Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ian Rapoport: Colts coaching search down to McDaniels or Vrabel

stitches

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Here's how I see it. Titans interviewing Vrabel means 2 things.

1) They are trying to squeeze out how much colts like Vrabel, possibly putting Colts in a grab him now state (which is less likely to me )

or 2) they know Josh is going to Colts. reason I believe 2) is correct is because if there was a wink nod or even possibility to get Josh, Titans would only be interviewing minority candidtes to fulfill the rule before hiring Josh

I don't see how #1 works. McDaniels is still the favorite between him and Vrabel. If the Titans want to sign Vrabel, let them. Colts still get the coach they wanted.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Here's how I see it. Titans interviewing Vrabel means 2 things.

1) They are trying to squeeze out how much colts like Vrabel, possibly putting Colts in a grab him now state (which is less likely to me )

or 2) they know Josh is going to Colts. reason I believe 2) is correct is because if there was a wink nod or even possibility to get Josh, Titans would only be interviewing minority candidtes to fulfill the rule before hiring Josh

I think the snafu with Malarkey makes Tennessee look bad. Whether that matters or not remains to be seen.

33 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I think hate is the wrong choice of words.

I never met the man, and if I did, I believe I would probably like him a lot.

However, I have been a fan of the Colts for almost 50 years.

Not fond of many of the things Jim Irsay has done with the team.

Like riding shotgun in the Mayflower truck?

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

I don't see how #1 works. McDaniels is still the favorite between him and Vrabel. If the Titans want to sign Vrabel, let them. Colts still get the coach they wanted.

I don’t know if we really know that.  No question here people want McDaniels more than Vrabel but the reports say they are both finalist. It could be the Colts wanted to speak to both men again before making a final decision.  I am not sure anyone is 100% in love with either guy and frankly the report that said another candidate could still come into play tells me they aren’t overly in love with either guy.  

33 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Don't get why everyone think Mariota is worth a crap in 1 season Brisset has damn near identical stats to Mariotas career stats 

McDaniels can come here and basically get Luck and Mariota both

tenor.gif

Mariota >>> Brissett, and we all know it. Maybe he's overrated as the next great QB, but he's very good. And that's with pretty much awful coaching the last three years. Wait until he gets a good coordinator... 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know if we really know that.  No question here people want McDaniels more than Vrabel but the reports say they are both finalist. It could be the Colts wanted to speak to both men again before making a final decision.  I am not sure anyone is 100% in love with either guy and frankly the report that said another candidate could still come into play tells me they aren’t overly in love with either guy.  

We've been hearing for the past few weeks that McDaniels is the favorite over Vrabel, from Rappaport and various other sources. I've been basing it off of that.

1 minute ago, Buddy Lee said:

As much as folks here like to diss on Jim Irsay, and he is easy to diss on, he does have a loyalty to his coaches. I think that is recognised among the NFL. That becomes a positive. IMHO. And then there is Mike Brown...lol.

He was looking for Pagano’s replacement during the last couple of seasons while he was still under contract. 

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I find it funny how people normally like to take shots at La Canfora here because he hates the Colts and is never right and now that he’s saying what a majority want to here those things are forgotten.

not a shot at the poster by the way just a general commnt.  

I was going to comment on that. I don't think he's very reliable myself, but I hope he's right here.

Same thing with Kuharsky. Never thought much of his reporting. And it's funny, I always thought he was a Titans homer, but his Twitter feed is full of Titans fans calling him a Titans hater. Perspective is important.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Ok thanks the 2nd is the one I hadn't seen 

Yeah he’s saying the Colts are still in the running and McDaniels could still very well end up in indy but only La Confora has said on Twitter , at least that I’ve seen, that the Titans have next to no shot to land McDaniels this late in the game.  If anything other NFL insiders are reporting the opposite that the Titans are now the favorite.  Time will tell who is right.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah he’s saying the Colts are still in the running and McDaniels could still very well end up in indy but only La Confora has said on Twitter , at least that I’ve seen, that the Titans have next to no shot to land McDaniels this late in the game.  If anything other NFL insiders are reporting the opposite that the Titans are now the favorite.  Time will tell who is right.  

