Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Wish The Colts Had Won That Last Game Now?

Fireman818

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, its the media and "us" that are creating all the drama out of all this. The powers that be have plans on what they are doing. Im sure they have pretty much every aspect planned. With a healthy Manning, without a healthy Manning, if we draft Luck, or not. They get paid very well to be prepared for every situation which I bet they are doing better than ever after it became painfully obvious after this past year that they didnt do it.

True, but people wouldn't be saying "OMG, RG3= best QB evar, he cannot sit on bench, plz to release star QB so can start" and the like.

I agree the talk would still be here, but the volume wouldn't be cranked to 11 as it is now.

You would still hear people saying "You can't have a Heisman trophy winner sit on your bench. He needs to play, he has to play, the world is ending. Play him before the world ends"

Other than our Colts winning the Super Bowl in 2011, I think getting the first overall pick (and Luck) is the best thing that could happen to our franchise. Its unlikely Peyton will return to the NFL, let alone our Colts. At best, he had 2-4 good years of football left, declining each season in ability. Now we retool, get the best prospect QB since Elway, and should be back in the AFC mix every year in about 2 years or so. Its awesome.

It would not be any different, everyone would be saying Manning may be replaced by RG3. Even some of us might want to trade up for Luck. It also would have no impact on Mannings health. If we were picking #1, #2, #10 or #30, Manning isn't going to heal any differently. We are very fortunate to be able to potentially take the best prospect in a long time.

keyword in your post is " IF ". theres no telling when his nerves will regenerate themselves. if they ever do. and i can only see them keeping him if he agrees to a realease and resign deal to where they can sign him for far more less money.

i agree that even if we do keep him, it will be under a new contract and not us paying the $28million bonus on the current contract...as for the nerves, a lot of people in the know seem to think he's very close to being back , where as the people on the outside such as Kravitz seem to want to say he's far from being back.

Personally, i will believe Polian, Adam Vinatieri, Mort and Addai over Kravitz and LaCanfora/Lombardi every day of the week

What's great about it please? If we had the number 2 pick, Manning is miraculously cured and 100% healthy?

Either way in ends, someone will look bad....there's no happy ending.....we had number 2 pick itd be different...

Oh your still drinking the Koolaid espn is handing out...

Some advice....it's spiked

Even if we didn't have the first overall pick and had the 2nd overall instead, you would still hear all this talk. Just replace Luck's name with RG3

THIS!

Winning that last game did not affect Manning's health. Whether his replacement was here, being drafted, or whatever, the "Manning-Gate" would still be going on.

Wished it at the time and still do. I said at the time that the Colts were heading for the biggest soap opera ever and got dismissed how it would be a seamless transition with Peyton mentoring Luck and no controversy. lol.

That was never an option...

and who is creating the "soap opera" .. ??? It's not teh media... It's our team's owner and our "soon to be former QB" ...

I just don't get it... If both would just keep their pie holes shut then the split would have been smooth .... but both ego's have got to have it go down "on their terms" ... Silly....

Either way in ends, someone will look bad....there's no happy ending.....we had number 2 pick itd be different...

Oh your still drinking the Koolaid espn is handing out...

Some advice....it's spiked

How would it be different? As to the rest of your post, I have really no idea what on earth you are talking about...

You would still hear people saying "You can't have a Heisman trophy winner sit on your bench. He needs to play, he has to play, the world is ending. Play him before the world ends"

RG3 has p

THIS!

Winning that last game did not affect Manning's health. Whether his replacement was here, being drafted, or whatever, the "Manning-Gate" would still be going on.

??? If one has been reading between the lines through out the last few months then the team's intentions have been "clear as could be" ... No conspiracy.. just a change... it happens all the time.

RG3 has p

??? If one has been reading between the lines through out the last few months then the team's intentions have been "clear as could be" ... No conspiracy.. just a change... it happens all the time.

RG3 has p?

Yeah, there's no real conspiracy, just the media trying to make things seem like all heck has broken loose

How would it be different? As to the rest of your post, I have really no idea what on earth you are talking about...

IMO the talk about shipping Peyton off for rgIII would be far less (maybe not even exist) because the thing about rgIII is his potential not him being NFL ready...Thats what makes the argument with luck so great, cause everyone says he is NFL ready now, so we draft him and Irsay keeps his word and Peyton comes pack the circus that will follow will make what's going on now look Like a pregame show to the super bowl...

I remember when I was rooting for the Colts to loose the last game of the season because I wanted the #1 overall pick so the Colts could trade it and get numerous picks to address several area's of need. Now we have sat through a month and haif of Manning Gate and it is the same thing everyday. The soap opera continues everyday. Now I know how the Packers must have felt when Favre was replaced but at least they had a prepared Rodgers ready to take the reigns.

If I only knew what I knew now I might have rooted for them to win that last game so we wouldn't have the #1 overall pick and all this talk of replacing Manning would be different I think. What would we be thinking then? Wouldn't it be nice to be #2 overall and have a healthy Manning coming back into the fold? Would we be talking about drafting RG3? How things could have been different if we just had won that last game.

