Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ian Rapoport: Colts coaching search down to McDaniels or Vrabel

stitches

5 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I don't think it will be McDaniels. Titans are late to the party - Colts have already interviewed McDaniels. Titans have to wait a few more weeks. If McDaniels already has an agreement in place, it also reflects badly to change his mind at the last moment.

No worse than when BB quit the Jets.  Nobody cares about that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Restored said:

You really are grasping at straws here. The Giants have an absolute mess in their organization right now from there front office all the way down to their locker room at the present time. And the Irsay fodder is flat out wrong as well. Irsay has respect all around the league despite his personal issues and his tendency to speak his mind in unorthodox ways.

And you think the Colts don't?

What exactly about this past season has proven the Colts are stable beyond your fandom?

For months they kept talking about how Luck would return only for him to go on IR.

The Giants team had a lot of injuries and got rid of McAdoo and at least after that the team seemed to gather itself by the end.

More from Florio:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/14/will-josh-mcdaniels-choose-the-colts/

...The Titans job remains a wildcard in this potential hire, since a decision to make a coaching change could reunite McDaniels with former Patriots executive Jon Robinson. The deeper question for McDaniels is whether he’d choose working with Marcus Mariota over working with Luck.

Mariota has the potential to be great, but Luck has the potential to be greater, assuming his shoulder fully heals.

With McDaniels and Ballard, the Colts have the potential to be make Indianapolis great again (#MIGA?), which definitely will have Patriots fans hoping for anything but McDaniels joining the team that instigated #DeflateGate three years ago as of Thursday.

Share this:

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Polian, who was let go by Irsay has the utmost respect for Irsay as does Dungy and Peyton.

Well I don't doubt they publically say the right things especially Peyton.

Doesn't mean they don't believe he's stable either.

Just now, CF4L said:

What exactly about this past season has proven the Colts are stable beyond your fandom?

For months they kept talking about how Luck would return only for him to go on IR.

The Giants team had a lot of injuries and got rid of McAdoo and at least after that the team seemed to gather itself by the end.

I mean, you don't have the Colts players calling each other "cancer" or hating on each other. You don't have your coach benching your star QB and starting a QB that everyone knows is terrible. This Irsay hate is ridiculous. He's well respected by many people in the league. Just because he complains about Manning doesn't mean he's a bad executive. Sure, Irsay talked about Luck, but that has nothing to do with Colts being stable or not.

Just now, CF4L said:

Well I don't doubt they publically say the right things especially Peyton.

Doesn't mean they don't believe he's stable either.

Rappoport(and various other national insiders) have said that Irsay is respected. It's not just Polian/Dungy. 

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Florio wrote that article. It's poorly written and I wouldn't trust him. As of now, the Titans aren't in the running and I don't expect them to make any moves until next year(if they choose to do so).

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Pretty important quote just a sentence before what you quoted:

But McDaniels, we’re told, is fascinated with the prospect of coaching Andrew Luck, a player McDaniels believes can mentally match Tom Brady — and physically exceed him.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

How about that they have one of the most respected up and coming GM’s in the league? That they’ve had one losing season in the past six years?

Irsay acknowledged that his timeline was wrong and that Luck’s comeback took way longer than they anticipated. Irsay is only at fault for being overly optimistic but not for being purposely dishonest like you are alluding to.

For the shade thrown at Pagano, we can atleast say that he never lost the locker room the way that McAdoo did. Not to mention, the Giants are closer to a flat out reset than the Colts are.

11 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Pretty important quote just a sentence before what you quoted:

But McDaniels, we’re told, is fascinated with the prospect of coaching Andrew Luck, a player McDaniels believes can mentally match Tom Brady — and physically exceed him.

Wonder the Pat  fans don't run McDaniel out of town with a statement like that!

36 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Well considering Irsay let the Perfect season in 2009 get thrown away 

As well as dumping Manning after he got hurt (which was a blessing in disguise for Peyton in retrospect) and complained about only winning one SB. 

Yeah I don't get how you gather the Giants are worse in that regard.

That being said I think Daddy Mara was the better owner than his son who seems to appear more stable.

And Irsay is a better owner than his father but is a loose cannon.

So Irsay, the "loose cannon", should have interfered in 2009 and told Bill Polian and the coaching staff how to proceed?

Just now, BOTT said:

So Irsay, the "loose cannon", should have interfered in 2009 and told Bill Polian and the coaching staff how to proceed?

The Poster you are talking with hates Irsay, so no matter what you say it wont change their mind. You are correct it was Polian's call to stop the perfect season and Irsay didn't want to step on his toes/butt in. Also regarding letting Manning go and rolling with Luck was the 100% right move. Manning understood that and he and Irsay still get along great despite what some may think. He paid Manning 25 Mill in 2011 and Manning didn't even play a down. We simply needed to rebuild and went with the a 21 year old QB. If Irsay had any ill will against Manning he wouldn't of put a statue up of him which was Irsay's call.

14 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

If Luck can throw the ball.

Just a convenient sentence to leave out is all.

