Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts a dumpster fire?

Iron Colt

Not all new users are new fans I was in this forum back before Peyton was drafted I chose to leave it after

it became apparent  that their was to many so called experts and Colt bashers and it got very sickening 

I came back with the hope that their was more support as fans for the Colts. I have been a Colt fan since

the dreaded to you Indy fans Baltimore days in the late 50's so show a little more respect to what you call new people!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, horseshoecrabs said:

Not all new users are new fans I was in this forum back before Peyton was drafted I chose to leave it after

it became apparent  that their was to many so called experts and Colt bashers and it got very sickening 

I came back with the hope that their was more support as fans for the Colts. I have been a Colt fan since

the dreaded to you Indy fans Baltimore days in the late 50's so show a little more respect to what you call new people!

If anything even if you have been in this forum 10 years or more if you haven't lived through decades of Colt teams

give us a break!

5 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

We're rebuilding top to bottom. 

We wouldnt be rebuiding if we werent a dumpster fire. Weirdly were better than we were last year.

That's not how it works. We're rebuilding, and this roster is better. Nothing weird about it. Teams that aren't dumpster fires rebuild too. You don't have to be a bad team to rebuild. 

2 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Not sure why unpredictable injuries would turn us into a dumpster fire.  Trying to turn an overachieving less than average team into a contender in one season just doesn't happen.

I would say New England is more of a dumpster fire right now than we are... they were expected to be near perfect and unbeatable..... they are a long way from it.

Yeah, especially when you do it through the draft.  

38 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I think it's time for the moderators to start screening these new users a little more. 

I am okay with not allowing users to post new threads until they have replied to 500 or 1,000 threads. 

@Superman Can we make a little dumpster section to send these types of threads?

You got to separate new users from being new Colt fans not all of us are and a lot have been former users. And I'd take

long time Colt fans over just over long time forum Colt bashers any day!

2 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Not sure why unpredictable injuries would turn us into a dumpster fire.  Trying to turn an overachieving less than average team into a contender in one season just doesn't happen.

I would say New England is more of a dumpster fire right now than we are... they were expected to be near perfect and unbeatable..... they are a long way from it.

it may happen with the colts, who knows how all of our new team will play. we may turn out to be very good with this team of no names, the big name pats didnt do so good maybe our no names will, ballard may be a great judge of talent

7 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

You got to separate new users from being new Colt fans not all of us are and a lot have been former users. And I'd take

long time Colt fans over just over long time forum Colt bashers any day!

Sometimes fans of other teams go to other teams message board and "troll". This has been going on for a few decades. Typically new members with fewer than a couple hundred posts will begin creating provocative threads to unease the natives. 

Are you a troll or a Colts fan? If you're a Colts fan then I am obviously not talking about you.

For what it's worth, trolls do tend to argue with themselves.

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

How's about we see how they look Sunday afternoon?  Eh? 

Good lord.

Exactly, I predict we beat the Rams, even as beat up as we are.  This is a perfect opponent for us to start with, ,the Rams are in disarray after losing stalwart coach Fisher.  Prediction:   27-17.   We have weapons, Rams are the Rams.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Sometimes fans of other teams go to other teams message board and "troll". This has been going on for a few decades. Typically new members with fewer than a couple hundred posts will begin creating provocative threads to unease the natives. 

Are you a troll or a Colts fan? If you're a Colts fan then I am obviously am not talking about you.

For what it matters, trolls tend to argue with themselves.

If you take the time to read my background then it is self explanatory 

25 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

i concur

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

My point exactly if you are not to bothered by reading a so called newbie's background then you would see

not everyone are what you refer to as trolls

My bio could say that I am Brett Favre during the day and I moonlight as Batman so what the hell does that matter?

I am going to let you in on a little secret. The world doesn't care about you the way you think it does or want it to.