No because Peyton would still have health questions. That's what is driving this. The only thing that would be different would be that we wouldn't have the guy that people are calling the best prospect since Elway looking us in the face in case we have to move on from Peyton. It's the health questions driving the Manning talk. I've yet to see one person say hey if Manning's healthy we should go with Luck over Manning.

If we get a healthy Manning back and Andrew Luck agrees to back him up..

...the game is over and we won....

But life would be simpler if we had the 2nd pick...

why would it be easier? we would still be in the same boat, because then you would have the people who say trade with st louis to get luck first. RG3 is saying he will back up Manning....of course he will say that, he wants to be the number 1 pick, if the colts had the 2nd 3rd or 4th pick he wouldnt say that. you dont pass up a chance to take one of the best QB's to ever come out of college. its stupid and you will be looked at as the team who wanted to stick with an aging QB coming off of 3 surgeries on his neck instead of drafting the next franchise QB. just because other former #1 picked QB's have not performed well but none of them have been compared to Elway,or Manning even Aaron Rodgers for that matter.

why would it be easier? we would still be in the same boat, because then you would have the people who say trade with st louis to get luck first. RG3 is saying he will back up Manning....of course he will say that, he wants to be the number 1 pick, if the colts had the 2nd 3rd or 4th pick he wouldnt say that. you dont pass up a chance to take one of the best QB's to ever come out of college. its stupid and you will be looked at as the team who wanted to stick with an aging QB coming off of 3 surgeries on his neck instead of drafting the next franchise QB. just because other former #1 picked QB's have not performed well but none of them have been compared to Elway,or Manning even Aaron Rodgers for that matter.

It would be simpler because we wouldnt be talking about Luck, we'd be talking about RG3..who isnt a family friend f Manning and isnt 'shovel-ready' for NFL play

...we wouldnt be talking about 'passing up' the best QB ever . We wouldnt be trading up because we have nothing to trade up with except draft choices and players we cant afford to lose..since we're 2-14

..and we wouldnt be talking about the No.1 overall pick..which folks feel should start immediately....

..and we'd be committed to Manning..

We'd take RG3 and hope for Mannings recovery....

What if mid season Peyton said "I'm done, I physically can't play anymore. I have a family now and want to settle in to my life after football". Aren't you glad we have the #1 pick then? Because at this moment, right now, Peyton Manning cannot play! In the afformentioned scenario, everyone would be ecstatic at the chance to pick Luck

What if mid season Peyton said "I'm done, I physically can't play anymore. I have a family now and want to settle in to my life after football". Aren't you glad we have the #1 pick then? Because at this moment, right now, Peyton Manning cannot play! In the afformentioned scenario, everyone would be ecstatic at the chance to pick Luck

that was a risk i never thought about. but that is if he can even play. no one knows for sure when his nerves will regenerate to where he is at pro bowl form again. and thats if it ever does. we could be looking at a PM on a Joe Flacco Level who knows. thats why i stand by with what i said in drafting luck. hes got the size of Tebow, but faster then tebow in the 40. he has the quick release of aaron rodgers, and the accuracy and vision of peyton manning, not to mention breaks out of sack situations like rothlisberger.

It would be simpler because we wouldnt be talking about Luck, we'd be talking about RG3..who isnt a family friend f Manning and isnt 'shovel-ready' for NFL play

...we wouldnt be talking about 'passing up' the best QB ever . We wouldnt be trading up because we have nothing to trade up with except draft choices and players we cant afford to lose..since we're 2-14

..and we wouldnt be talking about the No.1 overall pick..which folks feel should start immediately....

..and we'd be committed to Manning..

We'd take RG3 and hope for Mannings recovery....

Hope in one hand and **** in the other, then tell me whih one fills up faster ;)....btw, just having fun with you OldUncMark :)

that was a risk i never thought about. but that is if he can even play. no one knows for sure when his nerves will regenerate to where he is at pro bowl form again. and thats if it ever does. we could be looking at a PM on a Joe Flacco Level who knows. thats why i stand by with what i said in drafting luck. hes got the size of Tebow, but faster then tebow in the 40. he has the quick release of aaron rodgers, and the accuracy and vision of peyton manning, not to mention breaks out of sack situations like rothlisberger.

*excited*

I was definitely rooting for a win that game, as I do with all Colts games. By the last game of course I knew who Andrew Luck was, but at that time it was really looking like their was no reason Peyton couldn't come back (he was beginning to throw again etc...) so the idea of getting a new QB didn't really occur to me.

Additionally if we'd won, Peyton wasn't going to begin magically healing faster. The need for depth or a replacement would still be the number one topic of our off-season, and if we had the second pick we'd probably chance it on RG3.

I kinda thought the Colts were destined for the first pick after they got raped by the Saints.

The game vs. Carolina was key too. If the Colts won that game IMO they would not have been the first pick.