Various NFL insiders have come out and said that the Colts are the favorites over the past few hours.

Just now, Superman said:

I was going to comment on that. I don't think he's very reliable myself, but I hope he's right here.

Same thing with Kuharsky. Never thought much of his reporting. And it's funny, I always thought he was a Titans homer, but his Twitter feed is full of Titans fans calling him a Titans hater. Perspective is important.

That’s fair.  Personally if I had to pick a NFL insider I trust it’s Adam Schefter but they are all wrong at times.  That’s the nature of trying to break news and needing to be first.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

tenor.gif

Mariota >>> Brissett, and we all know it. Maybe he's overrated as the next great QB, but he's very good. And that's with pretty much awful coaching the last three years. Wait until he gets a good coordinator... 

Well I don't think hes worth a damn but who knows 

Dude has to have his legs like RG3 and they are constantly getting nagging injuries and his acurracy is atrocious 

24 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I find it funny how people normally like to take shots at La Canfora here because he hates the Colts and is never right and now that he’s saying what a majority want to here those things are forgotten.

not a shot at the poster by the way just a general commnt.  

All the big names are reporting it. His was just the last one I saw 

Just now, Superman said:

tenor.gif

While I agree that Mariota is better than Brissett, Mariota is a very overrated QB in my opinion and plays in an offensive system that does not ask a lot of him and has benefited from a solid running game pretty much throughout his career.

Various NFL insiders have come out and said that the Colts are the favorites over the past few hours.

I’d like to see those posts.  The last I’ve seen from Rapport and Schefter have said the Titans are the favorites.  Mort has said the McDaniels looms large in Tennessee as well.

I’d like to see those posts.  The last I’ve seen from Rapport and Schefter have said the Titans are the favorites.  Mort has said the McDaniels looms large in Tennessee as well.

Flip back over the last 5 pages, they're posted.....

If McDaniels is on the fence about this job because of Lucks health this is the way I see it. If Luck is 100% he is a better QB than Mariota, If Luck for whatever reason not healthy, a whole offseason with JB could help step up his play, and if Mariota plays like he did this year again, the skill gap between JB and Mariota becomes quite small. 

Go back a few pages. Michael Lombardi and Pelissero(sp?) have both said the Colts are the favorites to land McDaniels.

2 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

All the big names are reporting it. His was just the last one I saw 

Are they?  If so I’d like to see it because Rapoort and Schefter both last said on Twitter that the Titans are the favorites and Mort said McDaneils looms large in Tennessee.  So unless they are saying it some place other than Twitter I am not seeing it.  

1 minute ago, Restored said:

While I agree that Mariota is better than Brissett, Mariota is a very overrated QB in my opinion and plays in an offensive system that does not ask a lot of him and has benefited from a solid running game pretty much throughout his career.

He's not refined as a pocket passer, but he can make all the throws. His footwork is sound (which is the biggest issue with spread style QBs). When he's healthy, he's a ridiculous dual threat weapon. And he's had zero effective pro style coaching.

I'm projecting that he'll develop more on some NFL throws, second level stuff across the middle, working progressions, etc. But even if he doesn't, he's on a completely different level from Brissett. His floor is probably Brisett's ceiling.

Go back a few pages. Michael Lombardi and Pelissero(sp?) have both said the Colts are the favorites to land McDaniels.

Didn’t see those but I don’t consider the last one a big name but that’s me.  Lombardi I would put a little more stock in.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Are they?  If so I’d like to see it because Rapoort and Schefter both last said on Twitter that the Titans are the favorites and Mort said McDaneils looms large in Tennessee.  So unless they are saying it some place other than Twitter I am not seeing it.  

Rappoport and Schefter aren't the only big names in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

tenor.gif

The Titan roster is also overall better. Great O line , good D line .. need better DB's and maybe another WR . They have about 50 mill in cap room and not many FA's they have to resign. Looks like next year they will have 5-6 key players eligible for free agency. But no doubt the franchise is in excellent shape. They also have all their draft picks.

16 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I think you need to consider McDaniels may prefer Nashville to Indianapolis.  Don't be surprised if it happens.