way he praised Jim Irsay as well. He also said Andrew is in a good place as of now. I hope we hire Frank Reich, Reich just seems like he would fit here + his experiences in Philly are very valuable. I am sure his knowledge of the game is very strong + he used to play the position of QB. I would like to see both Philly guys come over for good chemistry, Reich and their QB Coach. The QB Coach can be OC.

6 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Can you imagine what a disaster this would have been for Grigson to address?

Addressing it is one thing fixing it is another. Ballard and Irsay got dooped by a baby face loser with a resume of failure. Not a good start for the new GM. The Colts play NE this coming season. Hope the Colts keep their mouths shut and just play football.

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Addressing it is one thing fixing it is another. Ballard and Irsay got dooped by a baby face loser with a resume of failure. Not a good start for the new GM. The Colts play NE this coming season. Hope the Colts keep their mouths shut and just play football.

Are you even aware of his resume or are you being a troll again?   If his resume equals failure,   I would like to see what a resume of success looks like

58 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Are you even aware of his resume or are you being a troll again?   If his resume equals failure,   I would like to see what a resume of success looks like

I'm not going to go as far as to agree with @King Colt 

But I also don't understand everyone throwing Ballard praise. I mean I'm not at all surprised that McDaniels pulled this move, so therefore, i refuse to believe that there weren't at least some red flags about McD's level of legitimate interest in leading this team & being 'the guy' in Indy...

So while Ballard may have handled today's damage control as well as possible, one would've just hoped that the guy who was supposed to have a binder full of coaching candidates, would've been able to get it done...

15 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

But I also don't understand everyone throwing Ballard praise. I mean I'm not at all surprised that McDaniels pulled this move, so therefore, i refuse to believe that there weren't at least some red flags about McD's level of legitimate interest in leading this team & being 'the guy' in Indy...

So while Ballard may have handled today's damage control as well as possible, one would've just hoped that the guy who was supposed to have a binder full of coaching candidates, would've been able to get it done...

I hated the McDaniels choice. I wanted to puke at the thought of him coaching this team. 

Ballard deserves praises for a few reasons. He showed us that when he makes a mistake, he will own that mistake. He did not run from this. He did not blame anyone else for this. He will learn from this, and be a better GM because of it. The way he handled this adversity showed his true character. It matched the character we have consistently seen. Under pressure, Chris Ballard did not cave or fold on his true self. 

I am not easily sold on people, and sometimes we learn more about people by how they react when they make mistakes. I am all in on Chris Ballard now. I am sold that Chris Ballard is the right person for this job.

31 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

My post was about McDaniels,   not Ballard