Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On a positive note from yesterday's game

Coffeedrinker

Kyle Kalis was quite the find.  Of course he played for Michigan so it's not surprising he was plug and play.  But that is the best RG play I've seen from the Colts for years.  He made one big mistake that I saw and that was in the 4th quarter when they looped the DT to the inside but Kalis committed to helping on the outside and the defender basically had a free shot at Brissett. but other than that... wow.  He got some great push in the running game and he really teamed up well with Kelly to form the top of the pocket.

If the Colts can get Good back at RT, this line is really starting to shape up.  

Next year, we could be looking at AC, Boyd, Kelly, Kalis, Good and that is a good line.

He was decent his feet look lost a time or two. My game balls go to Doyle and Anderson. Kelly played well, Haeg had the worst outing of any of the o linemen yesterday.

Side note, do not tade TY or Anderson!!! Trade Davis or even Gore. Even thoigh Gore has played well, he deserves a chance for a ring. Send him to SEA. Maybe for a bench defender and a 7th?

6 minutes ago, life long said:

He was decent his feet look lost a time or two. My game balls go to Doyle and Anderson. Kelly played well, Haeg had the worst outing of any of the o linemen yesterday.

Side note, do not tade TY or Anderson!!! Trade Davis or even Gore. Even thoigh Gore has played well, he deserves a chance for a ring. Send him to SEA. Maybe for a bench defender and a 7th?

Gore in Seattle would be epic....he would fit that offense perfectly. Anderson was legit yesterday....looked very good...of course a lot of lineman have looked good against Cincy this year. Doyle looked like what we paid him to look like. We had some good play...we just didn't put it all together at crunch time.

31 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I am pretty sure Clark was benched. Unbelievable difference.  Kalis really stood out.  Why he didn't play before Clark is baffling.  We really need a new OL coach.  

He has only been with the team since Oct 2.  I'm not surprised they gave him a couple of weeks to get comfortable.

He is a real mauler in the run game.  Probably the most physical interior lineman the Colts have had since DeMulling.

59 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I am pretty sure Clark was benched. Unbelievable difference.  Kalis really stood out.  Why he didn't play before Clark is baffling.  We really need a new OL coach.  

Clarke was playing horribly and after a while was removed . Never saw an injury .. so looks like 2+2 is 4 ?

36 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He has only been with the team since Oct 2.  I'm not surprised they gave him a couple of weeks to get comfortable.

He is a real mauler in the run game.  Probably the most physical interior lineman the Colts have had since DeMulling.

Great to see someone working out.  Even though he played for that school up north, I really no nothing about him.  

Why was he available?   

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Great to see someone working out.  Even though he played for that school up north, I really no nothing about him.  

Why was he available?   

He was on the Redskins practice squad.  Why, I don't know.

Impressive win this weekend BTW.... congrats.  Of course now it will be all the sweeter when Blue beats OSU. :)

Is this post endorsed by Be Happy Chuck? Man, the colts need a good case of a Jim Mora chewing out theses babies and saying what is real. Is everyone that soft to go into a fetal position.. The team is 2 and 6; not 6 and 2. Positive is season is half over.

Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

He was on the Redskins practice squad.  Why, I don't know.

Impressive win this weekend BTW.... congrats.  Of course now it will be all the sweeter when Blue beats OSU. :)

Lol!  Will that be in your lifetime?

Hey, I love Michigatz players when they join the Colts and work out.  A couple years ago I ran the Colts 5k and got a medal in my age group (ancient).  They had Marlon handing them out and shaking hands.  

When he gave me mine I said “Go Bucks!”.  My wife has the picture of him lunging after me as I slipped away.   

Just now, Smonroe said:

Hey, I love Michigatz players when they join the Colts and work out.  A couple years ago I ran the Colts 5k and got a medal in my age group (ancient).  They had Marlin Jackson handing them out and shaking hands.  

When he gave me mine I said “Go Bucks!”.  My wife has the picture of him lunging after me as I slipped away.   

You meant Marlin Jackson, right? :) 

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Hey, I love Michigatz players when they join the Colts and work out.  A couple years ago I ran the Colts 5k and got a medal in my age group (ancient).  They had Marlon handing them out and shaking hands.  

It will happen this year.

One of my co-workers is a Buckeye and we have a standing lunch bet on the game, I expect to get a free lunch this year.  Although he has received four so far.

42 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He did play well. 

I have no doubt he won't get a chance to play again because this coaching staff is famous for that kind of stuff. 

They'll say he doesn't play special teams well for a fat guy.

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

Is this post endorsed by Be Happy Chuck? Man, the colts need a good case of a Jim Mora chewing out theses babies and saying what is real. Is everyone that soft to go into a fetal position.. The team is 2 and 6; not 6 and 2. Positive is season is half over.

