Any news on hooker yet?

VaAllDay757

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:
#Colts S Malik Hooker suffered a torn ACL and MCL today, sources say. The impressive rookie season for the first rounder is over.

Well crudmuffins.  I guess we'll never know what he could have been.  In a game where 10ths of a second matter, he'll likely never be as fast as he was prior to today.

I knw this is about Malik but this is how I knw Chuck is gone ... the amount of negativity surrounding this team is too much for him to survive. This injury albeit nothing to do w Chuck is the football gods delivering a message to Irsay. Almost a physical manifestation of divine revelation  of Chucks crippling existence to this Franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Tank time! Let's get the #1 pick!

We aren't sucky enough.

We need to actually get terrible'er'

I'm joking of course.

This stinks after waiting all offseason for football again.

4 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

What is it with the Colts and devastating , non-stop , season killing injuries every year ? Is it the field , the conditioning , what ? It's past the point of bad luck imo. 

The Colts are usually one of the league's most injured teams each year.  I think it has to do with the turf used in the practice facility and at LOS.

What could be one of the league's better safety combos in Hooker and Geathers might not even be on the field together for a full season because of injuries.  Really sucks to see this potential not be reached.  Wasn't Hooker injury-prone at OSU?

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

What could be one of the league's better safety combos in Hooker and Geathers might not even be on the field together for a full season because of injuries.  Really sucks to see this potential not be reached.  Wasn't Hooker injury-prone at OSU?

Yes, the injury bug has not been nice to him. But yesterday's injury was all on the Jags player going for the legs to block Hooker out of the way. The healthiest of players would tear their knee out with that kind of hit. There was simply nothing Hooker could have done. I don't think he even saw it coming to be honest.

I'm not going to blame the coaches for what was basically a freak accident.

But why in the world was Hooker even playing in a position where people are getting behind him?

On the play he got injured, and on that first long-bomb down the middle of the field, why was Hooker not playing deep center-field?  The same WR got behind him on both plays because of the defensive play-call.  Instead of pressing the receivers at the line and letting the best ball-hawk we have play deep over the top, we are bringing Hooker up to the line and playing off-man and giving receivers free-release...

I'm no NFL coach or anything, but PRESS THE DAMN RECEIVERS AT THE LINE AND LET HOOKER PLAY CENTER-FIELD!!!!!!!

:Gaah:

4 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

What is it with the Colts and devastating , non-stop , season killing injuries every year ? Is it the field , the conditioning , what ? It's past the point of bad luck imo. 

All 32 teams have players on injured reserve every year. It seems to hit your team worse than others because you are paying more attention to the Colts than teams you don't care about, like the Chargers. Better conditioning will not help players avoid the kind of hit that Malik Hooker took; it was just bad luck.