Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ian Rapoport: Colts coaching search down to McDaniels or Vrabel

stitches

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm just going to say it.  If we end up with Mike Vrabel...something went wrong in our process in my opinion.  It is what it is.  lol

What went wrong is that luck is hurt and no-one is saying anything. The only reason to not say anything is because it's bad news. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Commitment to mediocrity!

Let's be honest, the Colts job is better than Tennessee. Now if McDaniels is concerned about nightlife and country music then we could be in trouble. If he looks at the place most likely to be committed to winning for the long haul then there is no contest there. The Titans may have a few better pieces at this moment, but that can quickly change with the draft and free agency. If he goes to the Titans then we will have the pleasure of making him regret that decision twice a year!

I'm going to laugh so hard if. Andrew comes back healthy and kicks Josh's butt twice a year knowing he could have had him as his QB. Imagine the look on his face...lol

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Toub is the one wildcard, always has been. McDaniels might be the first choice, but if that seems uncertain, I could see Ballard bringing Toub directly to Irsay for approval. 

Interesting thing with Toub is that he was heavily linked to Ballard and this job but once the coaching search began, nothing happened with him. No interviews, either with the Colts or with any other team, and no indication that he was getting a HC job. I find that interesting, especially in past years, when he was considered a strong candidate for HC.

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

Still believe Indianapolis is the most attractive destination compared to any team (including Tennessee now).

Hard to pass up a franchise QB, the 3rd overall pick, and a ton of cap space. Ballard said that if a coach is worried about Luck's shoulder, he will not be a good fit to coach this team, which makes me wary on that claim by Ian Rappaport. 

Franchise QB? You can’t be talking about the guy who spent a couple months at Lourdes taking the Holy Water treatments on his shoulder? You must be referring to Mariota.

Just now, Narcosys said:

What went wrong is that luck is hurt and no-one is saying anything. The only reason to not say anything is because it's bad news. 

Or maybe they don't know anything? Luck probably wants to keep the details about his injury private. Ballard would only if he was healthy or injured or if he was making progress. If it was bad news, the entire media would be jumping on this news.

42 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

‘Belief, was & prefer’ are vague, emotional driven facsimiles 

If true...that tweet seems to indicate that the health of Andrew Luck was an issue for McDaniels.  We all heard what Chris Ballard said at that press conference about coaches who didn't want to come here because of uncertainty around Andrew Luck.  He said that means that candidate is "not the right guy".  To me that might be telling. 

1 minute ago, azcolt said:

Franchise QB? You can’t be talking about the guy who spent a couple months at Lourdes taking the Holy Water treatments on his shoulder? You must be referring to Mariota.

Mariota isn't the paragon of health either. He's injured his hamstrings before. Not as severe as Luck, but it does limit his play. 

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Toub is the one wildcard, always has been. McDaniels might be the first choice, but if that seems uncertain, I could see Ballard bringing Toub directly to Irsay for approval. 

I'm hoping that's how it plays out if we do miss out on McDaniels.

Although, even though there's no real substance to back this up, this seemed like a flat out young coaching search from the beginning. 

1 minute ago, azcolt said:

Mariota is injury prone. Injured his quad on Saturday so they had to change scheme. Mariota is waaaaaaay overated.

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

Still believe Indianapolis is the most attractive destination compared to any team (including Tennessee now).

Hard to pass up a franchise QB, the 3rd overall pick, and a ton of cap space. Ballard said that if a coach is worried about Luck's shoulder, he will not be a good fit to coach this team, which makes me wary on that claim by Ian Rappaport. 

Titans have a franchise QB who is younger than Luck, a ton of cap space (around $53m before any moves are made), a better OL, young playmakers on both side of the ball... and McDaniels has a previous working relationship with the GM. 

If there's any job that I think McDaniels might find more attractive, it's Tennessee. 

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Dang, the AFC South is getting harder and harder by the minute. 

Well, if it is O'Brien, McDaniels in Tennessee and Vrabel here, they will all certainly know one another's phiolosophies and tendencies very well.

5 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Interesting thing with Toub is that he was heavily linked to Ballard and this job but once the coaching search began, nothing happened with him. No interviews, either with the Colts or with any other team, and no indication that he was getting a HC job. I find that interesting, especially in past years, when he was considered a strong candidate for HC.

Yup, it's very curious to me. Has been from the beginning.

I knew McDaniels would not sign with Indy.

Kept saying all day yesterday McDaniels wanted to go to Tennessee and that they would fire Mularkey.

First Nagy rejects Colts. Wilks declines to Interview. Rhule withdraws his name. Now McDaniels looks to go to Tennessee.

I know he has much love on this forum, but I believe Irsay is the reason we can't sign a coach.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Kept saying all day yesterday McDaniels wanted to go to Tennessee and that they would fire Mularkey.

First Nagy rejects Colts. Wilks declines to Interview. Rhule withdraws his name. Now McDaniels looks to go to Tennessee.

I know he has much love on this forum, but I believe Irsay is the reason we can't sign a coach.

Stop

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Irsay has little to no bearing on what a coach wants,  other than the positives, he won't fire you prematurely at all, and he will spend money to build a winner....  owners being D-bags in their personal lives has never cost anyone a coaching hire.....  look at places like Dallas and NE

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Could be Irsay but I wonder about the GM as well. When a guy makes a statement that coaching candidates concerned about Luck’s health need not apply, that would seem to be a huge red flag about the GM. Any top candidate will have Luck’s health at the top of his list of concerns. How could any competent GM believe otherwise, and worse yet, state it publicly?

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Surprised his name was not on a fèw teams lists

I was watching Philadelphia Saturday.

I did not ever once even catch a glimpse of Reich on the sidelines? Maybe he's up in the press box?

Peterson looks to be running the offense. Very involved, calling all the plays.

I have strong doubts about Reich.

There is a lot of pie in the sky feelings on this board. I don't conform to the kumbaya crowd.

Just hoping Ballard can find us a decent head coach. There are still several good directions this team couild turn.

I wasnt sold on McDaniels anyways. Seems unlikable guy.