Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck will miss several weeks?

CR91

6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

What will be will be, let him come back when he's ready. Till then hope Brisset catches fire. 

I agree with Irsay, we're in this for the long haul.  Ten more years of Luck is well worth five games, if that's what it takes.  

This is is a growing year for us.  Players learning how to play with each other.  And if Luck doesn't come back until Kelly is ready, I can live with that.  

13 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This is La Canfora, the same guy who said Luck would start the season on the PUP list.

Not saying that Luck won't miss more time, because I think he will miss the first 4 games or so, but La Canfora is known for just saying stuff.

Except it's not La Canfora, it's Rappoport, whose one of the best in the biz. 

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I agree with Irsay, we're in this for the long haul.  Ten more years of Luck is well worth five games, if that's what it takes.  

This is is a growing year for us.  Players learning how to play with each other.  And if Luck doesn't come back until Kelly is ready, I can live with that.  

This is why, despite the success of the 2012 season I was very frustrated with the BA offense. Why when you've gone all in by letting PM walk, do you put the future of franchise beyond a bargain basement O line with a vertical Scheme with none of that usual Rookie QB safety valves. 

My kingdom, my kingdom for a successful RB screen!

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Except it's not La Canfora, it's Rappoport, whose one of the best in the biz. 

Except the original post in this thread is linking a La Canfora article where he never says anything about Rappaport.

Rap is saying a few weeks, that we're showing caution. I think JLC is trying to be more vague and make it seem worse.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Except this thread was started from a La Canfora article where he never says anything about Rap.

Rap is saying a few weeks, that we're showing caution. Nothing like JLC is saying.

Oh my bad I somehow clicked the thread and then just didn't read the first post on it somehow. 

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

They need luck back by game 4 against the seahawks if they want to save the season by any means necessary 

Even if they're 1-3 to start the year, that doesn't at all mean it's over (considering the Colts were still in the race last year after starting 1-3).

Important to note that Indy does not play a divisional opponent until like week 6 or 7 I think, which is huge. If we can get there at like 2-3 with the backups and Luck returns, they're very well still in it. 

Cleveland and San Fran I think are must wins at home. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Oh my bad I somehow clicked the thread and then just didn't read the first post on it somehow. 

I did the same thing at first, saw the Rappaport tweet before.

And I guess JLC isn't saying anything too different from Rap on a second read through, I just think he likes to be vague and put a clickbait-y vibe to it.

9 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Even if they're 1-3 to start the year, that doesn't at all mean it's over (considering the Colts were still in the race last year after starting 1-3).

Important to note that Indy does not play a divisional opponent until like week 6 or 7 I think, which is huge. If we can get there at like 2-3 with the backups and Luck returns, they're very well still in it. 

Cleveland and San Fran I think are must wins at home. 

Tennessee has a very tough schedule at the begining, they very well could start 1-3 as well. Plus Houston has to play the Pats early. The division should still be tight. 0-4 though? That will be dang near over but its been done before.

12 minutes ago, Smitto said:

No news there, they need to bring Jacoby out... Oh how i would wish he plays week 2. Although i do hope Scott has a great game today.

Hope Tolzien has a good enough game today for the Colts to win.  But it would be nice for Jacoby to learn the play book enough to start next week.  

31 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

They need luck back by game 4 against the seahawks if they want to save the season by any means necessary 

No we dont as long as we beat the rams and browns if we lose to hawks and cards we will be 2-2 then luck can return versus 49ers

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Irsay said he would be ready for season opener not all that long ago.

And people on here said he'd be back probably by camp. Week 1 at the latest.  

The silence from the Colts told me it's going to be awhile, but I got laughed at for having an opinion that is turning out to be fact. 

1 hour ago, needanoline63 said:

I think the defense will be solid this season. But the offensive line and Scott tolzien scare me. I hope brisset finds his way to the field

As long as the offense can hold onto the ball and control the clock, I think the defense has more potential than last year's defense. However, I think the offense will struggle, and the defense will be gassed, and they'll look a lot worse than they actually are.

1 hour ago, ricker182 said:

And people on here said he'd be back probably by camp. Week 1 at the latest.  

The silence from the Colts told me it's going to be awhile, but I got laughed at for having an opinion that is turning out to be fact. 

Historical evidence suggests that you did NOT get laughed at for your opinion that Luck would be out for a while. You got this martyr thing nailed though. 

First. Who knows ? I mean really. He may miss 2 games. He may miss 5. We don't know. But it wont be more than 4-5 IMO.

2nd. Brissett will be ready by next week. That gives him 3 weeks with us. He'll be ready. He has a tremendous skill set, with a ton of upside. Very, VERY talented young QB. IMO he has ALL the tools, ALL the talent and potential to be a franchise QB. He's a duel threat. Pocket QB and a scrambler. He has that cannon of an arm bigger than Chris Wallace LOL. He's very athletic and can scramble to elude defenders and extend the play. Making it easier to find an open receiver or just run it his self if no receiver is open, or on a designed play for him to keep the ball. Its great to be able to showcase him in 3-4 starts as we may just be able to turn him into a high RD pick or 2. Maybe Ballard can correct one of many mistakes made if Brissett does ball out. I mean if he plays like I feel he's capable of playing. Its not unreasonable to think we could trade him for a 1 and a 2 if he plays great. At worst a 2nd if he plays well. Imagine him coming out and setting the NFL on fire and some horrible team like the Jets, Jags, 49ers, etc, who is in dire need of a franchise QB gives us a 1st and a 3rd or at least a 1 and a 4 for him. It'd be a top 5 pick so probably no 1 AND a 2. But a team with an old, declining QB... NO, NYG's, Arizona COULD land us a 1st AND a 2nd as they prolly wouldn't have top 5 or even top 10 picks. Say the 9ers pick 3rd overall, and we send JB and mid RD pick for their 1st and 4th. With 2 first RD picks, and all the cap room. We could be the SB favorite

3rd Tolzien is a joke, and I don't understand anyone arguing otherwise. Its probably the same posters who defended that last GM we had. You know. The mentally challenged one ? lmao......