Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The crazy notion that Luck is unhappy....../ Luck Rumor not true/ Clearing the air ( (merge))

JRnINDY

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

I messaged a mod about the other thread lock, and worded this to be a discussion on whether or not Luck is unhappy/happy......  was told that would be ok 

If anything this is a good thread, to quell the fears. A response from Luck's agent denying the rumors. Not sure why anybody would call for this thread to be locked.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

If anything this is a good thread, to quell the fears. Not sure why anybody would call for this to be locked.

That's what I was hoping this thread would be a good depository for...... now, I personally don't see why Luck or anyone in his "camp"  would wait until the start of the season to make a stink about this, even if they were truly unhappy about how his injuries and playing time were handled....

Hey all, our position is that rumor threads are not allowed, especially when they imply that they are supported by official reports.

Fans speculating is fine, so the thread, especially the title of the thread makes that clear.

The two new threads that popped up and were merged are fine because it's just fans saying what they think and official comment from Lucks agent via Kravitz

1 minute ago, Major_Adobe said:

NO LOCK

IT'S UNLOCKED! 

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I messaged a mod about the other thread lock, and worded this to be a discussion on whether or not Luck is unhappy/happy......  was told that would be ok 

It's cool. I see now it's been merged. For a moment there we had practically three threads going on about this topic. 

7 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Also Greeny was retracting his statements, saying they were opinions 

Greenberg KNOWS better than to frame opinion as fact, or to leave the door on an opinion WIIIIDE open to conjecture that paints it in a light as if it were fact......  just irresponsible viewer/listener mongering......

Why would he be happy?(apart from being paid millions $)

The team in general is terrible, there is no consistency on the oline, he gets killed every time he plays, he has been injured for over two years, the coaching is quite frankly a joke, the team hasnt had a winning season In two years, the team just got roasted, and on it goes I see no reason for him to be happy at all to be perfectly honest.

As a long time Colts fan I am certainly not.....

And let's be more clear. 

This is also coming from ProFootballTalk, Mike Florio; aka Patriots fan. 

He takes extra shots at the Colts every chance he gets. He is always biased against the Colts, and he doesn't even try to hide it. 

Mike Florio is not a real journalist. He is a fan playing dress up. He has a job because they're are enough Patriots fans to follow him. 

When you see/hear this guy talk or read his articles, always remember first and foremost that he is a Patriots fan. 

MIKE-FLORIO_-300x251.jpg

Greenberg is on Dakich's show right now but i have missed most of it. I did hear Greenberg say he spoke to Lucks agent who did deny it. Dakich then said he has heard that Luck may not play at all this year and Greenberg said he has heard that from several people as well.  That i could deffinitely believe.  Greenberg is also going to talk about this again tomorrow on his show.

Eisen is toying around with this too.

I have no idea why these things get so much traction. If Andrew himself said he's cool, people on ESPN and Florio ect would insist he's not anyway.

The guy is paid. He's not going anywhere- irrespective of whether or not he's super excited with this squad or not.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

Why would the team NOT put Luck on IR if he wasn't going to play at all this year? It doesn't make any logical sense.

Same reason they didn't put Manning on IR the year he never played, same reason they didn't put Luck on IR the year he lacerated his kidney.  They want to hold out hope he can return plus not kill business.

39 minutes ago, Indy500 said:

Why would he be happy?(apart from being paid millions $)

The team in general is terrible, there is no consistency on the oline, he gets killed every time he plays, he has been injured for over two years, the coaching is quite frankly a joke, the team hasnt had a winning season In two years, the team just got roasted, and on it goes I see no reason for him to be happy at all to be perfectly honest.

As a long time Colts fan I am certainly not.....

Yeah, Pagano and company have had six years to fix this and it's still a mess. 

Hell, Luck sitting all year and us pulling a San Antonio Spurs lost season with injured Admiral, and ending up with a * talent bump because of it, may be best case scenario...... not popular or fun short-term,  but looks what you can get for a QB hungry team when you trade high picks and there are guys like Darnold potentially, and Rosen coming out......  Look what was traded for RG3......  I'd sit through a rough year if I thought I could get that kind of haul.....   and a healthy luck, along with a new coaching staff to start season 2 of my GM tenure....

13 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Same reason they didn't put Manning on IR the year he never played, same reason they didn't put Luck on IR the year he lacerated his kidney.  They want to hold out hope he can return plus not kill business.

They didn't put Manning on IR because they weren't expecting the setback that occurred with him. They also thought Luck had a shot at the end of the season back in 15'. Entirely difference circumstances here where everyone was preaching that Luck would return at some point early this season.

Sharks smell blood in the water.  Other teams would like to loosen him up from ties to Indy.  The media would like a controversy to report, followed by him going to a large market.

Luck is getting paid and enjoys tremendous respect from everybody.

The idea that he deserves something better is just a thought the entitled diva crowd relates to.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

They didn't put Manning on IR because they weren't expecting the setback that occurred with him. They also thought Luck had a shot at the end of the season back in 15'. Entirely difference circumstances here where everyone was preaching that Luck would return at some point early this season.

No, it's not entirely different.  Manning suffered his setback before the regular season even started.  They knew the problem they had with him. They could have easily put him on I.R.   Sure, they "thought" Luck might return in 2015, kinda like they "think" Luck might return this year.

I still think Luck's going to come back at some point this year but I wouldn't be shocked by anything at this point, if he comes back in two weeks or misses the whole season.

There's plenty of reasons to not put him on IR or keep him on PUP, and still have the possibility of him missing several weeks.