Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilks declines interview, bring on Josh!!

Indeee

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Colts cancelled meeting 

IMG_4552.PNG

This. Because no DC is going to tell a GM, no thanks I don't want an interview. After an interview the person being interviewed may turn down the position but nobody is turning down an actual interview to be a HC. That makes 0 sense. We decided to move on like the Post reads.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This. Because no DC is going to tell a GM, no thanks I don't want an interview. After an interview the person being interviewed may turn down the position but nobody is turning down an actual interview to be a HC. That makes 0 sense. We decided to move on like the Post reads.

48-La4Vw_normal.jpg Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

#Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks has no plans to interview with the #Colts for their HC job at this time, as they appear more focused on offensive candidates.

24 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Rappaport has issued that Wilks has declined Colts Interview. Stating Colts wanting Offensive minded HC. 

Seems like it was Josh all along, unless something really takes a turn in another direction.

Josh McDaniels or Pat Shurmur I hope. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mike Wells, who covers the Colts for ESPN, says it was Wilks who cancelled. The Colts wanted him to interview earlier in the week and his schedule was full with other interviews.  Was supposed to interview today and took his name out of the mix.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

48-La4Vw_normal.jpg Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

#Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks has no plans to interview with the #Colts for their HC job at this time, as they appear more focused on offensive candidates.

That can be seen also as - the Colts declined to interview Steve Wilks at this time because they appear more focused on Offensive candidates. See I can be slick like the media and twist things like they do. I think what I am Posting here makes much more sense. Seriously doubt Steve Wilks is going to say no thanks Chris if offered an interview to be a HeadCoach. Like I said makes no sense and would make him look bad as well.

2 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Mike Wells, who covers the Colts for ESPN, says it was Wilks who cancelled. The Colts wanted him to interview earlier in the week and his schedule was full with other interviews.  Was supposed to interview today and took his name out of the mix.

That’s disconcerting.  Nagy can’t sign with the Bears fast enough after his interview and now Wilks eschews his Colts interview altogether.  I wonder what they know that we all don’t.   

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That can be seen also as - the Colts declined to interview Steve Wilks at this time because they appear more focused on Offensive candidates. See I can be slick like the media and twist things like they do. I think what I am Posting here makes much more sense. Seriously doubt Steve Wilks is going to say no thanks Chris if offered an interview to be a HeadCoach. Like I said makes no sense and would make him look bad as well.

Unless, Wilks knows he's going to get Giants or cards gig. I personally didn't want Wilks, so I'm not bummed at all. Either way, No Wilks

8 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Maybe we changed our minds as well and we related to him we no longer wanted the interview. Not sure why people are putting a negative spin on this. I am actually getting a freakin headache talking about this and I am moving on because I really don't even care at this point.

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That’s disconcerting.  Nagy can’t sign with the Bears fast enough after his interview and now Wilks eschews his Colts interview altogether.  I wonder what they know that we all don’t.   

I know exactly what they know/knew...  And that’s We Didn’t Want Them...  Plain & simple.

Not sure I buy the Colts canceling the interview.  Not saying it's impossible, I just think it's highly unlikely.

I think it's more likely that (A) Wilks is condident he's got a solid job offer elsewhere and (B)  Wilks believes the Colts would prefer an offensive guy.

That's odd since we've focused on TWO OCs and THREE DCs.     

Hmmm?    Curious?   

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure I buy the Colts canceling the interview.  Not saying it's impossible, I just think it's highly unlikely.

I think it's more likely that (A) Wilks is condident he's got a solid job offer elsewhere and (B)  Wilks believes the Colts would prefer an offensive guy.

That's odd since we've focused on TWO OCs and THREE DCs.     

Hmmm?    Curious?   

It's been McDaniels from the jump, the Colts just have had interviews in case something fell through. Let's hope, that if it does turn out to be Josh, that we can potentially bring in Kris Richard as DC. That would be solid

37 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It either means A.) We are very interested in Josh McDaniels or B.) The worst case scenario is true that Luck may never play again and Ballard is telling coaching candidates that and they don't want to coach here. Lets hope it's A, because B would be a disaster.

41 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Josh McDaniels or Pat Shurmur I hope. 

Have the Colts even asked permission to interview Shurmur? I have not seen anything on the Vikings site about the Colts having interest in Shurmur, which is strange. I think Shurmur would be great with Luck. 

