Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Wish The Colts Had Won That Last Game Now?

Fireman818

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get awful lot of "oh well" attitude around here when faced with the possibility of Manning retiring or moving on. With the #2 pick, I don't think that's the predominant attitude.

the way your making it sound like is that you think people dont care what manning has done for indy. that is not the case, every colts fan cares and appreciates what Manning has done in indy. but at the same time, they want the team heading in the right direction and with his health there is no guarentee he will be the same manning or even close to it. the ones who are pleaing for manning to return next season dont want to face reality that mannings time maybe in fact done. even if the colts had the number 2 pick i would still think the same way. i rather the colts get a new QB then stick with a 36 year old who has health issues. thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I get awful lot of "oh well" attitude around here when faced with the possibility of Manning retiring or moving on. With the #2 pick, I don't think that's the predominant attitude.

If somebody has been a fan of this team during the "Colts" or the "Count On Losing This Sunday" days I think they appreciate, more than anybody, what Manning has done by bringing this team to new heights. Peyton will always be known as the face of the franchise and the man who built Lucas Oil Stadium. I don't think anybody is happy about the way this situation has unfolded. I think everybody felt that Manning would be able to play until he didn't want to anymore, and that he would go on to break every major QB stat in history. Then 3 neck surgeries happened, and the woeful season took place. Which to me was a blessing in disguise. Anybody (who has followed this team) has known these weaknesses were there for years, and due to Manning's greatness they were able to overlook and overcome. But now everything that was wrong with this team has been exposed for the whole world to see. It was a shame that it went for years, but it will now be a crime for them to not do anything about it. So now comes the house cleaning, and the "rebuilding" stage, and those things are hard to do when you have an aging unhealthy QB still trying to hold onto the pieces that are this team. It's going to be a cpl seasons, IMO, before all of the pieces are put back in place and this team will start being playoff contenders again. I will always be a Colts fan first and if I feel that Manning staying isn't going to be the best thing for the long term future of this team, then I will forever appreciate what he has done for this team, city, state, and the NFL for that matter. I probably wouldn't be able to have this picture of the ring for my profile without him. Every player's career comes to an end, be it with a particular team or altogether. I'm not going to let my admiration for Manning and his legacy mean more to me than the love for this team. Sorry if that seems like I don't care about him or what he's done because that's not the case, it's just I don't feel the need to tie a knot at the end of the rope and desperately hang on to something that may never happen again.

We'd be in the exact same position we are now regarding Manning except we wouldn't be in a position to draft the best player.

Manning staying or going has nothing to do with Luck, and everything to do with his cap hit versus his health.

We'd be in the exact same position we are now regarding Manning except we wouldn't be in a position to draft the best player.

Manning staying or going has nothing to do with Luck, and everything to do with his cap hit versus his health.

I disagree. I feel that Peyton's feeling on staying or going would be different without Luck coming in.

I disagree. I feel that Peyton's feeling on staying or going would be different without Luck coming in.

I don't. This is an issue of where he is with his rehab when he is examined along with where we could reasonably expect him to be once training camp starts. Being able to draft Andrew Luck isn't going to impact that one bit.

I remember when I was rooting for the Colts to loose the last game of the season because I wanted the #1 overall pick so the Colts could trade it and get numerous picks to address several area's of need. Now we have sat through a month and haif of Manning Gate and it is the same thing everyday. The soap opera continues everyday. Now I know how the Packers must have felt when Favre was replaced but at least they had a prepared Rodgers ready to take the reigns.

If I only knew what I knew now I might have rooted for them to win that last game so we wouldn't have the #1 overall pick and all this talk of replacing Manning would be different I think. What would we be thinking then? Wouldn't it be nice to be #2 overall and have a healthy Manning coming back into the fold? Would we be talking about drafting RG3? How things could have been different if we just had won that last game.

I am EXTREMELY thankful we got the #1 pick. I have no faith that Manning can perform and if we didn't get that pick I'd hate to be the cellar dwellers of the AFC for the next few years.

No worries we still may be when Luck if a flop

I think you meant to say "Is" a flop based on the A afterwards and to that all I have to say is If your for the Colts it may be time to get behind our new QB or start looking for another team. Sure it's possible he could be a flop but odds say he wont be.

I think you meant to say "Is" a flop based on the A afterwards and to that all I have to say is If your for the Colts it may be time to get behind our new QB or start looking for another team. Sure it's possible he could be a flop but odds say he wont be.

