Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Colts Head Coach Discussions (merge) The Indianapolis Colts Are Officially Eliminated From The 2017 Playoffs

BlueShoe

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Just reported in Tampa Bay Times that the owners have told Koetter that his job is safe and he will be returning for 2018.  If all the reports of Gruden looking to return to the NFL are true then we might be in his headlights. 

On 12/19/2017 at 12:03 PM, The Fish said:

Jeff Fisher is eyeing the Chi, Indy and Cle gigs...

I almost threw up in my mouth thinking about Fisher as the Colts coach.

Honest to god, I'd keep Pagano over hiring Fisher.

The fact that the Rams have played so well without Fisher shows how bad of a coach he had become.  

7 hours ago, Restored said:

Totally forgot about the GM/Pats connection there. If he lands there, it leaves Toub on the table as the other logical fit here in Indy. Harbaugh isn't even an option for me at this point given that Michigan has made him the supreme ruler of everything up there.

If Mularkey gets fired Mcdaniels has another good situation in Tenn also.  The GM there is also from the Pats and I could totally see Mariota in that Tom Brady offense also.

Hello fellow Colts fans and may you all have a great new years eve and 2018 ;)

Okay, I just re-watched Chris Ballards introduction press conference, and one thing he said a few times were, Defence wins championships. 

I know Saquon Barkley is a possibality at RB, but I cant see the colts and Ballard not selecting Bradley Chubb at #3.

He would strengthen the defence right away, and help us get to the QB.

Furthermore we have Mathis as the pass rush coach, at the moment, which can change with the new coaching staff come black monday. But Ballard wants to keep the old colts players in house, so I dont think Mathis will go with Pagano and the rest of the staff. 

Im dont really have a favorite player that we just have to draft, at #3, as there are so many players that could and would strengthen our roster, but with Ballards words that defence wins championships, I feel pretty sure we take Chubb over a RB like Barkley. 

Furthermore, Ballard knows this guy Lovie Smith currently the HC at University of Illinois, which could be the surprise next HC of the Colts.

Im not saying he will be the next HC for the Colts, but I definitely wont rule him out, as he had one hell of a defence in Chicago which Ballard loves. 

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/New-GM-Chris-Ballard-Introductory-Press-Conference/3e273181-a174-4e31-87d4-9e9dbbc41687     

I know this post is a bit messed up, and initially it was an answer to the draft talk, but kept thinking about what kind of a coach Ballard wants. And he have worked with Lovie Smith before, and he want a coach he trusts and knows. 

What are your thoughts about Lovie Smith as a possible next Colts HC? 

Sorry for the messed up post :)

Best wishes for the new year from a Colts fan in Denmark 

Happy New Year Colts fans :)

Thorsten Kudahl

Consider this: Lovie Smith is worse at creating an offensive identity and hiring/overseeing offensive coordinators than Chuck Pagano is.  He went through 4 in Chicago.  And look, he just fired his OC at Illinois a few days ago. 

Andrew Luck has already had 3.  I'm hoping the next one is the last one, or at least for a while.

Just felt like I had to say this. Pagano your a damn good man!  And you will always have my respect!  I know it needed to happen but I still hate to see a good human being leave this organization!  Im sure we are better for having you be a part of this team. CHUCKSTRONG!   

The more I think about Chuck, ...the more I think he was born to be anything but a head coach. An authoritarian head coach with a player’s coach like Chuck on the staff would be the best  of both worlds. 

I wish him the very best in the future, but I’m glad he’s not the Indy HC anymore.

I could listen to Ballard talk all day. He seems to be completely set and focused with his plan for the team. Really excited to see who he picks to be the new HC. From listening to him I feel like I can trust his judgment.

Whether it’s Toub, McDaniels, or someone out of left field I think I’m on board with whatever Ballard is going to do. He’s already proven he can evaluate talent with one draft and FA period under his belt.

With all the cap space and the third pick to go along with the new coaching staff this off season gives me a lot of hope. Don’t think the Colts will be signing guys like RJF and Laron Landry. Or drafting someone like Bjoern Werner or Phillip Dorsett. My body is ready.

Although it is always difficult to see someone lose his job, I don't think Chuck would have been overly surprised by the outcome following this season.

That said, from what I have watched over in the UK, we have not been that far away from having a decent season.

We were in winning positions in a number of games we lost, so is that just bad luck (apologies for the pun) or is it a lack of winning mentality instilled into the players.

Either way it doesn't really matter as the season is over, however surely the next season has got to be better with a new head coach and fit again QB, could be a big one for the Colts.

An exciting 9 months beckons.

Colts head coach search starting with Josh McDaniels.  I live in Denver and his time here was a nightmare for Bronco fans and players.  It was a disaster and it will be a disaster for the Colts.  I think bringing Ballard in was good, but i doubt McDaniels is Ballards first choice.  Irsay needs to stay out and let Ballard build the team and coaches.Having Luck back next year will make most averages coaches look good, but McDaniels is not a proven head coach.  Missing out on "chuckie" is bad.  Maybe they can talk bill cower back into coaching?  What about Harbaugh, any chance he can coach at the pro level... i know his stint in SF went good, but none of the player wanted to play for him, so im not sure if that is a good idea.

2 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

What are the chances we could get Belichick with a lot of the "Belichick has been set up to leave NE for a long time" talk? Serious question, but I'm sure I'll be laughed off the stage. lol

He's close to retirement I'm not wanting to get a coach that will coach for 2 or 3 seasons max then retire 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He's close to retirement I'm not wanting to get a coach that will coach for 2 or 3 seasons max then retire 

He's a cheater, but there is no better option for coaches available or not available if you're looking to win now. Luck's best years are being wasted. If he can come back at 95-110%, there aren't three guys that would give you two or three better seasons than Belichick with a healthy Luck.

1 minute ago, IcyRhythms said:

He's a cheater, but there is no better option for coaches available or not available if you're looking to win now. Luck's best years are being wasted. If he can come back at 95-110%, there aren't three guys that would give you two or three better seasons than Belichick with a healthy Luck.

If Bill leaves NE he will be done he will never coach anywhere else 

10 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

Gruden is a fair worse coach than bill and he is about to make 10m a year.. So I think Bill gets offers north of that number and will coach where ever he wants.

Sure but Bill is loaded he may want to relax instead of dealing with a whole new team and all the stress and I wouldn't blame him at all he has acoplished everything possible 

17 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure but Bill is loaded he may want to relax instead of dealing with a whole new team and all the stress and I wouldn't blame him at all he has acoplished everything possible 

Very true, gruden is loaded too and has a way more cushy job than HC. I think Bill is the type to still coach as long has he can put together a contender and have that kind of control somewhere else. I am sure he wouldnt mind playing the pats every year or something like that also. 

38 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

He’s the tight end coach.   I’m not sure about him but I don’t want them to lose Sanjay lal, the wr coach.  

I'm with you.  I don't want to lose him either.  He has a great reputation and following.  Sammy Watkins really spoke of him in glowing terms when he was in Buffalo.  Watkins is an impending FA this year so you never know if having him here could help if he does make it to FA.