Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts a dumpster fire?

Iron Colt

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumpster fire? Nah I wouldn't say that.

I would say that we are far from where we should be, but that's on Grigson and there's no reason to beat a dead horse.

We wont really see how far along the team is until Luck plays. We aren't a 2-14 team like before Luck got here, I don't think we are good enough to beat the Steelers/Pats in January either. As long as Ballard can keep the team in the right direction, I think we will be fine.

5 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Exactly, I predict we beat the Rams, even as beat up as we are.  This is a perfect opponent for us to start with, ,the Rams are in disarray after losing stalwart coach Fisher.  Prediction:   27-17.   We have weapons, Rams are the Rams.

The Rams are better for moving on from Fisher lol. We probably won't win, even without Aaron Donald playing. The Rams always seem to have our number.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Can you say that Bruce Arians couldn't have won as many games? I don't think he's ever been the worst coach ever in his 5 seasons but it's hard to think the Colts don't win 40+ games in 5 years without Pagano. Do they win 40 with Rex Ryan or Leslie Frazier? Probably not. But then again most of the "bad" coaches who have lost their job since 2012 didn't have Luck either.

Del Rio got fired from the Jags. Fast forward a few years later and you give him  Derek Carr, and he's making the playoffs in one of the tougher divisions.

Pagano didn't have luck in 2015 either for over half the season but he still won more than he lost...2:1 ratio as a matter of fact.

18 hours ago, Douzer said:

No, the dumpster fire raged for over 2 years. The fire was put out, damaged goods were shoveled away, and reconstruction is well underway. Your friend seems to be trapped in some sort of time bubble! 

I guess in your eyes we should just induct Ballard into the HOF right now.  

Why don't we wait a couple years to evaluate, ok?

29 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I guess in your eyes we should just induct Ballard into the HOF right now.  

Why don't we wait a couple years to evaluate, ok?

So, you make an utterly outrageous claim, twist it to put the words on me, then state the obvious? Derp... 

44 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I guess in retrospect filling out my profile was a waste of time I keep forgetting no one is real on the internet

I think you are putting too much thought into this.

I have never one time went to read someone's profile. I don't care to because it's what you bring to the forum that matters. None of us are going to think the same or have the same opinions.

There have been times when I have butted heads with a few but never take it personal. Matter of fact a few of those I have had butted heads with in the past are the ones we ended up having more in common than what you you would think. It all falls with the passion we all feel for the Colts a fans.

Only one thing I can say to you is lighten up. We come here to discuss and debate all things Colts. Sometimes it does get heated but that is exactly what families do so why should it be any different here?

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you are putting too much thought into this.

I have never one time went to read someone's profile. I don't care to because it's what you bring to the forum that matters. None of us are going to think the same or have the same opinions.

There have been times when I have butted heads with a few but never take it personal. Matter of fact a few of those I have had butted heads with in the past are the ones we ended up having more in common than what you you would think. It all falls with the passion we all feel for the Colts a fans.

Only one thing I can say to you is lighten up. We come here to discuss and debate all things Colts. Sometimes it does get heated but that is exactly what families do so why should it be any different here?

I gave you a trophy, but don't get used to it. :D 

:coltslogo:

2 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I guess in retrospect filling out my profile was a waste of time I keep forgetting no one is real on the internet

I will lighten up, because you do seem like a real down to earth person.

I think most people start looking at other profiles once they start liking that person's thoughts and demeanor. It's kind of a built-in mentality to thwart the trolls. Reputation on a board like this is earned, and it takes time.

A person can have a negative opinion of the Colts organization and still not be a troll. Some people are just that way, and it's their right to have an opinion. They must understand that negativity about the Colts on a Colts message board will be greeted with some backlash. And they must also understand that any incorrect statements will be quickly corrected. Even true statements will be countered with another posters idea of a truer statement. 

I certainly understand when I write negative words about the Colts decision-making then people are going to counter, and that is okay. It would suck if we all came here and agreed about everything. We need a little bit of friction sometimes to have an enjoyable conversation. 

I see what my eyes tell me, use my experience, and combine it with my best logic. Sometimes that can be negative towards the Colts and sometimes it can be positive. I don't allow the group opinion to impact my beliefs, but I do listen to logical thoughts. Sometimes I am in the majority and sometimes I am not. 

Typically, trolls are "new members" of the forum, because most of them don't last. They get outed and lose credibility so they create a new troll account and try again. Some trolls are creative enough to follow the rules and stick around for years, but most nosedive quickly. 