Luck will be a fish out of water flopping around, and Manning goes on to win a few more rings while colts turn into water down a toliet... Losing Manning, Wayne, Saturday, who knows on Mattis, and Garcon... Obviously Colts had holes all over the place now They will have even more... Whole new Defense they have to build for, and still no QB backup... Yeah going to be a great team for letting Manning go, and not trading pick... I told you back a while back you was just a Luck fan, and here you are now showing same thing... Oh well bottom AFC for a few years now

Couldn't agree more with you. That's the difference between those who are Colts fans and those who are just Manning Colts fans. Manning Colts fans will be looking to crucify this kid any chance they get, all while forgetting that Manning was 3-13 with more INTs than TDs in his rookie season. There is a learning curve for every player in this league. Some adapt quickly and become great, some take a little longer, and some never do figure it out. Luck has twice the work ethic of Leaf and Russell and half the ego, so I don't see the bust potential with this kid either. Is he the next Peyton Manning? No, because there is only one Peyton Manning, but I can assure you he's going to give it his all to be the best Andrew Luck.

Luck will be a fish out of water flopping around, and Manning goes on to win a few more rings while colts turn into water down a toliet... Losing Manning, Wayne, Saturday, who knows on Mattis, and Garcon... Obviously Colts had holes all over the place now They will have even more... Whole new Defense they have to build for, and still no QB backup... Yeah going to be a great team for letting Manning go, and not trading pick... I told you back a while back you was just a Luck fan, and here you are now showing same thing... Oh well bottom AFC for a few years now

Since you can predict the future so well, what are the next winning Powerball numbers?

Just my opinion but just releasing Manning will cause the most uproar. If you think this fan base won't want Irsay's head, then your crazy. They already booed him at the NFL experience Super Bowl week. Thats with Manning still on the roster. Fans will riot, season ticket sells will decline if announced prior to March 3rd, lol. If they just release Manning they will have to have security at the Colts complex. People will be driving by throwing there Manning Jersey's on the front door. Not good.

, thats why I wish we had won that last game now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't anything new, owners have been burned in effigy more times than they like to think about but the bottom line is they still make money and the team continues for better or worse. Ticket sales probably will dip if #18 isn't behind center but it will go up again, too many people want to see a Colts game that don't have the money to pay aftermarket prices. As for throwing out Manning jerseys--yeah, right. How many "88" or "21" jerseys did you see in the trash?

I'm hoping the right decisions will be made by Irsay with his new "advisors" and the team remains a viable contender for years to come.

Yea, you need to go over to the Patriots forum. Buh-bye.

162038_123346197676101_8260875_n.jpg

I like how you see the darkside of things :D

Couldn't agree more with you. That's the difference between those who are Colts fans and those who are just Manning Colts fans. Manning Colts fans will be looking to crucify this kid any chance they get, all while forgetting that Manning was 3-13 with more INTs than TDs in his rookie season. There is a learning curve for every player in this league. Some adapt quickly and become great, some take a little longer, and some never do figure it out. Luck has twice the work ethic of Leaf and Russell and half the ego, so I don't see the bust potential with this kid either. Is he the next Peyton Manning? No, because there is only one Peyton Manning, but I can assure you he's going to give it his all to be the best Andrew Luck.

I can't disagree with some of this I will be ready to crucify this kid... Here's to wishing for torn acl

I can't disagree with some of this I will be ready to crucify this kid... Here's to wishing for torn acl

What pray tell has Luck ever done to you to wish for a torn acl?

Is it his fault that the he is being talked about for his potential to be a great QB?

Is it his fault that Peyton was injured?

Is it his fault that the Colts went 2-14 and ended up with the #1 pick?

To wish a torn acl on anyone (even Tom Brady) is something that I cannot fathom.

What pray tell has Luck ever done to you to wish for a torn acl?

Is it his fault that the he is being talked about for his potential to be a great QB?

Is it his fault that Peyton was injured?

Is it his fault that the Colts went 2-14 and ended up with the #1 pick?

To wish a torn acl on anyone (even Tom Brady) is something that I cannot fathom.

Agreed I was out of line.... Sorry Darkside got to ne

If that's the kind of fans this team has, than I'm almost ashamed to call myself a Colts fan. Maybe you can jump on the next bandwagon that comes along.

Maybe who knows kick Manning out of town (hopefully to another AFC South team), and kicks Colts around for a few years, maybe a that band wagon empties out Lucus... never know... Happens when you run a guy out of town that made the town a football town...

Maybe who knows kick Manning out of town (hopefully to another AFC South team), and kicks Colts around for a few years, maybe a that band wagon empties out Lucus... never know... Happens when you run a guy out of town that made the town a football town...

Are these the thoughts of a true Colts fan?

I think they are more akin to the thoughts of a Manning fanboy.