The Jaguars were not part of the under the table AFC South handshake agreement to let the Colts win we found out in the end.

It's pretty simple, IF Manning was anywhere close to being remotely near to what he was before he would call the media to whatever facility that he's working out at and he would throw the ball for all the world to see that he is going to be the QB that can lead this team in the next season. That would put all the speculation and "noodle arm" talk to rest and it would put all the pressure on Irsay to live up to his words that a healthy Manning will be a Colt. He obviously is unable to do that at this time so Irsay is only doing what any good owner should do and that is prepare this team for the future. Like it or not, whether it's this season or another 1-2, Manning will eventually be done in Indy. It's not me pushing him out the door, it's me being realistic that every player's career only lasts so long. Why does everybody that claims they are a Colts fan want to put the legacy of one man over the future of this team? Now here comes all the Manning built this team, etc. And while you can say that he brought this team to the forefront of the league, Joe Montana did they same for the 49ers and they didn't continue to pay him when the ROI wasn't worth it. There won't be any riots, there won't be any possible lynchings for Irsay or Grigson. The Manning bandwagon fans will jump off the ship and be replaced by the Luck bandwagoners and the Colts fans will still be here no matter what. Just my .02

I remember when I was rooting for the Colts to loose the last game of the season because I wanted the #1 overall pick so the Colts could trade it and get numerous picks to address several area's of need. Now we have sat through a month and haif of Manning Gate and it is the same thing everyday. The soap opera continues everyday. Now I know how the Packers must have felt when Favre was replaced but at least they had a prepared Rodgers ready to take the reigns.

If I only knew what I knew now I might have rooted for them to win that last game so we wouldn't have the #1 overall pick and all this talk of replacing Manning would be different I think. What would we be thinking then? Wouldn't it be nice to be #2 overall and have a healthy Manning coming back into the fold? Would we be talking about drafting RG3? How things could have been different if we just had won that last game.

I was for what ever it took to get JC out of here,great guy ,very bad coach.

It's pretty simple, IF Manning was anywhere close to being remotely near to what he was before he would call the media to whatever facility that he's working out at and he would throw the ball for all the world to see that he is going to be the QB that can lead this team in the next season. That would put all the speculation and "noodle arm" talk to rest and it would put all the pressure on Irsay to live up to his words that a healthy Manning will be a Colt. He obviously is unable to do that at this time so Irsay is only doing what any good owner should do and that is prepare this team for the future. Like it or not, whether it's this season or another 1-2, Manning will eventually be done in Indy. It's not me pushing him out the door, it's me being realistic that every player's career only lasts so long. Why does everybody that claims they are a Colts fan want to put the legacy of one man over the future of this team? Now here comes all the Manning built this team, etc. And while you can say that he brought this team to the forefront of the league, Joe Montana did they same for the 49ers and they didn't continue to pay him when the ROI wasn't worth it. There won't be any riots, there won't be any possible lynchings for Irsay or Grigson. The Manning bandwagon fans will jump off the ship and be replaced by the Luck bandwagoners and the Colts fans will still be here no matter what. Just my .02

It's just as likely that Manning doesn't feel the need to prove to the media the level of his arm strength. He and Irsay are on the same page and that is all that matters. Those two are not trying to pressure each other. They both repeatedly speak of being in communication, having a good relationship, and being like family. So, nothing is "obvious". From their perspective, let the media stew.

Everybody's career does come to an end. But, if Manning's career is not over, he's the surest bet to get a team to a super bowl. That's the primary reason so many don't want to see him in another uniform. It's kind of a selfish attitude. I want the Colts to run at the super bowl next year and if PM is healthy give him a defense and running game and go for it.

Hmm, either losing the game and having a much better QB prospect or much more trade potential...or winning the game and having neither, plus the possibility of delaying the much overdue GM/coach housecleaning. Nah, I think I'm good

It's just as likely that Manning doesn't feel the need to prove to the media the level of his arm strength. He and Irsay are on the same page and that is all that matters. Those two are not trying to pressure each other. They both repeatedly speak of being in communication, having a good relationship, and being like family. So, nothing is "obvious". From their perspective, let the media stew.

Everybody's career does come to an end. But, if Manning's career is not over, he's the surest bet to get a team to a super bowl. That's the primary reason so many don't want to see him in another uniform. It's kind of a selfish attitude. I want the Colts to run at the super bowl next year and if PM is healthy give him a defense and running game and go for it.

I don't think anybody especially Manning enjoys being drug through the mud. While Irsay and Manning have shown a united front, a simple display of ability would be enough to quiet all the critics, naysayers, and headline seekers. And as much as I would love to think that this team can return to instant SB contenders with Manning back that just really isn't likely given the current make up of this team. The offense is falling apart and the defense is about to be blown up and reconstructed. Even with Manning there isn't going to be an overnight fix with this team, be it age, salary cap, talent of players, the institution of new HC, DC, and OC, etc etc etc.