• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

It has been reported, Tennessee wants McDaniels... Just sayin

Eh highly doubtful they fire a coach after making the 2nd Rd of the playoffs 

Just now, richard pallo said:

Yeah, If they get blown out she might have a change of heart.  She might make a run at McDaniels.

I don't think they could. Think about it, they couldn't interview him until after the Super Bowl, assuming the Patriots win next week too.  It's far too late in the game now to fire a head coach and get interviews in. 

8 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Who gives % what he's doing today, again that's completely irrelevant to what my point was.

Relax man. It is not irrelevant. Your point is that Brock would have had the same result as Peyton. I don't feel based on his performances that would have even been remotely true. Cause if he was a good as an old age Peyton, he'd led the a Texans to a title(who have a very strong D as well)

55 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The way Mularkey is coaching in the playoff game, have to consider McDaniels might end up in Tennessee

Better get Dave Toub on the phone quick!

It wouldn’t surprise me.  If they were on the fence with him then one playoff win shouldn’t have changed their minds. Doesn’t everyone beat the Chiefs in the playoffs anyway?

At the end of the day, we still have no idea what is going on - just a bunch of fans, thinking out loud and reacting to the latest on social media.  

If it's McDaniels, if he wants the job, great. 

If not, whoTF knows.  Maybe Vrabel is the right choice... something that might be obvious to us four years from now.  That's how these things often seem to work.

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Relax man. It is not irrelevant. Your point is that Brock would have had the same result as Peyton. I don't feel based on his performances that would have even been remotely true. Cause if he was a good as an old age Peyton, he'd led the a Texans to a title(who have a very strong D as well)

You're projecting and making assumptions beyond what I was saying. No that wasn't my point, I was "point"ing to the FACT, not opinion or assumption, that Brock had already lead Denver to a win over New England and that he "could" have done it again. What he did with Houston or the breakfast he ate with his mom yesterday is IRRELEVANT to what I said.

That 2016 Houston team wasn't close to what that 2015 Denver team was, especially the coaching staff.

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

You're projecting and making assumptions beyond what I was saying. No that wasn't my point, I was "point"ing to the FACT, not opinion or assumption, that Brock had already lead Denver to a win over New England and that he "could" have done it again. What he did with Houston or the breakfast he ate with his mom yesterday is IRRELEVANT to what I said.

Perhaps. 

But there's an even bigger question, what's all this gotta do with the next head coach of the Colts?

1.  Andrew luck

2.  3rd overall pick

3.  Ballard 

4.  Tremendous cap space

5.  An owner always willing to spend

6.  An owner with proven patience

7.  An owner desperate to win and rehab (shhhhh) his reputation after an entire season of having his honesty and judgement impugned.....

I just have to say Indy would seem a top job to land.  I'll be excited if it's McDaniels.  And I have to believe he'd be excited to land here......only time will tell and the wait is killing me, but i just cant see how the Colts shouldn't be able to land their top candidate....

52 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah, If they get blown out she might have a change of heart.  She might make a run at McDaniels.

Per NFL rules, the Titans wouldn't be able to interview McDaniels until after the championship games. They're already at a significant disadvantage.

Doesn't mean they won't fire Mularkey -- they probably should, IMO -- but it would be hard for them to swoop in on McDaniels, or any other coach whose team is still in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

The way Mularkey is coaching in the playoff game, have to consider McDaniels might end up in Tennessee

Better get Dave Toub on the phone quick!

No way Tennessee fires Mularchy after getting them to the divisional playoffs. Ain't happening. I live in Nashville and I've heard his job is safe and the owner already said he is the coach going forward in 2018. 

McDaniels Pluses:

1) has more rings than Vrabel

2) OC'ed Matt Cassell to an 11-5 record

3) did not get his Super Bowl rings stolen

4) Yacht loads of QB, OC experience, Smaller-Boat loads of head coaching experience

McDaniels Minuses:

1) immediately was surrounded in controversy after being hired by Denver & lost their #1 QB "franchise" 

2) managed to somehow get fired right before christmas (who does that?)

3) video-taping scandal

4) let Tom Brady yell at him

Vrabel pluses:

1) Can beat McDaniels in arm wrestling

2) Can beat McDaniels at anything physical

3) meh

Vrabel minuses:

1) No HC experience

2) Would lose to McDaniels at Tetris

3) All three of his Super Bowl rings were stolen

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

McDaniels Pluses:

1. 1) has more rings than Vrabel
  2. 2) OC'ed Matt Cassell to an 11-5 record
  3. 3) did not get his Super Bowl rings stolen
  4. 4) Yacht loads of QB, OC experience, Smaller-Boat loads of head coaching experience

McDaniels Minuses:

1) immediately was surrounded in controversy after being hired by Denver & lost their #1 QB "franchise" 

2) managed to somehow get fired right before christmas (who does that?)

3) video-taping scandal

4) let Tom Brady yell at him

Vrabel pluses:

1) Can beat McDaniels in arm wrestling

2) Can beat McDaniels at anything physical

3) meh

Vrabel minuses:

1) No HC experience

2) Would lose to McDaniels at Tetris

3) All three of his Super Bowl rings were stolen

All valid points lol

I am not feeling Vrabel, either.

Luckily, signs are pointing to McDaniels. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Eh highly doubtful they fire a coach after making the 2nd Rd of the playoffs 

I don't think they could. Think about it, they couldn't interview him until after the Super Bowl, assuming the Patriots win next week too.  It's far too late in the game now to fire a head coach and get interviews in. 

Not quite true.  They can interview during that bye week.  I don’t expect them to fire him though.  It’s more Mariota than it is Murlarkey.

Ok Boys and Girls.....

One more week officially of having no HC

Pittsburgh should beat NE if they get past Jaxx, however if Jaxx wins then we are HCoachless until Feb. 5th

And in the words of the late great TP... the wayayting is the harrrrrdessst parhart

Go Colts!!

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Why can’t the announcement be made, while the playoffs are going on?

It could be, however I think it's not because of one or two reasons.

1) Respect of potential distraction.

2) McDaniels knows he is not going to have absolute power when signed with the Colts, so this is his only chance to hold all the cards before having to play partners...Ha!!

Wouldn't it be a hoot, if this whole thing was a way to get out of Chuck's 4 year extension.

Picture this: Colts announce they are bringing back Pags on a new 4 year contract for 200 bucks... Only after all the staff has officially been signed elsewhere. This way chuck didn't have to scapegoat them....haha

Awe Mannnn... Beer is goooooood!!

Why would McDaniels take a Titans job where they just fired their coach after making the playoffs, getting there first playoff win in a long time, and then losing to the top seed on the road???  Don’t get me wrong, Mularkey sucks but talk about a lack of patience...  McDaniels has turned down opportunities under similar circumstances and I believe he’d do the same with Tennessee.  imho...

56 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Why can’t the announcement be made, while the playoffs are going on?

That's the rule. An assistant coach can't take a new job until his team is done playing. Assuming the Pats go to the SB, McDaniels and Patricia can't accept a HC position before then. 

It's part of the rule that requires teams to allow coaches to interview before their season ends. The teams agreed to allow that, but don't want coaches openly working for another team while they still have responsibilities to their current team. 

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's the rule. An assistant coach can't take a new job until his team is done playing. Assuming the Pats go to the SB, McDaniels and Patricia can't accept a HC position before then. 

It's part of the rule that requires teams to allow coaches to interview before their season ends. The teams agreed to allow that, but don't want coaches openly working for another team while they still have responsibilities to their current team. 

They can verbally commit to the job and even go as far as having their coaching staff in place but, not hired.

9 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

They can verbally commit to the job and even go as far as having their coaching staff in place but, not hired.

Teams are technically not allowed to offer jobs, and coaches are not allowed to accept them. We all know that handshake deals are made behind closed doors. Shanahan was helping the Niners pick a GM during the playoffs last year, and he had half of his staff filled just a couple days after he was introduced.