You want respect then you earn it. Post rational, well thought out posts, and people might like your thoughts. Post incoherent mumbling's with the intention of causing a stir then people will call you a troll. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

My bio could say that I am Brett Favre during the day and I moonlight as Batman so what the hell does that matter?

I am going to let you in on a little secret. The world doesn't care about you the way you think it does or want it to.

You want respect then you earn it. Post rational, well thought out posts, and people will might like your thoughts. Post incoherent mumbling's with the intention of causing a stir then people will call you a troll. 

I got news for you they don't care abut your thoughts either. You have  a false sense of thinking the more post you

have the bigger Colts fan you are even a fan of your limited Perspicacity would know that

20 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I got news for you they don't care abut your thoughts either. You have  a false sense of thinking the more post you

have the bigger Colts fan you are even a fan of your limited Perspicacity would know that

You have me figured all wrong.

One (of many) major difference(s) between you and me is that I don't expect anyone here to care about my thoughts. I write what I believe. Sometimes it's a popular opinion and sometimes it's not.

It's not my number of posts that make me a HUGE Colts fan. I am a HUGE Colts fan because I just am. Hell, I don't remember life before I became a Colts fan. I was young when the Irsay's packed up the Mayflower trucks, and I have never missed a game. 

Do you have a point to make?

3 hours ago, Old Colt said:

not referring to CB..... he is only bright spot.  just picking a date at the end of last season... hopefully CB can put out the fire in the dumpster, but it could take a couple years.

The Colts have and had their problems, but calling them a dumpster fire is utterly ridiculous.

A dumpster fire would be a team that struggles to win 2 or 3 games. The Colts aren't that bad.

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Exactly, I predict we beat the Rams, even as beat up as we are.  This is a perfect opponent for us to start with, ,the Rams are in disarray after losing stalwart coach Fisher.  Prediction:   27-17.   We have weapons, Rams are the Rams.

I honestly believe it can go either way. 

Anything and everything happens in week 1. It is such an odd week. Kind of like a teenager growing into his bigger feet. The coordination is a little off and clumsiness sets in. People are falling up the stairs. 

Then there's the impact of all the new faces for both teams. How does that story unfold? We don't know. 

We do know that we're a different team without Andrew Luck. We have to be more creative, and need more close plays to go our way. On the other hand; with Luck, we are rarely out of a game. Without him, if we get down my more than two possessions then it's over.

I am hoping for the best, However, I also have an understanding that the worse can happen.

Is the team a dumpster fire? No, we have Luck, so we'll always be out of that range. Right now we are a mediocre team. I think this is a very poor team right now though player wise. Besides Luck, Kelly, Hilton and Vontae, we have very few guys anyone would recognize that isn't a Colts fan, maybe Veniteri, but he's almost done. We have some of the least talented players of any team on the Colts. This team isn't anywhere close to contending as of now. Take away 3 of our 4 top guys for a month, and you have a recipe for disaster. 

Ballard is the wild card here. Most of this forum think of him as our savior. I was one the biggest supporters of him before Irsay actually hired him. I've been pretty unimpressed so far, though. Yes, we haven't played a game yet, but we've released a 4th rounder already, most of our draft picks can't even crack the starting lineup on one of the weakest rosters in the league, and besides John Simon, there has been nothing really impressive about the FA's. It looks like they'll just be released at the end of the season and we'll pick up a new batch while most likely not gaining any compensation picks. 

If Luck makes it to 100%, we'll eventually be back on track, that's a big if though. We also missed out on Kareem Hunt and drafted Marlon Mack, which I don't know our level of interest in him, but that could of been an affordable RB that could of carried the load with Luck for 10 years. There's usually one in every draft, and it's infuriating to see a rookie within our range do so well like that. Tired of not having anyone at the RB spot. Mack should do fine, but I don't see him performing anything like that. 