Going into a fetal position would be giving up. 

The op was merely trying to point out a positive from yesterday. This season may be a nightmare but there’s plenty to look forward to. The Oline getting better is one.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

Going into a fetal position would be giving up. 

The op was merely trying to point out a positive from yesterday. This season may be a nightmare but there’s plenty to look forward to. The Oline getting better is one.

Oline? Ours? If not giving up 10 sacks, guess that is the progress have to compare too.

5 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Kyle Kalis was quite the find.  Of course he played for Michigan so it's not surprising he was plug and play.  But that is the best RG play I've seen from the Colts for years.  He made one big mistake that I saw and that was in the 4th quarter when they looped the DT to the inside but Kalis committed to helping on the outside and the defender basically had a free shot at Brissett. but other than that... wow.  He got some great push in the running game and he really teamed up well with Kelly to form the top of the pocket.

Next year, we could be looking at AC, Boyd, Kelly, Kalis, Good and that is a good line.

Yeah I thought he looked good. What do you think about Clark?

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

Oline? Ours? If not giving up 10 sacks, guess that is the progress have to compare too.

Just curious...do you know if the 10 sacks given up were strictly on Oline issue, receivers not getting open, Brissett holding the ball too long or Cincinnati blitzing? 

5 hours ago, JColts72 said:

This post proves the lack of any type of cognitive thought process.

2 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Yeah I thought he looked good. What do you think about Clark?

Clark is an enigma... He gets in perfect postiion... he is quick off snap, great fundamentals, good hand placement, good footwork.  he just does not do anything to slow the defender once he gets there.

9 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No stop it this was said about last years line after the great final stretch they had..we don't know what will be a good line until we have a good line unfortunately and it will begin with coaching 

4 hours ago, will426 said:

No stop it this was said about last years line after the great final stretch they had..we don't know what will be a good line until we have a good line unfortunately and it will begin with coaching 

Agreed. Granted I didn’t see the game but this seems like fan overreaction. I know we’re desperate for answers but this is becoming a cycle. The same thing was said about the ILBs last year. 

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed. Granted I didn’t see the game but this seems like fan overreaction. I know we’re desperate for answers but this is becoming a cycle. The same thing was said about the ILBs last year. 

They blocked well until late in the game for the most part. I can't say it'll be nice after one game they've yet to show any consistency or be able to finish strongly..I was more focused on the def  I swear every big play was when we played zone 10 yards off it's getting so frustrating..and on plays we got great pressure /sacks  we played Press man coverage smh Ted needs to go 

11 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Just curious...do you know if the 10 sacks given up were strictly on Oline issue, receivers not getting open, Brissett holding the ball too long or Cincinnati blitzing? 

4 sacks vs Cinn,

It seems to me that when a team loses, everything is put on a microscope and things are overblown, but winning helps to erase all that.

Prime example is our game against KC in the playoffs. We won and everyone praises luck. But if we lost, luck would have gotten destroyed for all his interceptions and bad throws. 

This game was no worse than any other game we've won.  People are crapping on aiken, he had maybe 3 drops. But so did Doyle and Hilton. The line gave up its typical sacks and rushes. Brissett played well given the circumstances and somehow people are blaming him for that freak batted ball.  There's only one thing that really hurt us the most: penalties.

That was the sloppiest game for both offense and defense.  

3 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Do you think its strength or something else.

I have no idea.  I have to admit, I have not seen anything like in the NFL.  Maybe he needs 6" long cleats or something because it seems like he is on skates out there once he locks onto a defender.

Now I did not see the Jax game but in the week before, he actually had some good run blocks but they all came when he hand the angle on the defender so basically all he had to do was shield until the RB ran past.

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I have no idea.  I have to admit, I have not seen anything like in the NFL.  Maybe he needs 6" long cleats or something because it seems like he is on skates out there once he locks onto a defender.

Now I did not see the Jax game but in the week before, he actually had some good run blocks but they all came when he hand the angle on the defender so basically all he had to do was shield until the RB ran past.

Maybe no core or lower half strength certainly disappointing I thought he played well at the end of last year in a small sample size! Against Cinn I saw a play were he let a guy just abuse him getting into his chest and driving back. Cinn does have a good DL thought.

Clark seems to have no "sand in his pants", no anchoring. Looks like he blocks better when he is moving. Just can't seem to brace and hold or move guys in his stance.  Like Haeg, maybe he needs another year in the weight room to get stronger, but don't know how much that will help. Not saying much, but he is a better run blocker than pass blocker. That is one thing you notice about Kelly, the guy can anchor.