Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts a dumpster fire?

Iron Colt

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why unpredictable injuries would turn us into a dumpster fire.  Trying to turn an overachieving less than average team into a contender in one season just doesn't happen.

I would say New England is more of a dumpster fire right now than we are... they were expected to be near perfect and unbeatable..... they are a long way from it.

54 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

I have a friend who has season tickets and that's how he describes them. I live in Tennessee so I don't get to watch or hear radio shows on them.

No, the dumpster fire raged for over 2 years. The fire was put out, damaged goods were shoveled away, and reconstruction is well underway. Your friend seems to be trapped in some sort of time bubble! 

16 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

If you are trying to refer to when we hired Chris Ballard it was January 29, and officially announced on January 30th.

not referring to CB..... he is only bright spot.  just picking a date at the end of last season... hopefully CB can put out the fire in the dumpster, but it could take a couple years.

20 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

not referring to CB..... he is only bright spot.  just picking a date at the end of last season... hopefully CB can put out the fire in the dumpster, but it could take a couple years.

I guess I still do not understand what dumpster fire everyone is talking about?  We have a new roster and have yet to play a game.  Same owner and a new GM.  Same coach for now his 6th season.  What is the cause of this so called dumpster fire?  And please spare me the fire Pagano garbage.

26 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

11-5

11-5

11-5

8-8

8-8

That does not even come into the zip code of being called a dumpster fire.

No.     We're not a dumpster fire.

Your friend is just a frustrated season ticket holder.     He's been fruastrated for a few years now, and he knows this is going to be another difficult year.         OK.

But that doesn't mean we're a dumpster fire.     We're a long way from that.

1 hour ago, J@son said:

11-5

11-5

11-5

8-8

8-8

That does not even come into the zip code of being called a dumpster fire.

Agree,but name the pro bowlers from each of those seasons. Not a bad record for 5 seasons but looking at the roster from those seasons, the Colts were way worse than their records.

3 hours ago, Iron Colt said:

I have a friend who has season tickets and that's how he describes them. I live in Tennessee so I don't get to watch or hear radio shows on them.

I think it's time for the moderators to start screening these new users a little more. 

I am okay with not allowing users to post new threads until they have replied to 500 or 1,000 threads. 

@Superman Can we make a little dumpster section to send these types of threads?

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agree,but name the pro bowlers from each of those seasons. Not a bad record for 5 seasons but looking at the roster from those seasons, the Colts were way worse than their records.

So my question is....why does pagano not get ANY credit for that? So many people keep talking about how hes the worst coach in the league and he can't coach up players etc etc. The colts simply could not gave had those records if those things were true. That was not all because of Andrew luck and 2015 proved that to be true. 

8 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I think it's time for the moderators to start screening these new users a little more. 

I am okay with not allowing users to post new threads until they have replied to 500 or 1,000 threads. 

The first few posts are moderated closely. There's a post minimum before you can make a new thread. But in general, trouble makers show themselves, and the community here does a good job of flagging them as such. What we don't do is curate for quality. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

The first few posts are moderated closely. There's a post minimum before you can make a new thread. But in general, trouble makers show themselves, and the community here does a good job of flagging them as such. What we don't do is curate for quality

Ha, that would be an unrealizable goal!!!

I guess the Colts are a dumpster fire because Andrew Luck is taking a normal amount of time to recover from offseason surgery. Our QB not coming back early from an injury to his throwing shoulder is an indictment on the franchise, I guess.

This is all nonsense, for sure. The Colts are not the best team in the league. The roster needs improvement in a lot of areas. The coach is on the hot seat. They are FAR from a dumpster fire, though. Anyone embarrassed by the Colts has a serious lack of perspective. 

17 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It's hard to say if this solve the problem, or just hide some new member, i wanted to make a new thread about ballard's offseason, i left this reply in a post, and nobody even saw because the thread went to the limbo.