I'm not trying to get ahead of myself. It's very possible the Titans fire Mularkey and put a full court press on McDaniels. Being unbiased, it's arguable which opening is better. I'd hope Luck, and a familiar fallback option in Brissett, would be enough to entice him. But injured Luck/Brissett vs Mariota is an interesting debate. Then again Mariota's dealt with some sort of leg injury every year, and a huge part of his game is mobility, so I think that could also be a cause for concern.

16 hours ago, Shive said:

If they had Jimmy G waiting in the wings, but with a 40 year old Brady and no groomed QB behind him, they're not exactly a desirable HC spot post-BB. Add in the reported internal conflict with BB, Kraft, and Brady and I can imagine McDaniels would see our HC position as much more desirable.

Nicely put 

Let’s see 20 somethings Luck, and Brissett vs 40 something TB and 30 something retread Hoyer

37 minutes ago, Restored said:

How about that they have one of the most respected up and coming GM’s in the league? That they’ve had one losing season in the past six years?

Irsay acknowledged that his timeline was wrong and that Luck’s comeback took way longer than they anticipated. Irsay is only at fault for being overly optimistic but not for being purposely dishonest like you are alluding to.

For the shade thrown at Pagano, we can atleast say that he never lost the locker room the way that McAdoo did. Not to mention, the Giants are closer to a flat out reset than the Colts are.

Well Jimbo should've kept his mouth shut its not hard many owners can do that. Mara did that for most of the season until benching Eli blew up in his face. 

Well back then I believe he should've interfered I'm referring to everything after that I wish he stayed out of it.

Again loose cannon you don't know what to expect especially since now he's left to his own devices. 

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

IMG_0851.thumb.JPG.98da5d5be59ab019b1a5b39382eade24.JPG

You guys are some nuts.  lol

I mean it's not like there aren't any questions surrounding Luck right now.  We won't know if he is good to go for sure until he gets back out there and starts throwing.  Sometimes people take statements of fact as being negative way too much.  Not singling you out BOTT just conveniently using your post to make a point. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

You guys are some nuts.  lol

I mean it's not like there aren't any questions surrounding Luck right now.  We won't know if he is good to go for sure until he gets back out there and starts throwing.  Sometimes people take statements of fact as being negative way too much.  Not singling you out BOTT just conveniently using your post to make a point. 

We know there are questions about Luck....it just doesn't need to be pointed out in a negative manner every time he is mentioned.  We got it the first 10000 times.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Poster you are talking with hates Irsay, so no matter what you say it wont change their mind. You are correct it was Polian's call to stop the perfect season and Irsay didn't want to step on his toes/butt in. Also regarding letting Manning go and rolling with Luck was the 100% right move. Manning understood that and he and Irsay still get along great despite what some may think. He paid Manning 25 Mill in 2011 and Manning didn't even play a down. We simply needed to rebuild and went with the a 21 year old QB. If Irsay had any ill will against Manning he wouldn't of put a statue up of him which was Irsay's call.

Or Jimbo just wanted to latch onto the last remnant of Colts glory because life after Manning hasn't panned out the way he expected.

People seem to ignore his comments about his disappointment about Manning winning only 1 ring and his comments after the Colts beat the Broncos in the AFC Divisional round of how he was right.

He's been real silent since then. Now its about bringing Manning back into the fold as if he didn't say all this or something.

That being said being dumped by the Colts was the best thing to happen at that point in Peyton's career on so I don't feel that bad for him either.

3 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Or Jimbo just wanted to latch onto the last remnant of Colts glory because life after Manning hasn't panned out the way he expected.

People seem to ignore his comments about his disappointment about Manning winning only 1 ring and his comments after the Colts beat the Broncos in the AFC Divisional round of how he was right.

He's been real silent since then. Now its about bringing Manning back into the fold as if he didn't say all this or something.

That being said being dumped by the Colts was the best thing to happen at that point in Peyton's career on so I don't feel that bad for him either.

I just don't get your hate for an owner that has been Great in reality. You basically hate him because he made a comment = that he was disappointed in only winning 1 SB while Manning was here. I think most of us in here think we should've won more than 1 SB and many people have Posted that in here. We all love Manning and understand he is the greatest player we have ever had in Indy but I just don't see Manning as the type to hold any grudges on a comment made like that. If Irsay would've said something like Manning was just ok here but wasn't as great as people think then that is different. Irsay has always said Manning is one of the best ever. Irsay was behind drafting Peyton over Leaf too by the way, Polian wasn't sure which way to go. Same for Luck over RG3 as Grigson liked RG3's talent. We are the 2nd winningest franchise since Jimbo has been our owner only behind the Patriots regarding overall wins + have won a SB, so nobody should hate the man.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Right Mariota is healthy. Luck is not.

Thanks for pinting that out ... AGAIN.

and in case we miss this, i see you pointed it out on the next page..... AGAIN.

i guess i should be happy you didnt mention Irsay's addictions in this post though.

Look, he'll either be fine or he wont.  Time will tell.  But with the uncertainty, its just as easily to assume the best as the worse.  Nothing will turn out any differently, but life is a little better in the meantime.  Look toward the light.