stitches

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Myles said:

It would be nice, but there is a built in problem.   If a college HC is good, he can make as much money at a large college as he could in the NFL.  

yea, but then the big fish small pond metaphor comes into play

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If we lose out on McDaniels you can blame Ballard on this one.  If he was the No.1 choice there was no reason not to make it happen.  They satisfied the Rooney rule early and were still waiting on Wilks.  The fans that wanted him can only hope they already have an agreement and he honors it.  If we lose out on McDaniels I hope Ballard expands the search and at least talks to Shaw and Peterson and a few others.   I read where Irsay's daughter wants a younger coach so that would probably eliminate Toub among others.  I thought this could happen and it did.  A young GM learning on the job?  Let's hope he has a deal in place.  If he doesn't I can see him going to the Titans.  A nightmare comes true?

I would suggest reading the rules and getting a better understanding as to why the Colts CANNOT offer/agree anything to McDaniels until the Patriots season is over.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

I have had many facts right. Mularkey was fired.

Everything else you’ve posted is nonsensical insanely opinions though. I get it’s a forum, but you have to throw in facts in an argument every once in awhile. 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

:lol:

I think hate is the wrong choice of words.

I never met the man, and if I did, I believe I would probably like him a lot.

However, I have been a fan of the Colts for almost 50 years.

Not fond of many of the things Jim Irsay has done with the team.

I really don't understand why everyone is so nervous. There is nothing that McDaniels, the Colts, or the Titans can do until after this coming Sunday's game. He can't interview again, he can't sign a deal, there is nothing than can be done. If we see a week from now that he is going to interview in Tennessee instead of coming back for another interview then worry. Otherwise, why the doom and gloom? I haven't been a member of the forum long, but I'm beginning to see that the trend around here is always expect the worst. I believe we have a great franchise, great owner (not without flaws), great stadium, and great fan base. All of these things make the Colts job one of the best in the NFL. When real football guys (Bill Polian, Tony Dungy) and not the media talk, they all say that the Colts and Irsay are 1st class all the way. I just tend to believe that coaches will be more concerned about what men like Bill and Tony have to say over every NFL "expert" with a Twitter account. I really hope that McDaniels is our guy, but if not we will win with someone else leading the charge!

1 minute ago, corgi said:

Everything else you’ve posted is nonsensical insanely opinions though. I get it’s a forum, but you have to throw in facts in an argument every once in awhile. 

What is nonsensical that I have said?

Because I am not head over heals with Josh McDaniels to the Colts?

36 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I knew McDaniels would not sign with Indy.

Kept saying all day yesterday McDaniels wanted to go to Tennessee and that they would fire Mularkey.

First Nagy rejects Colts. Wilks declines to Interview. Rhule withdraws his name. Now McDaniels looks to go to Tennessee.

I know he has much love on this forum, but I believe Irsay is the reason we can't sign a coach.

Start saving this quote, guys. 

It'll be a fun one to post in the thread where McDaniels is hired. 

One could also go and compile all the other ridiculous posts he's made into one singular thread where we all go to lol, but there are just so many of them, how could one ever get it done?

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I think hate is the wrong choice of words.

I never met the man, and if I did, I believe I would probably like him a lot.

However, I have been a fan of the Colts for almost 50 years.

Not fond of many of the things Jim Irsay has done with the team.

I guess I need to step up my virtuol of IU  Basketball since I despised Bob Knight

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

One could also go and compile all the other ridiculous posts he's made into one singular thread where we all go to lol, but there are just so many of them, how could one ever get it done?

These events have happened.

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

Late in the game?  He can't be hired for three weeks.

I highly doubt they would have fired Mularkey, if there were no chance 

Yeah, nobody should be sighing in relief yet.

I know Ballard and McDaniels have the same agent and things could be as close as they can be without it being done in writing, but there's still a lot of time.

40 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I knew McDaniels would not sign with Indy.

Kept saying all day yesterday McDaniels wanted to go to Tennessee and that they would fire Mularkey.

First Nagy rejects Colts. Wilks declines to Interview. Rhule withdraws his name. Now McDaniels looks to go to Tennessee.

I know he has much love on this forum, but I believe Irsay is the reason we can't sign a coach.

You're going to be heartbroken if McDaniels doesn't go to Tennessee, aren't you? 

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

Late in the game?  He can't be hired for three weeks.

I highly doubt they would have fired Mularkey, if there were no chance 

Seems that way, but let me counter with this. Why even offer an extension or have talks of an extension if you know 100% you can get McDaniels? If they knew they wanted Josh and could get him, you just fire Mularkey without the dog and pony show of having extension talks break down.

20 minutes ago, corgi said:

Does that mean he's going to the Colts or away from the Colts? 1070 the fan saying the tweet means the latter 

18 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I used the word unlikable because there is a filter for language.

Would have preferred D---

image.jpeg

Oh good grief. PM me your address, I'll send you some tinfoil

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I have had many facts right. Mularkey was fired.

I'll give your credit there. You were right. I didn't think they'd fire him after winning at KC

28 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

There is a lot of pie in the sky feelings on this board. I don't conform to the kumbaya crowd.

Just hoping Ballard can find us a decent head coach. There are still several good directions this team couild turn.

I wasnt sold on McDaniels anyways. Seems unlikable guy.

I agree. When times are tough, I could imagine a player decking him as opposed to running through walls for him. I wish Vrabel had more experience.

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

These events have happened.

Who should we believe?

You, an eternal pessimist always finding something wrong with something ("get off my lawn!") or several credible journalists who have relevant factual information as opposed to your mindless drivel?

its a tough choice, I tell you. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Does that mean he's going to the Colts or away from the Colts? 1070 the fan saying the tweet means the latter 

Oh good grief. PM me your address, I'll send you some tinfoil

I'll give your credit there. You were right. I didn't think they'd fire him after winning at KC

I read the tweet as Pro Colts

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I'm not gonna beat a guy up like that.  

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

In one of my earlier posts I said how Irsay may have to open his wallet much wider if Mularkey is fired.

It may come down to the almighty dollar$

Jon Gruden was able to land 100 million from Oakland.

Ok? So? Irsays been known to do it before

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

In one of my earlier posts I said how Irsay may have to open his wallet much wider if Mularkey is fired.

It may come down to the almighty dollar$

Jon Gruden was able to land 100 million from Oakland.

John Gruden was a proven head coach who has won a super bowl.  McDaniels has a losing record.  Won’t command that kind of money.