Anyway, it'll be an interesting first game. I think this is the only game that is really unpredictable through the first month, so we need to fight hard to take it. 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard is the wild card here. Most of this forum think of him as our savior. I was one the biggest supporters of him before Irsay actually hired him. I've been pretty unimpressed so far, though. Yes, we haven't played a game yet, but we've released a 4th rounder already, most of our draft picks can't even crack the starting lineup on one of the weakest rosters in the league, and besides John Simon, there has been nothing really impressive about the FA's. It looks like they'll just be released at the end of the season and we'll pick up a new batch while most likely not gaining any compensation picks. 

Yes, Ballard cut his first ever 4th round pick...in the following September no less. That absolutely is...frustrating, to say the least. However, a counterpoint...bill polian drafted Terrance Taylor in the 4th round of the 2009 draft and cut him in September of that same year. Polian's first year as GM was in 1986...so he had approx 23 years experience. Ballard has none. So think of it this way...Ballard is getting those mistakes out of the way early. (If only it really worked that way, right? Lol)  

Seriously though, I get the frustration over banner, and its definitely a ding on his record, but I wouldn't say it in any way lessened my opinion of him. Now, same thing happens again next year and then its "bring up worthy"  imo. 

The rest I pretty much strongly disagree with. 

:)

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Is the team a dumpster fire? No, we have Luck, so we'll always be out of that range. Right now we are a mediocre team. I think this is a very poor team right now though player wise. Besides Luck, Kelly, Hilton and Vontae, we have very few guys anyone would recognize that isn't a Colts fan, maybe Veniteri, but he's almost done. We have some of the least talented players of any team on the Colts. This team isn't anywhere close to contending as of now. Take away 3 of our 4 top guys for a month, and you have a recipe for disaster. 

If Luck makes it to 100%, we'll eventually be back on track, that's a big if though. We also missed out on Kareem Hunt and drafted Marlon Mack, which I don't know our level of interest in him, but that could of been an affordable RB that could of carried the load with Luck for 10 years. There's usually one in every draft, and it's infuriating to see a rookie within our range do so well like that. Tired of not having anyone at the RB spot. Mack should do fine, but I don't see him performing anything like that. 

Anyway, it'll be an interesting first game. I think this is the only game that is really unpredictable through the first month, so we need to fight hard to take it. 

He preached competition.   He is living up to it.    He admitted banner didn't cut the mustard as moved on.   I like it.   

5 hours ago, J@son said:

So my question is....why does pagano not get ANY credit for that? So many people keep talking about how hes the worst coach in the league and he can't coach up players etc etc. The colts simply could not gave had those records if those things were true. That was not all because of Andrew luck and 2015 proved that to be true. 

Because the division was a dumpster fire. In those 5 years the Titans, Texans, and Jaguars all picked in the top 5. The division got better and they couldn't win more than 8 games with a healthy Luck. That's why he doesn't get any credit. Colts got about 5-6 free wins for awhile and then got the luxury of playing teams like the Browns, Dolphins, Saints, etc...

Sure we beat the Broncos a bunch of times, the Super Bowl winning Seahawks, and seem to have the Chiefs number but the Colts were thoroughly embarrassed by  other elite teams and still will randomly drop a game to scrub teams like the 40 point loss to the Jags in 2015 or the blowout against the 2013 rams. Pagano doesn't get any credit because it really has been The Luck, T.Y., and Vinateri show for 5 years.

9 minutes ago, J@son said:

That right there invalidates absolutely everything else you said. To give him no credit whatsoever is ridiculous.

Can you say that Bruce Arians couldn't have won as many games? I don't think he's ever been the worst coach ever in his 5 seasons but it's hard to think the Colts don't win 40+ games in 5 years without Pagano. Do they win 40 with Rex Ryan or Leslie Frazier? Probably not. But then again most of the "bad" coaches who have lost their job since 2012 didn't have Luck either.

Del Rio got fired from the Jags. Fast forward a few years later and you give him  Derek Carr, and he's making the playoffs in one of the tougher divisions.