That is not to say all "new members" are "new fans". Some people just don't like to discuss the Colts on an open forum like this, and that's okay too. Some members rarely post, and mostly read others thoughts. 

I think you misunderstood my response. I want every Colts fan to have the opportunity to post here, and on several occasions, I have stuck up for people's right to have an opinion, even when it differed from my own. However, there needs to be at least some logic to what a person is saying. If they're just spewing stupidity with intentions to create controversy then they are a troll. 

I have been on Colts message boards since Harbaugh was our quarterback, and in my experience, it takes some thick skin to keep coming back to a board like this. Playing in this arena is not for the weak. 

Toughen up Buttercup. :)

15 hours ago, J@son said:

Pagano didn't have luck in 2015 either for over half the season but he still won more than he lost...2:1 ratio as a matter of fact.

And he had Luck for 15/16 games in 2016 and wasn't any better or worse. 2015 and 2016 are when the division actually started to become competitive. Funny how those years the Colts go 8-8 twice. And let's not forget that they lost a few games when Luck did play in 2015.

7 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Thank you for sharing your interests with us. I see you like Baseball. Feel free to join us on the Baseball thread. We have a great group of baseball fans there.

I look forward to your posts there. (I posted a link to the last comment.) :)

54 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And he had Luck for 15/16 games in 2016 and wasn't any better or worse. 2015 and 2016 are when the division actually started to become competitive. Funny how those years the Colts go 8-8 twice. And let's not forget that they lost a few games when Luck did play in 2015.

Yeah and in 2016 they were installing a new offense, new blocking scheme, all new offensive coaching staff, all new defensive coaching staff not to mention the injuries, especially in the secondary.  Add in the improvement from other teams and yeah, struggles should have been expected. But there was clear improvement as the season went on, especially with the OL, and they still pulled out 8 wins 

2 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

When Luck can stay healthy for two season strait we go 8 and 8 two season strait bad drafting. Giving Luck a big contract even though he didnt derserve it.

Didn't deserve it?  You have to be kidding me? As it stands right now having Luck at his salary is a bargain.

Even though he has lost some games due to injury he has still broken too many records to list especially in his first three seasons. Please make me a list of rookie QBs who took over a 2-14 team and made an AFC championship game their third year after advancing farther into the playoffs each year.

I am waiting.......

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

So you expected Chuck to take Grigsons bums and bust players and improve the team?  Get real.

Hey guys. Let's keep making fun of our fellow fans.  

Keep saying one another is high, dumb, uninformed, etc.

Good job allowing differing opinions without ridiculing each other.    

Great community here.    

:thmup:

/s   

Oh but if you swear here have fun with your ban.

3 hours ago, ricker182 said:

Great community here.    

/s   

See this is the crap that gets old.

Douzer posts that the team used to be a dumpster fire, but Ballard has come in and gotten rid of a lot of the dead wood (something pretty much the entire football world agrees with) and is in the process of rebuilding.

Your reply says that according to Douzer we should go ahead and put Ballard in the hall of fame.

It has nothing to do with having a differing opinion.  It has EVERYTHING to do with overly dramatic, sensationalist bull crap like that.  Then, after the inevitable replies that you get you complain and play the victim-card, crying about no one accepting people with a differing opinion.

I'd suggest you avoid behavior like that because otherwise very few people will take you seriously...and things will not change much for you around here.

Just now, J@son said:

agreed on both counts...pending health of certain players vis a vis winning the division :)

People just need to have patience. If Luck was out for the season then I can see the panic. I want to see what happens tomorrow before I really make a judgement. If we win without Luck and start 1-0 then as a fanbase we definitely need to RELAX as Rodgers would say.

On 9/9/2017 at 0:00 AM, colt18 said:

The Rams are better for moving on from Fisher lol. We probably won't win, even without Aaron Donald playing. The Rams always seem to have our number.

Donald is a beast, it will hurt them for sure.  with or without him, feel the same about the final outcome,,,,i'm keeping my prediction as is.

On September 8, 2017 at 5:08 PM, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

They haven't played a regular season game and they are a "dumpster fire"?  Smfh....

Exactly, RR7. Let's see what we look like vs the Rams before we start ordering our final meal & administering last rites. 

I'm kidding of course, but wow some fans having 1 NFL foot in the grave already. I'm not going anywhere & just like you; I'm riding with INDY for the long haul baby. 