I think the new Colts head coach will be McDaniels. It does not look like Wilks will fill any one of the 4 remaining coaching vacancies. I think he would be great with the Giants. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Have the Colts even asked permission to interview Shurmur? I have not seen anything on the Vikings site about the Colts having interest in Shurmur, which is strange. I think Shurmur would be great with Luck. 

I think the new Colts head coach will be McDaniels. It does not look like Wilks will fill any one of the 4 remaining coaching vacancies. I think he would be great with the Giants. 

I haven't heard anything regarding Shurmur either which is odd.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't heard anything regarding Shurmur either which is odd.

Perhaps it is because it seems that Shurmur and Keenum are a package deal. The Colts don't need a QB. As ColtsBlueFL noted above, it looks like Shurmur is the leading candidate for the Cardinals head coaching job.

I believe it has been josh mcdaniels the whole time.  Anybody know the actual rule on whether we can officially announce a coach who is still in playoffs?  If we are allowed to announce while a coach is still coaching, i believe  belichick probably told patricia and mcdaniels to not allow the news to get out so there is no outside distraction for the playoff push.  Jm hopefully can lure nate solder over to play left tackle.  Go sign the guard from carolina then draft barkley.  Line set and running back set.  

Its obviously McDaniels and he's already been given the job.  And these cities media are trying to spin all the new coaches that  signed for their cities team turned down the colts and that they were going after somebody else the entire time.  Big city media at its finest.  Colts got their guy for good or bad.

15 minutes ago, Jbatc18 said:

I believe it has been josh mcdaniels the whole time.  Anybody know the actual rule on whether we can officially announce a coach who is still in playoffs?  If we are allowed to announce while a coach is still coaching, i believe  belichick probably told patricia and mcdaniels to not allow the news to get out so there is no outside distraction for the playoff push.  Jm hopefully can lure nate solder over to play left tackle.  Go sign the guard from carolina then draft barkley.  Line set and running back set.  

No contract would be allowed to be signed until New England either loses or wins it all.

I think Ballard truly wants to interview a lot of candidates and Nagys and Wilkes agents are pressuring Ballard to choose their guy now.  Ballard won’t and they are afraid to wait so they go elsewhere and spin it favorably for themselves.  That’s my theory anyway.

7 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I think Ballard truly wants to interview a lot of candidates and Nagys and Wilkes agents are pressuring Ballard to choose their guy now.  Ballard won’t and they are afraid to wait so they go elsewhere and spin it favorably for themselves.  That’s my theory anyway.

I can buy that as well. That makes sense. Agents want the best for their clients.

14 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m not buying that the Colts wanted an offensive guy. Goes against everything Ballard said about there being no pre-requisites for any of the candidates. 

You all look too into what he said at that press conference he was prolly just saying stuff to make the fan base think he's looking at every one but I'm sure Ballard and Irsay had a little bit of a idea if they wanted a offensive or defensive coach 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

You all look too into what he said at that press conference he was prolly just saying stuff to make the fan base think he's looking at every one but I'm sure Ballard and Irsay had a little bit of a idea if they wanted a offensive or defensive coach 

You ready for McDaniels because it's coming IMO.

Weather the Colts canceled it or he declined the one thing that’s clear in both accounts is the report the Colts want an offensive mind.  Since Nagy took the job with the Bears that leaves McDaniels and the guy from Baylor who I hope isn’t serious option, but that’s another topic.  No one else they have reported to talk to is an offensive guy.  

Add to that that the Lions and Cardinals don’t seem to be going after McDaniels and that the Bears and Raiders have both hired coaches that leaves the Colts and Giants as the two suitors for McDaniels.  

I think McDaniels is emerging as the favorite in terms of who the Colts want.  I think the question will become does he want the Colts or would he rather have the Giants or go back to New England.  

4 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/11/report-matt-rhule-withdraws-from-colts-coaching-search/

Rhule is out of the running as well. It kind of sounds like rumors are getting around the coaching circles the job has been filled or something for all these coaches to withdraw or except other jobs this quickly. 

Yep. I knew there was no way we were hiring him. Thanks for the update.

Look, you don't cancel a HC coaching interview in the NFL unless it is clearly a waste of time. This leaves us with 3 scenarios:

1) Wilkes already has a job offer or want to stay as DC and felt like he needed to come up with an excuse for cancelling the interview (e.g. the "They want an OC-minded HC" line).

2) Colts have talked to Wilkes or his agent and implied that we want an OC-minded coach and believe that we already have found our guy but that Wilkes are welcome to come by and try to change our minds.

3) We want McDaniels, McDaniels want the Colts, and Wilkes has heard this from somebody he trust enough to give up the interview.