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Oh,  here you go again...

Pagano goes 8-8 in 2015 without Luck for 9 games,  and you don't see a good coaching job, but instead a bad one.

Pagano goes 8-8 in 2016 with almost no defensive talent that Ballard now gets rid of and you don't see a good coaching job, instead you see a bad one.

Your HATE for Pagano is so obvious that you can't see straight or think straight.   It's a real shame,  you're smart but your hate has blinded you to the good job Pagano has done.

6 hours ago, ricker182 said:

Great community here.    

/s   

I wouldn't worry about those comments too much...    I'm the one who has complained about the quality of the fan base the loudest.     

And it has gotten me no where.    If anything it's hurt my reputation with some here.   Not a complaint, just an observation.    So the argument has no traction.   Anyone making it might as well spit into the wind.

As with all others you're free to speak your mind.    But you have to be willing to stand up and face others who disagree with you, perhaps strongly.

We are all here to support the Colts and have fun.     So don't sweat the small stuff and hopefully the 2017 Colts give us lots of enjoyment.

Go COLTS!!       :colts:

6 hours ago, ricker182 said:

Great community here.    

/s   

You confuse sarcastic comments with ridiculing or insults.

Sorry you are so thin skinned you get your feelings hurt.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Exactly, RR7. Let's see what we look like vs the Rams before we start ordering our final meal & administering last rites. 

I'm kidding of course, but wow some fans having 1 NFL foot in the grave already. I'm not going anywhere & just like you; I'm riding with INDY for the long haul baby. 

Even if we lose this first game I sill wont join the Doom & Gloom bunch.

With all the new players on the team anyone who thinks they will all come together and play like seasoned veterans are being unrealistic. I already know it will take time for these player to gel. A good team is not built with one draft and 4 pre season games. I have a feeling we will see a lot more changes before Ballard gets this team the way he wants them. IMO that is reality.

7 hours ago, J@son said:

Yeah and in 2016 they were installing a new offense, new blocking scheme, all new offensive coaching staff, all new defensive coaching staff not to mention the injuries, especially in the secondary.  Add in the improvement from other teams and yeah, struggles should have been expected. But there was clear improvement as the season went on, especially with the OL, and they still pulled out 8 wins 

Looks like a long list of excuses to me.So they can win 11 games in 2012, dealing with all the things you mentioned plus 50% roster turnover and a rookie QB, but in 2016 it was just too much? They won 11 games the first year under Pep, so there goes your new offense excuse. And we used SOME zone schemes. We didn't install a whole new blocking system.

I am actually cautiously optomistic this season.

I think after week 3 we may actually perform better as a team than before.  I know we play weaker teams during this time frame, but continuity, and settling in as a team with all the new faces will have to happen.  By this time Luck will be back, i am sure.

With Luck, our offense should still be top 5-7 in the league.

I am VERY optomistic that once our new defense buys into the sceme and get to know each other other the field, they will perform admirably.  Not top 10, but I think they will not be bottom 10 either.  We should have better QB pressue this year. (from what i've seen of the pre-season anyhow).  Our tackling is going to be our achilles.  If this can get coached up, we'll be fine.

No dumpster fire, maybe a small fire might be needed under certain player's/coaches however. :thinking:

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Looks like a long list of excuses to me.So they can win 11 games in 2012, dealing with all the things you mentioned plus 50% roster turnover and a rookie QB, but in 2016 it was just too much? They won 11 games the first year under Pep, so there goes your new offense excuse. And we used SOME zone schemes. We didn't install a whole new blocking system.

Not a list of excuses. Its a list of reasons that contributed to why they struggled last year. 

Um, did you not say yourself that the afc south was far more of a dumpster fire than it is now?

Pep didn't really change much of anything when he came on board. Pep also didn't replace the rest of the offensive coaching staff when he got here. He pretty much just picked up where arians left off. 

Geez, for some people, it's like the Colts are either favorites to win the AFC South and make a splash in the playoffs, or they're just a dumpster fire.  It's like there is no in-between.  Can't the Colts just be an average team?  Why is it either SB or #1 draft pick for some people?  Plenty of SB teams seemed very average at the beginning of the year.  Just roll the dice and enjoy the ride.

If we still have 0 wins in November... yeah dumpster fire.

If we win a SINGLE game without Luck... get your popcorn ready for when he comes back!

:coltshelmet: